29 members have voted

1. 1. Where will we finish?

• 1-4
    • 5-7
    • 8-10
    • 11-15
    • 16-17
    • Relegation

I included the CL places, but really we haven't got a shot in hell this year, unless we win out. :P

Realistically I think we'll grab a finish in the top half, but the league won't be our way to Europa next year; we'll need a good run in the FA Cup or a trophy in Europa. Looking through the final tables this decade it look like we'll need to finish with at least 50 points to stay in the top half. This shouldn't be too difficult, since we've traditionally been better in the second half of the season and may have a few boys coming in January as well as Jags returning (I'm not optimistic about Mikky). I'm really hopeful of a 7th place finish, but I really think 8th is where we'll finish.

I included the CL places, but really we haven't got a shot in hell this year, unless we win out. :P

Realistically I think we'll grab a finish in the top half, but the league won't be our way to Europa next year; we'll need a good run in the FA Cup or a trophy in Europa. Looking through the final tables this decade it look like we'll need to finish with at least 50 points to stay in the top half. This shouldn't be too difficult, since we've traditionally been better in the second half of the season and may have a few boys coming in January as well as Jags returning (I'm not optimistic about Mikky). I'm really hopeful of a 7th place finish, but I really think 8th is where we'll finish.

I pretty much agree with every word there bluenose.

Of the ten sides above us I can't see us finishing below Sunderland, Fulham or Birmingham (their bubble has to burst soon, would have done at Goodison if the officials were awake <_< ).

That puts us 8th at worst but any higher will need a very strong run....or a very poor one from one or both Liverpool & Villa. Chances of taking anyone else are remote for me. So....

Probably 8th, possibly 7th but it's a long shot.

I still think we could creep into the top 7 the league is wide open and with a decent run and a few our way it's possible :unsure: As long as we finish within the top 10 and have a decent enough run in the Europa and the FA cup i will be happy considering how shite we where at the start and the bad luck we have had with injury's.

League finish - 7th/8th

FA cup - Semi's

Europa - Final :axehead:

Edited by EFC-Paul

I think come the end of the season it will be between us, Villa, City, Fulham, Liverpool for 4th to 8th and we have already given the others a large head start so I would say 8th. Having said that it only takes a couple of bad injuries and the likes of Fulham or Villa will really struggle. If they had anything like the injuries we have had they would be absolutely nowhere. I think Villa will finish 4th purely because they dont have the Europa League to contend with and I think they are much more organised than any of the other teams.

Speaking of Villa, I lived in Birmingham for a while so I have quite a lot of Villa fan friends and I honestly cant believe how fickle they are. Despite how they are performing in the league, after the 2 losses there is more than the fair share of 'O'Neill out' rebels. Shocking if you ask me...

Edited by Bailey

you think Fulham an Villa are going to outlast this year's edition of Tottenham? That's bold. I'd think the battle for for 4th is between City, Liverpool and Tottenham with Chelsea, Arsenal and Manure the top three (in order). After that I'd say it is between us, Fulham and Villa for 7th. With Villa maybe holding on to their start for 6th (pushing one of RS, Citeh or Spurs to 7th.)

I'd bet on.

Chelski

Arse

Manure

Spuds

Citeh

RS

Us

Villa

Fulham

Birmingham

Sunderland

Relegation:

Pompey, Bolton, Hull

you think Fulham an Villa are going to outlast this year's edition of Tottenham? That's bold. I'd think the battle for for 4th is between City, Liverpool and Tottenham with Chelsea, Arsenal and Manure the top three (in order). After that I'd say it is between us, Fulham and Villa for 7th. With Villa maybe holding on to their start for 6th (pushing one of RS, Citeh or Spurs to 7th.)

Ah bollocks Id completely forgot about Spurs! I imagine it will be between them and Villa for 4th so that would make us probably 9th.

I THINK WE HAVE ACTUALLY TURNED A CORNER AFTER THE LAST RESULT. OUR FOOTBALL IS LOOKING BETTER BUT WE ARE STILL STRUGGLING INFRONT OF GOAL. I THINK WE CAN PUSH UP THE TABLE NOW AND START WINNING GAMES. THE RETURN OF NEVILLE, RODWELL AND JAGS WILL BE A HUGE BOOST. I AGREE THAT I AM DOUBTFUL OF MIKELS RETURN BEFORE THE END OF THE SEASON.

I WILL PUT MY BET ON;

MANC

CHELSKI

ARSENAL

SHITE

CITEH

VILLA

US

SPURS

FULHAM

I THINK IF WE STAY INJURY FREE FOR THE REST OF THE SEASON, NEW LOANS SIGNINGS AND PLAYER RETURNS WE CAN REALLY PUSH ON UP THE LEAGUE AND RECAPTURE THE FORM OF LAST YEAR. I THINK FULHAM WILL RUN OUT OF STEAM THEIR SQUAD AINT BIG ENOUGH AND SPURS ALWAYS FOOK UP SOMEWHERE, VILLA LOOK BETTER PLACED TO HAVE A DECENT RUN THIS YEAR AND MANCINI IMO WILL COME GOOD FOR CITEH.THE SHITE WILL START TO GET THEIR JAMMINESS BACK AS PROVED WITH VILLA AND SLOWLY MOVE UP. OUR SQUAD IS MUCH BETTER THAN LAST YEAR WE JUST NEED OUR PLAYERS BACK AND FELLI TO KEEP UP HIS GOOD FORM AND CAHILL TO PULL HIS FINGER OUT AND START BANGING THEM IN!

Edited by Bill to resize and tone it down a bit.

After the aweful start we have had and all the injuries we've had where would you be happy for us to finish in the division at the end fo the season.

Personally Id like us to get a Europa Cup spot. I know its a long way off now but if we get a good run together a bit like Spuds did end of last season you never know???