• Jack Rodwell
    • Leon Osman
    • Jose Baxter
    • Adam Forshaw
    • Kieren Agard
    • Ayegbeni Yakubu
    • Hope Akpan

pollresizear5.jpg

Current Player of the Year standings....

Saha 106

Pienaar 102

Fellaini 99

Rodwell 94

Heitinga 78

Bilyaletdinov 76

Hibbert 70

Coleman 63

Howard 61

Distin 38

Baines 30

Osman 23

Yakubu 23

Cahill 23

Yobo 20

Neill 14

João Alves Jô 10

Gosling 6

Neville 2

Duffy 2

MOTM winners....

Chelsea (A)...Johnny Heitinga

Tottenham (H)...Seamus Coleman

AEK Athens (A)...Steven Pienaar

Liverpool (H)...Marouane Fellaini

Hull City (A)...Johnny Heitinga

Manchester United (A)...Johnny Heitinga

West Ham (A)...Johnny Heitinga

Benfica (H)...Marouane Fellaini

Aston Villa (H)...Diniyar Bilyaletdinov

Tottenham (A)...Tony Hibbert

Bolton (A)...Louis Saha

Benfica (A)...Sylvain Distin

Wolves (H)...Diniyar Bilyaletdinov

Stoke City (H)...Johnny Heitinga

BATE Borisov (A)...Tony Hibbert

Portsmouth (A)...Tim Howard

Hull City (A)...Leon Osman

Blackburn (H)...Louis Saha

AEK Athens (H)...Diniyar Bilyaletdinov

Fulham (A)...Sylvain Distin

Wigan...(H)...Jack Rodwell

Sigma Olomouc (A)...Steven Pienaar

Burnley...(A)...Tony Hibbert

Sigma Olomouc (H)...Jack Rodwell

Arsenal (H)...Steven Pienaar

Thought all the young boys did well tonight.

Duffy was excellent until the goal, and then was almost trying to hard to make up for it.

Coleman was spot on again.

For me it was between these 2 Agard and Akpan.

Think I'm going to go for........

Akpan. Great energy, always looking to get on the ball, and kept the momentum up whenever he did get it.

The future is looking fantastic with all the folk that played tonight. Our oldest outfield player was 26 (and probably won't be here too much longer if he doesn't oull his finger out of his arse soon).

I have given it to Baxter, amybe his game wasn't as steady as Coleman or Duffy, however highly impressed with his technique and composure - seems to have a bit of scholes about him, I get the feeling that something will click with him soon and you will see him edge into an attacking midfielder role, good quick feet, nice touch and will take ownership. Overall you have got to be pleased with how the lads looked, a credit to the academy to be honest. Coleman and Duffy look pipelined to replace Hibbert and Yobo. Good signs, pretty pleased.

I agree with most people on here, with Coleman and Duffy being our best players. I was very impressed with both. Coleman looks and plays like a seasoned professional to me and I think he has more nous and composure on the ball than Hibbert by a mile. Duffy made the odd mistake, but I think that will improve significantly with experience. He reminds me a bit of Vidic, hes big, strong, and great in the air and will pose a threat in both boxes.

Baxter and Forshaw also looked good to me. They didnt get any proper possession because of the lack of quality of the two boys up top but when they did get the ball they looked to get it down, move and pass. Baxter also put in some decent set pieces although I get the feeling after a couple of dodgy clearances that he hasnt got a left foot!

Bidwell looked a bit scared and slightly over-awed by it tbh, but I dont really blame him. He did as good as was expected.

Not sure what to make of Akpan. He wanted to get on the ball, showed good energy but he gave away to many freekicks and misplaced to many passes. Id be suprised if we see too much more of him.

Osman and Hibbert did well with the youngsters, and Mustafi and Craig did well off the bench.

The worst performers by far were Agard and Yakubu. Agard who isnt all that young anymore, doesnt have great control and he cant really dribble. Good quick players can run fast and have the control and dribbling skills to match. Having said that he worked his arse off and for that he cant be faulted. On the other hand Yakubu was just terrible. If Moyes gets a good price it wouldnt suprise me if he left. What annoys me most is that he gives that token gesture of a jog, which doesnt pressure defenders but Im pretty sure he thinks that its work rate. I dont expect him to chase everything but when the ball is near him I expect his to try and win it, instead of letting it roll past him and jog after it.

Overall it was a good effort by the young lads out there and my hat goes off to Coleman and Duffy who I hope have a bright future at Everton!

