• FELLAINI
    • CAHILL
    • BILYALETDINOV - off 70 mins
    • PIENAAR
    • SAHA
    • YAKUBU - on 70 mins
    • VAUGHAN - on 90 mins

pollresizear5.jpg

Current Player of the Year standings....

Saha 106

Pienaar 102

Fellaini 99

Rodwell 94

Heitinga 78

Bilyaletdinov 76

Hibbert 70

Coleman 70

Howard 61

Distin 38

Baines 30

Osman 23

Yakubu 23

Cahill 23

Duffy 23

Yobo 20

Neill 14

João Alves Jô 10

Gosling 6

Nash 3

Baxter 3

Agard 2

Neville 2

Forshaw 1

Akpan 1

MOTM winners....

BATE Boresov (H)...Shane Duffy

Chelsea (A)...Johnny Heitinga

Tottenham (H)...Seamus Coleman

AEK Athens (A)...Steven Pienaar

Liverpool (H)...Marouane Fellaini

Hull City (A)...Johnny Heitinga

Manchester United (A)...Johnny Heitinga

West Ham (A)...Johnny Heitinga

Benfica (H)...Marouane Fellaini

Aston Villa (H)...Diniyar Bilyaletdinov

Tottenham (A)...Tony Hibbert

Bolton (A)...Louis Saha

Benfica (A)...Sylvain Distin

Wolves (H)...Diniyar Bilyaletdinov

Stoke City (H)...Johnny Heitinga

BATE Borisov (A)...Tony Hibbert

Portsmouth (A)...Tim Howard

Hull City (A)...Leon Osman

Blackburn (H)...Louis Saha

AEK Athens (H)...Diniyar Bilyaletdinov

Fulham (A)...Sylvain Distin

Wigan...(H)...Jack Rodwell

Sigma Olomouc (A)...Steven Pienaar

Burnley...(A)...Tony Hibbert

Sigma Olomouc (H)...Jack Rodwell

Arsenal (H)...Steven Pienaar

Baines for me, he was absolutely quality!

I think everyone played well today. The tactics were more or less spot on, we chased, we hassled, we passed and tackled well but we just couldnt get that second goal.

Saha's goal should have stood and we should have had a penalty for Carr's handball which no-one seemed to spot in real time.

Cahill and Billy were a bit too quiet for me but its not as if they had a bad game.

We play like that every week and we will win a lot of games and we will also score some good goals and play entertaining football!

Can't believe we didn't win that. We have played (and will play) worse and win this season!

Baines was awesome, although can't really pick a bad performance really.

On another note, nice to see Vaughan get 1 or 2 decent touches when he came on. I'm praying that the lad is finally over his injuty nightmares.

Bainesy had a great game. Was surprised by Yakubu, contributed well as a sub. Miles better performance from him than in the BATE game. At the other side, Bily went missing after his goal.

Frustrating game. I have absolutely no idea what to expect at Sunderland. Another draw may be a good result. And then must win against Burnley.

Can't believe we didn't win that. We have played (and will play) worse and win this season!

Baines was awesome, although can't really pick a bad performance really.

On another note, nice to see Vaughan get 1 or 2 decent touches when he came on. I'm praying that the lad is finally over his injuty nightmares.

Same :)

Fellaini, with Heitinga a very close second.

I didn't even contemplate giving it to Baines because he pised me off by constantly giving up the chance to put the cross in first time and fannied about with it, and then when he did cross it the ball wasn't very good all that often. At least he's getting into good positions though.

Fellaini, with Heitinga a very close second.

I didn't even contemplate giving it to Baines because he pised me off by constantly giving up the chance to put the cross in first time and fannied about with it, and then when he did cross it the ball wasn't very good all that often. At least he's getting into good positions though.

Lol You must be the only man on the planet who didnt think Baines was superb last night!

Having said that I went for Felli but there wasnt much to choose between the 2 of them

It just annoyed me that he got into some excellent positions and then fluffed them up.

I think a lot of the time he probably only had 1 or 2 men at most to aim for in the middle and their defenders were pretty massive and more or less dealt with everything aerially. A lot of the time I think he was waiting for more people to get in the box before crossing. Having said that I always think an early delivery is much more likely to catch defenders out and with the movement of Saha you would expect to eventually get on the end of something.

how on earth people thought baines was m.o.m just baffles me as i don't think he found an everton player once with his passing. ok his crossing was good and his defending good aswell but his passing was awful. it just shows t me how fickle everton fans are sometimes as when hibbert makes a poor pass u can hear the moans from the crowd however baines never got one moan yesterday! also why doesn't he pass to billy when he plays on the left with him?

for me anyway felliani was superb in the holding role i think he is really starting to come on in the past few games and hopefully becoming the player we bought him for. i can imagine him doing a good job in that role once we have arteta, pienaar, billy, and cahill all in midfield

how on earth people thought baines was m.o.m just baffles me as i don't think he found an everton player once with his passing. ok his crossing was good and his defending good aswell but his passing was awful. it just shows t me how fickle everton fans are sometimes as when hibbert makes a poor pass u can hear the moans from the crowd however baines never got one moan yesterday! also why doesn't he pass to billy when he plays on the left with him?

for me anyway felliani was superb in the holding role i think he is really starting to come on in the past few games and hopefully becoming the player we bought him for. i can imagine him doing a good job in that role once we have arteta, pienaar, billy, and cahill all in midfield

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/opinion

Thought that was going to a link to a definition of "fickle" because what jayc is describing is actually the opposite :) . If the crowd was fickle they'd boo every bad touch regardless of how good their perception of the player was.

Groaning at Hibbo but not at Baines when he does the same is being set in your ways/opinions, the exact opposite of fickle ;) .

It just annoyed me that he got into some excellent positions and then fluffed them up.

I have to agree with Romey on that score, which is why Fellaini got my vote. An all round improved performance, played a lot deeper at first and nullified Birminghams long balls by offering cover to the cemtre halfs. Improvement is welcomed and let's hope it continues.

Was going to go for Leighton but I thought that personally Bilyaletdinov pipped it for me. He might not have been in the game 100% physically I know but when he had the ball he was brilliant with it. His goal was bloody well taken and without that we'd have lost :)

Was going to go for Leighton but I thought that personally Bilyaletdinov pipped it for me. He might not have been in the game 100% physically I know but when he had the ball he was brilliant with it. His goal was bloody well taken and without that we'd have lost :)

Fair enough it was a well taken goal but did he even touch the ball after that?