IGNORED

Who Is Your Top 5 Favourite Players Of All Time?

Who is your top five everton players of all time and why? They don't have to be the greatest player but there was something that you loved about them. Mine are as follows:

Neville Southall: Just made the game look so easy. If he wasn't chesting the ball instead of catching it because he was offended when somebody made a crap effort he would stand rooted and not even bother to dive if he knew he was beaten. He was that good he wouldn't waste the effort in diving. Never seen a goalie better than him. Ever.

Duncan Ferguson: True legend. Loved the way he was so committed and very underated as a footballer. If he wasn't so injury prone he could have done so much more. Also i still laugh when i think of him stangling Stefan Fruend.

Richard Gough: Only at the club for a couple of seasons but everytime he played and everything he did was top class. Proper professional.

Steven Pioneer: I love Peanuts. Totally top drawer player. We look a different team when he is playing to when he is not. Just as influencial as Mikel in my opinion and is workrate is amazing.

Wayne Rooney: I know, I know. I loved watching him in a blue shirt he was our one true world class talent and it still kills me that he went.

Who is your top five everton players of all time and why? They don't have to be the greatest player but there was something that you loved about them. Mine are as follows:

Neville Southall: Just made the game look so easy. If he wasn't chesting the ball instead of catching it because he was offended when somebody made a crap effort he would stand rooted and not even bother to dive if he knew he was beaten. He was that good he wouldn't waste the effort in diving. Never seen a goalie better than him. Ever.

Duncan Ferguson: True legend. Loved the way he was so committed and very underated as a footballer. If he wasn't so injury prone he could have done so much more. Also i still laugh when i think of him stangling Stefan Fruend.

Richard Gough: Only at the club for a couple of seasons but everytime he played and everything he did was top class. Proper professional.

Steven Pioneer: I love Peanuts. Totally top drawer player. We look a different team when he is playing to when he is not. Just as influencial as Mikel in my opinion and is workrate is amazing.

Wayne Rooney: I know, I know. I loved watching him in a blue shirt he was our one true world class talent and it still kills me that he went.

I Love Pienarr to bits, but i wouldn't say he was up their in the all time greats. But everyone has their own opinion :D

lol cant beleive you never went for Tricky Trev given your username!

Mine would be

1. Tricky Trev Absolute class, his first touch was second to none and he had

everything in his locker

2. Duncan Mckenzie because he was magic!

3. Mikel Arteta Best player to pull on an Everton shirt since Trevor Steven

4. Kevin Sheedy Especially when he put 2 fingers up to the Gobshites on the Kop

5. Big Nev Best Everton keeper of all time

lol can I have a sixth and seventh so I can fit Peter Ried and Andy Gray in!

lol cant beleive you never went for Tricky Trev given your username!

Totally agree, you gotta have your username in :lol:

Mine are also from that era;

1. Sheeds (surprised?)total class, the two fingers at the kop were merely a bonus.

2. Nev, inspired me to become a goalkeeper (though not a very good one)

3. Reid, was the catalyst that brought that 1984 team together.

4. Van den Hauwe, not the most gifted but fully committed and a legend in his time.

5. Michael Thomas, for that goal :D

1. Joe Parkinson - what could he have gone on to become? 95/96 season he looked as good as Roy Keane - I would cheer any player who showed half his desire in a blue shirt.

2. Duncan Ferguson - folk hero in a dark period of our history - provided me with some of my favourite goodison memories through my teenage years.

3. Stuart McCall - my first ever favourite player - don't really remember watching him for us but still a favourite.

4. Andrei Kanchelskis - not many have got me as excited as when watching him (in his 1st season anyway).

5. Peter Beagrie - I'm not sure if it was the flips but he was one of my early EFC heroes.

Rooney and Jeffers would be at the top of that list if they had stuck around a bit longer but nevermind!

Alan Ball: First love is always the most memorable. Cried like a baby when he went to Arsenal....though in my defence I was only ten. My bedroom wall was covered with posters of him which I tore down and ripped to shreds with tears streaming down my face :) .

Bob Latchford: Best in the biz during a not great period....and the coolest dude on the planet (to me).

Peter Reid: Epitomised the spirit of the greatest team in our history. Loved the man. Still do.

Trevor Steven: Just beautiful to watch......ripped many a defence to pieces and scored some of the best goals I've ever seen.....just edges Sheeds.

Last one is the most difficult because I want someone from the modern (Moyes) era....could have been one of many for various reasons (eg Rhino, Arteta, Ossie, TC) but I'm going for...

Alan Stubbs: Taking a pay cut to sign....being born Blue and staying true to it. Legend.....maybe a future manager.

Its hard to narrow it down to 5 but I'll give it a go.

BOB LATCHFORD coz he walked on water.

ANDY KING coz andy was king.

DUNCAN MCKENZIE coz (as said previously) he was magic.

TREVOR STEVEN coz he was tricky.

this last one is out of SOUTHALL, SHARP, ANDY GRAY, RATCLIFFE, DAVE THOMAS and a host of others.

Think I'll go with SOUTHALL although ANDY GRAY comes close.

The likes of Kendall, Ball, Harvey was just before my time.

Edited by Maghull70

Top 5 for me has to be:

Big Nev - best keeper ever imo and also a legendary cult figure

Arteta - genius

Trevor Steven - one of my earliest favourite players, a truly brilliant winger

John Ebbrell - totally underrated player, much better than the totally overated Joe Parkinson imo, Ebbrell was my footballing hero when I was in school

Amokachi - I don't think any other Everton player has made me smile as much as Amo, he wasn't obviously that great a player but I loved him.

close mentions for Dave Watson, Peter Reid, Yobo, Lineker and Sharp.

Jesus :o, Linderoth or Pembridge wouldnt get in my top 1.000 of all time. :blink:

"They don't have to be the greatest player but there was something that you loved about them."

Pete is Swedish isn't he? That would explain the Linderoth call.

John Ebbrell - totally underrated player, much better than the totally overated Joe Parkinson imo, Ebbrell was my footballing hero when I was in school

Good call. I was a big Ebbrell fan :) .

i'll just go off who i've seen and who i like

1. Big Nev

2. Kanchelskis

3. Kevin Campbell

4. Dave Watson

5. Mikel Arteta

Was tough inconsideration but narrowly missed out on selection...dacourt, stubbs, carsley, barry horne, unsworth, michael ball, cahill, marcus bent, gough, weir.

Edited by CraccerC

must say dont post very often but could not resist this one its very hard to pick 5 but heres mine

1 sheedy never seen a better left foot

2 big nev simply the best ive seen

3 andy gray just on the bayern munich semi braveset center forward ive seen

4 waynne rooney best player ive ever seen [just wish he gave us a couple of seasons before he went

5 peanuts for me his work rate is fantastic showed this season we are crap without him

would also like to say these were very close too my five big dunc ,physco pat,reidy,&pat nevin