• Osman
    • Fellaini
    • Pienaar
    • Cahill
    • Yakubu
    • Neville
    • Vaughan

pollresizear5.jpg

Current Player of the Year standings....

Fellaini 146

Saha 107

Pienaar 106

Rodwell 94

Heitinga 81

Bilyaletdinov 77

Hibbert 70

Coleman 70

Howard 61

Baines 50

Distin 38

Osman 24

Yakubu 23

Cahill 23

Duffy 23

Yobo 20

Neill 14

João Alves Jô 10

Gosling 6

Nash 3

Baxter 3

Agard 2

Neville 2

Forshaw 1

Akpan 1

MOTM winners....

Sunderland (A) Marouane Fellaini

Birmingham (A) Leighton Baines

BATE Boresov (H)...Shane Duffy

Chelsea (A)...Johnny Heitinga

Tottenham (H)...Seamus Coleman

AEK Athens (A)...Steven Pienaar

Liverpool (H)...Marouane Fellaini

Hull City (A)...Johnny Heitinga

Manchester United (A)...Johnny Heitinga

West Ham (A)...Johnny Heitinga

Benfica (H)...Marouane Fellaini

Aston Villa (H)...Diniyar Bilyaletdinov

Tottenham (A)...Tony Hibbert

Bolton (A)...Louis Saha

Benfica (A)...Sylvain Distin

Wolves (H)...Diniyar Bilyaletdinov

Stoke City (H)...Johnny Heitinga

BATE Borisov (A)...Tony Hibbert

Portsmouth (A)...Tim Howard

Hull City (A)...Leon Osman

Blackburn (H)...Louis Saha

AEK Athens (H)...Diniyar Bilyaletdinov

Fulham (A)...Sylvain Distin

Wigan...(H)...Jack Rodwell

Sigma Olomouc (A)...Steven Pienaar

Burnley...(A)...Tony Hibbert

Sigma Olomouc (H)...Jack Rodwell

Arsenal (H)...Steven Pienaar

Pienaar by a mile. Our only effective, creative force going forward today...and that goal... B)

Felli did well second half, but didn't show up for the first 45.

Johnny was solid in the back, thank fuck for that, since...

Neill was just fair today. Didn't make any big mistakes, but still doesn't look terribly comfortable at CB.

Hibbo, finally looked comfy going forward, despite his miserable crossing.

Baines was shit going forward and his crosses and set pieces were absolutely shocking.

Bily and Cahill finally got involved but managed not to contribute a thing to the match.

Ossie was great in the first, but disappeared in the 2nd. Bummer too as he had some great vision and chances in the first 45.

Yakubu should have had that 1st goal. Did well, a few more games and he'll be back to himself. Some really neat touches today.

Howard kept us in it several times. Some great saves and a fantastic game except for the one slip up with the corner. (Forgiven)

Vaughn proved he's still got a shot to be big.

Heitinga was my MOTM today, apart from the their very first chance from Fletcher where he probably should have done a little bit more he didnt put a foot wrong in the whole game and the tackle on Nugent to just toe it Howard was world class. He really is going to be a great player for the club if he keeps playing like this.

Neill had another decent game although I still feel slightly nervy about him. He seems keen to drop off and sometimes thats good but it sometimes gives the oppo that little bit more space.

Hibbert and Baines did well but their delivery lacked again today. Baines did put in a couple of real quality crosses but it was far outweighed by the shite. The one corner Heitinga took was spot on and on another day Felli would have lashed it into the back of the net so I think he should get the nod.

Felli, Osman and Billy all worked really hard and all should have scored at some point. I think Billy's defensive work sometimes goes unnoticed at times and he should be commended for it as a new player in a much faster league than he is used to. Billy also looked very handy when he came more central and maybe with Cahill out and Neville working his way back he could be used here?

Pienaar worked his nuts off yet again today, and although not that much really came off for him until he lashed in the second, he was everywhere.

It looks like Cahills got a fairly bad injury which isnt good news but he hasnt really been contributing that much and today was no different. He was better but didnt really have an impact. When Neville came on for him he looked like he had never been away.

For the most part Yakubu did a decent job linking the play and creating chances but he should have scored. He started to fade in the second half but showed his quality for Pienaars goal. It was his most promising performance since his injury IMO.

I almost chose JV as MOTM just because I think he is an awesome player who just needs to get a break from injuries, and to come on and score what is a very important goal in the future of our season. He is still only 21 and with a good run of games I hope he will develop into the star a lot of people thought he would be. Plus he must have the most mental strength of all the players at Everton as Im sure most people would have given up after all the injuries he has been through!

