• Leon Osman
    • Diniyar Bilyaletdinov
    • Tim Cahill
    • Steven Pienaar
    • Marouane Fellaini
    • Louis Saha
    • Ayegbeni Yakubu

pollresizear5.jpg

Current Player of the Year standings....

Fellaini 112

Saha 107

Pienaar 103

Rodwell 94

Heitinga 81

Bilyaletdinov 77

Hibbert 70

Coleman 70

Howard 61

Baines 49

Distin 38

Osman 24

Yakubu 23

Cahill 23

Duffy 23

Yobo 20

Neill 14

João Alves Jô 10

Gosling 6

Nash 3

Baxter 3

Agard 2

Neville 2

Forshaw 1

Akpan 1

MOTM winners....

Birmingham (A) Leighton Baines

BATE Boresov (H)...Shane Duffy

Chelsea (A)...Johnny Heitinga

Tottenham (H)...Seamus Coleman

AEK Athens (A)...Steven Pienaar

Liverpool (H)...Marouane Fellaini

Hull City (A)...Johnny Heitinga

Manchester United (A)...Johnny Heitinga

West Ham (A)...Johnny Heitinga

Benfica (H)...Marouane Fellaini

Aston Villa (H)...Diniyar Bilyaletdinov

Tottenham (A)...Tony Hibbert

Bolton (A)...Louis Saha

Benfica (A)...Sylvain Distin

Wolves (H)...Diniyar Bilyaletdinov

Stoke City (H)...Johnny Heitinga

BATE Borisov (A)...Tony Hibbert

Portsmouth (A)...Tim Howard

Hull City (A)...Leon Osman

Blackburn (H)...Louis Saha

AEK Athens (H)...Diniyar Bilyaletdinov

Fulham (A)...Sylvain Distin

Wigan...(H)...Jack Rodwell

Sigma Olomouc (A)...Steven Pienaar

Burnley...(A)...Tony Hibbert

Sigma Olomouc (H)...Jack Rodwell

Arsenal (H)...Steven Pienaar

Easy choice for me...

Heitinga and Neill played really well, and we may well have come across our best CB pairing by default.

Pienaar worked tirelessly again.

Bily, some decent touches but I think coming to the end of the Russian season is afecting his work rate maybe.

Saha had a frustrating time today, but could've still slotted.

MOM easy though was Felli. Always wanting the ball, driving us forward, breaking up their attacks, some delicious through balls, dominated Jones in the air, and then to cap it all off with the equaliser.

felli all day for me i had a chuckle on another site nsno someone says distan should be back next game and either felli or osman should be on the bench felli has been most consistant for weeks and osman is doing ok after a while out my concern is what cahill is not doing at the moment and although billys comments last week about how we play are a correct to a point he needs to get more involved with the game like others have said welcome back phil neville

we have missed his leadership as much as anything in my opinion when he returns you will se him tighten the ship a little with his captains talk and aggression

Yeh without doubt it had to be Fellaini. I thought there were parts of the first half where he was a little sloppy but as the game went on, he got better and better and by the end of it he was running the show. At one point he challenged a ball in their penalty area only for it to break straight up the other end of the pitch and he was one of the first ones back. I also thought Heitinga dominated the defence against 2 strikers that are bigger and at least as quick as him.

Neill and Baines did well. I dont know whether I like Neill at the back or not, I fear he may be a little small for a CB. Id prefer to see him on the right if we can get one of the other CB's fit and playing well.

Hibbert was half and half for me. 1st 45 he looked a bit nervous with a couple of appalling clearances and he very rarely ventured to far into the opposition half. As the 2nd half went on he attacked more and more and put some real quality balls into the box. He actually played like an attacking fullback with confidence and I just wish he would do that more often.

Osman and Pienaar did well again and when Billy got on the ball he looked good, but I just dont see enough of him. He likes to cut inside a lot from the right and I think maybe he should play a little wider and cut in later.

Cahill was completely anonymous. The only thing I remember him doing was getting booked. Maybe him and Saha dont work that well together, (or maybe that should be he does work well with Saha) as you would normally see Cahill flicking it on for the striker but ATM Saha is winning the headers and Cahill is playing off the last defender. Maybe its time for a 442 with Saha and JV? Saha will drop deep and Vaughan will run his arse off and win headers probably more than Cahill will. Give Tim a rest for a couple of weeks and see if it helps him.

Saha did well in terms of effort but he could probably have scored a hat trick today. Its a shame but Im sure/hope he will start banging them in again soon.

I also though Yakubu looked sharp and I hope it continues.

Edited by Bailey

Based on watching Arsenal today, Diaby.

He may have been awesome today but he is very inconsistent. Having said that he seems to be getting better and better and with a regular place in the team Im sure he will kick on. He certainly has bags of talent. The same can be said of Felli though really IMO.

It was a close one for me Neill and Heitanga looked a bit better And Pienaar was his usually busy self starting most of our attacks, but i gave it to Fellaini. :o

I dont go as far as Moyes and say he's one of the best midfielders in the country, but he had one of his best games for us so he got my Vote. I just wish he would do it more often. ;)

PS..... See what happens when i slag him off, he plays out of his skin, and everybody gives him a sympathy vote. :D

Fellaini was great, but sadly a number of players were very poor today. Thought Billy was next to useless as was Baines. His delivery has been very poor of late. Also thought Pienaar had a very poor game, way too many wayward passes from him. Really, though we dominated the midfield we really didn't create too many presentable chances, and were lucky in the end to earn the point. The last couple of draws were decent results, this one though we not what we needed. Got to have wins against this kind of opposition.