IGNORED

Arteta

cols

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Arsenal worry me least. They simply can't afford to buy Arteta. If this were shity or chel$ki coming in I'd be much more worried.

They can if they sell cesc first, that's the whole point of the link to arteta, as a replacement, so whatever fabregas goes for arteta will be worth about 2/3rd's of that so arsenal could afford him.

Arteta is not a like for like replacement for Fabregas and Wenger of all people would understand that. Arteta plays a MUCH deeper game. He simply wouldn't give Wenger the goals from midfield that he'd need.

Wenger would be more likely to look at someone like Pjanic tbh.

That said it's not completely beyond the realms of possibility that he'd sign both Arteta and one of the many highly rated young midfielders about. But still very unlikely.

Im not that worried to be honest. Knowing professional players they tell me how agents & clubs use SSN for their advantage. For example if a player is not getting the deal he wants what better way to advertise him than make a call to SSN & let them know there is a problem in contract talks. Other clubs hear this then make enquiries about the player making his current club come up with something to avoid him going somewhere else.

Its all a game in a way.

Arsenal worry me least. They simply can't afford to buy Arteta. If this were shity or chel$ki coming in I'd be much more worried.

Arsenal can afford him, they are one of not many clubs who actually make money. They have had the money to spend on players for years, they just dont spend it. Besides, they would get a lot of money for Cesc, enought to buy Arteta.

Arsenal can afford him, they are one of not many clubs who actually make money. They have had the money to spend on players for years, they just dont spend it. Besides, they would get a lot of money for Cesc, enought to buy Arteta.

How much do you reckon we'd get for him? £15m?

That would go a long way towards buying Moutinho!

Mout or Defour would make good replacements but I'd rather keep Arteta, he runs games for us and either one of those two would take time to start doing that for us and I don't think we can afford to wait atm.

Would rather sell Pienaar and get either of those two in...imo... :mellow:

right, from this moment forth if anyone mentioned moutinho, may you die a painful death...that'll be all, if there's one thing that pisses me off...i'd shoot the little cunt myself

thank god im not the only one who gets seriously wound up when that name is mentioned. If Arteta does go (which im sure he wont, but hoping at the same time to be safe!) there are 2 aspects we need to replace; quality footballer and a team morale booster, which would take a huge blow at the loss....

no way i am counting on us keeping him...as said before they will want an instant replacement and on his day mikel can be as good as fabregas for me..and in a team that plays like arsenal he will fit in..perfect replacement and we all know how wenger likes him

no way Arsenal will stump up the money that Everton would demand (we are talking 25m+), its that simple.

There's no way Moyes would sanction any move for Mikky, no matter how much was thrown at it he'd dig his heels right in. (Clingon Forehead Lescott!)

If the deal was done without Mikky coming out & tellin us he wanted to go I'm sure Moyes would be following him.

http://www.liverpooldailypost.co.uk/everton-fc/everton-fc-news//tm_headline=everton-fc-latest-manchester-city-set-their-sights-on-mikel-arteta%26method=full%26objectid=26482085%26siteid=92534-name_page.html

It'd actually hurt if Arteta went there, whereas it just pissed me off with Lescott.

They play a clever game City don't they? Make themselves a better side while weakening their main competitors. Wankers.