Edited by Bailey

I gave it to Pienaar for his sheer work rate and goal today he put in a great shift today but was very close to giving it Heitinga he's solid strong and has great timing and also pings a good ball, The rest of the lads had a good game i was disappointed in Yak for the most part should have potted one or two today quite easily and Baines did the running etc but his delivery was shocking the only part of his game that let him down today

All in all a good game from the lads and nice to see JV get on the score sheet it will do wonder's for his confidence onwards and upwards as they say :)

Pienaar for me. As suggested Hetinga was also a candidate but we were playing BURNLEY and AT HOME so I refuse to give a MOTM to a defender. We made hard work of what should have been an easy win.

Nice pass by Yakubu for Pienaars goal but Yakubu frustrates me. How many times have you seen him pull a shot because he tries to hit it too hard (as in the first half). And he seems more interested in looking for free kicks that playing Football. He hasnt got the killer touch. That one that hit the post was verging on embarrassing, shouldve been in and wouldve been if he hadnt have missed kicked it. Saha is twice the player Yakubu will ever be (happy to be proved wrong). Thankfully Vaughan came on save the game (just lucky the goal wasnt ruled out for offside as YAKUBU was in front of the goalie in an off side pozzi, Hey, theyve been given before).

There, anti-Yakubu rant over.

little harsh on the yak man. sure he hasn't got the world class touch saha has, but remember back a year when he scored 21 for us. He did go down to easy a few times today, but he also had quite a few really neat touches. And honestly, to pick apart that shot is a little ridiculous...it was the one brilliant piece of service that yak had all day and he missed the volley by an inch.

little harsh on the yak man. sure he hasn't got the world class touch saha has, but remember back a year when he scored 21 for us. He did go down to easy a few times today, but he also had quite a few really neat touches. And honestly, to pick apart that shot is a little ridiculous...it was the one brilliant piece of service that yak had all day and he missed the volley by an inch.

Fair enough, he just frustrates me. I do hope he gets back to his scoring ways to make me eat my words but I cant see it happening TBH.

Hopefully the African cup of nations, if Yak's going, can help with form.

I thought peanuts was MOTM for work rate, creating chances etc, was frustrated by a few of his choices to shoot instead of pass/hold up, but overall he was the driving force today.

Bily and Hibbo did indeed link up well at times, this is excellent to see. I thought some of bily's thru balls and passes were brilliant today, though he's still tiring early, the tracking back tackle mid-game was nice to see. I believe he will be excellent for us.

Heitinga for me, very solid at the back, hopefully when Jags comes back him and Johnny will be our centre back partnership B)

I've got to say though, I was never more frustrated today over a game of football. I hope they drill finishing this week ridiculously because with all those chances we should have scored at least a few more.

Pienaar for me. As suggested Hetinga was also a candidate but we were playing BURNLEY and AT HOME so I refuse to give a MOTM to a defender. We made hard work of what should have been an easy win.

Nice pass by Yakubu for Pienaars goal but Yakubu frustrates me. How many times have you seen him pull a shot because he tries to hit it too hard (as in the first half). And he seems more interested in looking for free kicks that playing Football. He hasnt got the killer touch. That one that hit the post was verging on embarrassing, shouldve been in and wouldve been if he hadnt have missed kicked it. Saha is twice the player Yakubu will ever be (happy to be proved wrong). Thankfully Vaughan came on save the game (just lucky the goal wasnt ruled out for offside as YAKUBU was in front of the goalie in an off side pozzi, Hey, theyve been given before).

There, anti-Yakubu rant over.

Dont listen to Owen Coyle the referee got it right as Yakubu was clearly played onside by Tyrone Mears

Dont listen to Owen Coyle the referee got it right as Yakubu was clearly played onside by Tyrone Mears

More than a bit fortunate that one of his bootlaces was in line with Yakubu. :)

Is the defender passive in the 1st/2nd stage like the attackers are ??.

I wouldnt have complained if it had been given offside because Yak was deffo rubbing shoulders with the goalie on the goal line, while the defender in question was 20 yards away out towards the wing. ;)

heit or felli and i went with felli...pienaar votes stun me, he was poor...again, i thought. he scored a good goal but in the first half he was absolutely awful he spooned a great chance to put a ball in over the bar, never managed to play the final ball, has a couple of horrific shots. he's overrated. last year he had a good season fair enough but look at his goals return even over 2 seasons and the amount of assists he's managed this year or since arteta was out. although that's not all he's around for as our 'creative' spark his job is to make things happen and he's been incapable...yesterday was the first time he's contributed either a goal or assist since the opening day of the season and yet people are still bummin him and desperate to tie him down and stuff...he's not earned a new deal at this point in my book.

bear in mind that i actually like pienaar and think he is one of our better players. i think the lad has plenty of quality but he's been worthy of some of the praise he's been getting imo.

More than a bit fortunate that one of his bootlaces was in line with Yakubu. :)

Is the defender passive in the 1st/2nd stage like the attackers are ??.

I wouldnt have complained if it had been given offside because Yak was deffo rubbing shoulders with the goalie on the goal line, while the defender in question was 20 yards away out towards the wing. ;)

Not really, his boot lace was attached to his boot which was in turn on his foot which incidentally was attached to his leg and as that is a part of his body that means he played the Yak on side!

