Sign in to follow this  
cols

Arteta

It'd break my heart but if there was truth in this it'd be hard to stand in his way or blame him for wanting it (a la Gravesen to Real).

Hope it's not true though :( .

fabregas is looked at as the heir to xavi's midfield throne i guess and they'd like him there so they can mould him into the next xavi..as much as i love mikel he is never going to be xavi and is too old to be shaped up as a replacement for him so i just cannot see it happening at all

http://www.clubcall.com/everton/arteta-heading-out---reports-1082920.html

I'm sure he would jump at the chance to go to Barca, he'd be mad not to, but £12million? Moyes wouldn't let that happen in a million years.

Would Arteta even get a game at Barca though? He'd be jumping at the chance to sit on the bench and get 15 minutes at the end of every game.

http://www.clubcall.com/everton/arteta-heading-out---reports-1082920.html

I'm sure he would jump at the chance to go to Barca, he'd be mad not to, but £12million? Moyes wouldn't let that happen in a million years.

Would Arteta even get a game at Barca though? He'd be jumping at the chance to sit on the bench and get 15 minutes at the end of every game.

I agree that 15million is not enough! But it is barcelona, i dont think it owuld matter if it was 5mins a game. He is going back to spain with arguably the biggest and best team in europe. He would be turning out at the Camp Nou each week and playing with players like xavi,messi,puyol and villa. Also it would probably stand him in better stead to get into the spanish team, as the spanish managers seem to ignore the fact he has constantly been class at us. I wouldnt begrudge him a move to barca i just hope we get a little bit more for him... maybe 15 plus a player?

I agree that 15million is not enough! But it is barcelona, i dont think it owuld matter if it was 5mins a game. He is going back to spain with arguably the biggest and best team in europe. He would be turning out at the Camp Nou each week and playing with players like xavi,messi,puyol and villa. Also it would probably stand him in better stead to get into the spanish team, as the spanish managers seem to ignore the fact he has constantly been class at us. I wouldnt begrudge him a move to barca i just hope we get a little bit more for him... maybe 15 plus a player?

15 Million + Messi, deal B)

before yesterdays game, Kenwright and Arteta were talking for a while, away from the training sessions and must have shaken hands about 7 or 8 times, with a few arm wraps around the head thrown in. It would 'seem' an agreement or positive talk went on; whether it in involved his contract...i dont know!? interesting none the less :)

before yesterdays game, Kenwright and Arteta were talking for a while, away from the training sessions and must have shaken hands about 7 or 8 times, with a few arm wraps around the head thrown in. It would 'seem' an agreement or positive talk went on; whether it in involved his contract...i dont know!? interesting none the less :)

I hope you're right J, getting Arteta signed up to a new deal would be the best news of the summer.

Yeah I noticed that as well they definitely seemed very pally!

People on the BBC's 606 forum are saying that Arteta has signed a new deal. No confirmation yet may be pants, but the people posting seem legit. Please god be true!!

The rumour's spread like wildfire, it's everywhere now.

The rumour's spread like wildfire, it's everywhere now.

Problem is that it would spread at the same speed whether it was from a genuine source inside the club or started on a forum by someone like (plucking a name at random) milky :( .

I'll be watching the 'net all day in hope all the same :) .

FOLLOW FOLLOW FOLLOW, EVERTON IS THE TEAM TO FOLLOW!! THERE'S NOBODY BETTER THAN MIKEL ARTETA HE'S THE BEST LITTLE SPANIARD WE KNOOOOOOW

YEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSS!! Get in my son!!

"Something is happening here and I want to be a part of it."

Love it, everything falling into place to absolutely terrorise the 'big club' pretenders, can't wait for the season to start now

One source he said this morning that Arteta had signed has also said he has heard that Pienaar will sign. Make of it what you will. He's heard it from 2 so-called 'very good' sources.

Big smile on face here :D . In fact having read the following an unashamed tear in my eye :crying_anim:

"What this summer has made me realise is how important I am to the Club and how important the Club is to me. The Chairman and the manager wanted me to stay 120 per cent and that makes me feel proud. We are all seeing the Club and the future in the same way and that is special - something that you don't always find."

"I believe in this squad. We have got a very strong squad now and it is getting difficult to pick an 11 because of the players we have. Something is happening here and I want to be a part of it."

Ha ha here's me posting new topic, great news. To be greedy would like pienaar and Donovan adding then..... Quote me on this, top 4 is a real possibility. The reds must be gutted, haha!

Great news hopefully no more lenghty injuries as that would be expensive for us no mention of figures.I think this is actually bad news as far as pienarr is concerned surely arteta would be offered more and the club waited as long as possible to get pienarr to sign before arteta so he could not try and get the same amount im thinking arteta must be getting 65k a week and max we will give pienarr is 50k maybe 55k and prob not for 5 years .

i cried...and i'm not ashamed to admit it! the man is our team right now and by signing that contract he has all but said he wants to finish his best years here..i'm so happy! i'm not even bothered about anyone signing now...he has said how important he is to us and we are to him...you can't buy that love :D FOLLOW, FOLLOW, FOLLOW!!!!

So delighted that he's committed to us. His comments gave me goosebumps. So refreshing after all the press-reports and all the negative feeling that we as Everton fans always seem to now carry around with us that someone of his ability commits to us. Top bloke. Lets just hope Pienaar follows suit now.

i cried...and i'm not ashamed to admit it! the man is our team right now and by signing that contract he has all but said he wants to finish his best years here..i'm so happy! i'm not even bothered about anyone signing now...he has said how important he is to us and we are to him...you can't buy that love :D FOLLOW, FOLLOW, FOLLOW!!!!

I was at a festival in the middle of a field, pissed out of my tree after an all day binge and i just happened to go on my phone late on at the campsite...i cried too when i read it. What a guy! And like J said below, his comments made me feel amazing to be part of the blue family and actually really happy that DM is very fussy about his players because it pays dividens! Most managers buy based on ability but Moyes doesn't just buy a Tom, Dick or 'Arry; he buys good people and it winds me up when we don't get players we are linked with but then when they go onto other teams, they're a mess (Ala Barton, Cana to name a couple). I'm glad he works that way, now i couldn't give a rats arse if we buy one or two more people just 2 mins before the end of the window because i will know deep down that Moyes has probably been vetting them all summer to judge their character and he's looking at them for the long haul. :)

So delighted that he's committed to us. His comments gave me goosebumps. So refreshing after all the press-reports and all the negative feeling that we as Everton fans always seem to now carry around with us that someone of his ability commits to us. Top bloke. Lets just hope Pienaar follows suit now.

doesnt worry me too much although not sure what he was on before that? players like him are what can get us into the champions league and if we do then that money will come straight back..it's a risk but one we needed to take i guess to keep him and keep the club goin forward..i'd be worried if/when we do make it into champs league and get that money we start buying players who all want that amount