I agree with most people on here, with Coleman and Duffy being our best players. I was very impressed with both. Coleman looks and plays like a seasoned professional to me and I think he has more nous and composure on the ball than Hibbert by a mile. Duffy made the odd mistake, but I think that will improve significantly with experience. He reminds me a bit of Vidic, hes big, strong, and great in the air and will pose a threat in both boxes.

Baxter and Forshaw also looked good to me. They didnt get any proper possession because of the lack of quality of the two boys up top but when they did get the ball they looked to get it down, move and pass. Baxter also put in some decent set pieces although I get the feeling after a couple of dodgy clearances that he hasnt got a left foot!

Bidwell looked a bit scared and slightly over-awed by it tbh, but I dont really blame him. He did as good as was expected.

Not sure what to make of Akpan. He wanted to get on the ball, showed good energy but he gave away to many freekicks and misplaced to many passes. Id be suprised if we see too much more of him.

Osman and Hibbert did well with the youngsters, and Mustafi and Craig did well off the bench.

The worst performers by far were Agard and Yakubu. Agard who isnt all that young anymore, doesnt have great control and he cant really dribble. Good quick players can run fast and have the control and dribbling skills to match. Having said that he worked his arse off and for that he cant be faulted. On the other hand Yakubu was just terrible. If Moyes gets a good price it wouldnt suprise me if he left. What annoys me most is that he gives that token gesture of a jog, which doesnt pressure defenders but Im pretty sure he thinks that its work rate. I dont expect him to chase everything but when the ball is near him I expect his to try and win it, instead of letting it roll past him and jog after it.

Overall it was a good effort by the young lads out there and my hat goes off to Coleman and Duffy who I hope have a bright future at Everton!

I will agree with most of this Bailey, bar the Agard bit. He didnt get any support from Yak and wasn't 'fed' very well with most of the through balls that he chased being down the wings.

Yakubu, was a waste of space. He isnt arsed anymore, he really is a two season player, then just wants to move. good price...get rid! can be spent on people who want to work!

I will agree with most of this Bailey, bar the Agard bit. He didnt get any support from Yak and wasn't 'fed' very well with most of the through balls that he chased being down the wings.

Yakubu, was a waste of space. He isnt arsed anymore, he really is a two season player, then just wants to move. good price...get rid! can be spent on people who want to work!

I dont argue that Agard didnt work hard and that he certainly got no help from Yakubu but small quick players need to have that little bit extra of something to make a mark in the big leagues and I didnt see any of that last night. Maybe it was because he didnt get a chance due to Yakubu and service in general, but when he had the ball he invariably lost it. I would love him to prove me wrong but I just dont see it unfortunately and while he did some good in the game he also did his fair share of bad.

I dont argue that Agard didnt work hard and that he certainly got no help from Yakubu but small quick players need to have that little bit extra of something to make a mark in the big leagues and I didnt see any of that last night. Maybe it was because he didnt get a chance due to Yakubu and service in general, but when he had the ball he invariably lost it. I would love him to prove me wrong but I just dont see it unfortunately and while he did some good in the game he also did his fair share of bad.

To be fair, he skinned the full backs a few times and then got put on his arse. Everytime he did manage to escape without being belted, Yakubu was stood 30-40 yds away keeping his thumb warm in his arse!

Thought it was quite a positive performance from him myself.

I am still reserved on Yakubu, it was a game we didn't need to win, full of youth and regardless of what we all want from him he is recovering from a loooong serious injury. With a fuller squad he would not have played as many games recently.

Duffy does look good but he needs a bit of consistency, occasionally he was rash but that will come with experience...but boy can he read the game well. Coleman looked good, the crowd seems to get excited when he runs forward with the ball.

Thought forshaw looked quite skillful, look forward to seeing more of him.

Can't decide on Akpan after that game, I thought on the ball he was quite poor.

Anyway, bidwell is a little hardnut at leftback let's hope he gets better and better.

To be fair, he skinned the full backs a few times and then got put on his arse. Everytime he did manage to escape without being belted, Yakubu was stood 30-40 yds away keeping his thumb warm in his arse!

Thought it was quite a positive performance from him myself.

I admit I may be being a bit harsh on the fella given the support he received during the match but you tend to find a lot of young players who have pace but never really develop much more than that. Had he scored that late chance then maybe I would be saying something else. I certainly wont write him off but I dont think we will see much more of him. Had Vic or JV been fit he wouldnt be getting anywhere near the 1st team right now.