There is no such thing as a defender being active or passive and so it makes no difference how far or close he was to Yak

It wasnt even a close call he clearly played him onside so I would have been outraged if we had another perfectly good goal chalked off

Bily and Hibbo did indeed link up well at times, this is excellent to see. I thought some of bily's thru balls and passes were brilliant today, though he's still tiring early, the tracking back tackle mid-game was nice to see. I believe he will be excellent for us.

his season started last winter, probably needs a break. next year will be better i hope.

Not really, his boot lace was attached to his boot which was in turn on his foot which incidentally was attached to his leg and as that is a part of his body that means he played the Yak on side!

There is no such thing as a defender being active or passive and so it makes no difference how far or close he was to Yak

It wasnt even a close call he clearly played him onside so I would have been outraged if we had another perfectly good goal chalked off

Tongue in cheek mate, hence smiley faces. :rolleyes:

heit or felli and i went with felli...pienaar votes stun me, he was poor...again, i thought. he scored a good goal but in the first half he was absolutely awful he spooned a great chance to put a ball in over the bar, never managed to play the final ball, has a couple of horrific shots. he's overrated. last year he had a good season fair enough but look at his goals return even over 2 seasons and the amount of assists he's managed this year or since arteta was out. although that's not all he's around for as our 'creative' spark his job is to make things happen and he's been incapable...yesterday was the first time he's contributed either a goal or assist since the opening day of the season and yet people are still bummin him and desperate to tie him down and stuff...he's not earned a new deal at this point in my book.

bear in mind that i actually like pienaar and think he is one of our better players. i think the lad has plenty of quality but he's been worthy of some of the praise he's been getting imo.

Get real Piennar has finished the season with the most amount of assists for the past 2 seasons for a reason

He is by far our most creative player, it is no coincidence that Evertons return to form over the past 5 games has coincided with Peanuts' return

Even if he doesnt always get accredited with the actual final ball you can virtually guarantee he will have been heavily involved in the move at some point

Without Piennar our side seems to lose the ability to pass the ball and revert to launching big balls over the top

Add to that the amount of grass he covers each game and you will soon discover that he is our most effective and probably our hardest working player

If you think he is over rated then god only knows what you think about the rest of our side

In short wake up and smell the coffee! :P

Get real Piennar has finished the season with the most amount of assists for the past 2 seasons for a reason

He is by far our most creative player, it is no coincidence that Evertons return to form over the past 5 games has coincided with Peanuts' return

Even if he doesnt always get accredited with the actual final ball you can virtually guarantee he will have been heavily involved in the move at some point

Without Piennar our side seems to lose the ability to pass the ball and revert to launching big balls over the top

Add to that the amount of grass he covers each game and you will soon discover that he is our most effective and probably our hardest working player

If you think he is over rated then god only knows what you think about the rest of our side

In short wake up and smell the coffee! :P

smelt it and pienaars still not as good as people say he is. if were considering running around to be effective lets bring back aj.

you can look at past seasons all you want, and arteta actually had more assists the season before last, so in fact its only one season.

this is hardly what i call form and personally, although i stil ldont rate him that highly, i think fellaini is the real reason we've played 'better'... not pienaar.

as for what i think of the rest of the side, not much...not much at all this season. as i said i think pienaars one of our better players but he doesnt deserve the praise he's been getting this year, especially yesterday. his impact is barely anything by comparison to what arteta adds to the side when he's fit.

to me bily needs time to adjust to england but he's shown glimses of quality at least. even in playing relatively poorly though, he's still offering more in and around the box than pienaar has/does.

smelt it and pienaars still not as good as people say he is. if were considering running around to be effective lets bring back aj.

you can look at past seasons all you want, and arteta actually had more assists the season before last, so in fact its only one season.

this is hardly what i call form and personally, although i stil ldont rate him that highly, i think fellaini is the real reason we've played 'better'... not pienaar.

as for what i think of the rest of the side, not much...not much at all this season. as i said i think pienaars one of our better players but he doesnt deserve the praise he's been getting this year, especially yesterday. his impact is barely anything by comparison to what arteta adds to the side when he's fit.

to me bily needs time to adjust to england but he's shown glimses of quality at least. even in playing relatively poorly though, he's still offering more in and around the box than pienaar has/does.

No he never Arteta had 7 assists to Piennars 9

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/team/squad?teamId=368&season=2007&cat=starts&cc=5739&leagueId=0

Anyway as I said in my last post I dont read too much into the stats because even if Piennar doesnt play the final ball he is invariably involved heavily somwhere in the move anyway

I am not having a pop but do you ever go to the game?

Thats not having a go I just find it hard to beleive that anybody can watch Everton and not appreciate what Piennar brings to the side

If you seriously think all he does is " just run around" then you really havent got a clue about football

Piennar has performed consistently well for 3 seasons Felli has done it for 3 or 4 games