IGNORED

Ivan Rakitic

Quality player, Everton chased him a few years back when he was 18. Whether he will fit into the 'Everton' mould is something else, like Bily, hes a 'luxury' player. ALright he plays in the Bundesliga (probably the most similar playing style to that of the prem), but the pace itself is just a little slower and technically not as good, so he shines. I wouldnt mind him, think he's got a great future but dont let people expecting him as a 'winger' coz like Bily, he's not!

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 7 years later...
Just now, StevO said:

Couldn’t argue with that mate. Just don’t see us buying another one, do you?

If we got him, I’d happily stop there for midfielders. He would provide competition for both Gylfis position and potentially Gomes. If nothing else, the presence of his experience around the squad would be massive. 

7 minutes ago, London Blue said:

We can only play so many at once tho. Hard to keep them happy.

Plus he is 31 and on a fortune, would knock back our attempts to get the wage bill under control.

Barry was on how much and was how old though mate? Even if he didn’t play, he offers exceptional competition for several other players. 

It looks like, If we could offload Morgan, his wages make no difference (more or less)

3 minutes ago, Matt said:

Barry was on how much and was how old though mate? Even if he didn’t play, he offers exceptional competition for several other players. 

It looks like, If we could offload Morgan, his wages make no difference (more or less)

True, but we have Delph to do the role Barry played with advice and competition. 

If we offload Morgan, who is cover for Gbamin then Delph can cover him maybe or do we get someone else in? 

Ratic is a great player and would give us more quality going forward, but where would he fit in, do we drop Siggy?

I don't know mate I just get a bit nervous when we get linked with players at the end of their career, especially when we are signing so many players. Too much change. Maybe its a flashback to Walsh and Koeman😱

6 minutes ago, London Blue said:

True, but we have Delph to do the role Barry played with advice and competition. 

If we offload Morgan, who is cover for Gbamin then Delph can cover him maybe or do we get someone else in? 

Ratic is a great player and would give us more quality going forward, but where would he fit in, do we drop Siggy?

I don't know mate I just get a bit nervous when we get linked with players at the end of their career, especially when we are signing so many players. Too much change. Maybe its a flashback to Walsh and Koeman😱

Delph better only be a bench player. He may have titles next to his name but has done nothing to earn them. His “experience” vs Rakitic? No brainer for me, unless it’s about physio procedures  

Hes just too good to not take a chance on. I like Siggy and think he’s very good for the team, but if Rakitic comes in, he either gets better or is replaced by better. 

Agree with you on all the change though. It’s making me nervous again.

I don’t think this will happen but I do feel that with the young players we are signing having someone who was one of the best players in Europe will benefit them. He’s also still quality and would improve our squad. It just comes down to cost v reward. 

4 minutes ago, barryj said:

I don’t think this will happen but I do feel that with the young players we are signing having someone who was one of the best players in Europe will benefit them. He’s also still quality and would improve our squad. It just comes down to cost v reward. 

This is another reason I’d be really excited to have him. Someone somewhere (might’ve been Pete but genuinely can’t remember) kindly listed the ages of the potential first 11, nearly all under 26. Youth is great but needs experience to guide it. He’d be perfect for that alone.