IGNORED

Fa Cup Draw

MikeO

Wary of Forest since the first game of the 77/78 season. They scraped promotion the previous year so opening with a game against them at Goodison seemed fairly straightforward. Lost 3-1 :( . Mind you they did go on to win the European Cup for next two years so they weren't too shabby in retrospect :) .

Anyway the memory has always stuck.....think I'd almost prefer Birmingham. Their bubble will have burst by then.

Wary of Forest since the first game of the 77/78 season. They scraped promotion the previous year so opening with a game against them at Goodison seemed fairly straightforward. Lost 3-1 :( . Mind you they did go on to win the European Cup for next two years so they weren't too shabby in retrospect :) .

Anyway the memory has always stuck.....think I'd almost prefer Birmingham. Their bubble will have burst by then.

Lol Im fairly sure none of the lads who played that day will be in the Forest squad anyway!

I remember that Forrest game!....it was the first day of a family holiday, mind you the last game of that season made up for it....Latchford 30 :)

Think your probably right MikeO....a deflated Birmingham ( if the bubble did burst ) would be our best path forward.I'm pretty sure that the present run Birmingham are on owes a lot to built up confidence.We outplayed them the other day, we can do it again.

W/e the outcome of the replay it's a better 4th round draw than away to the RS!

I'd hope we get Birmingham as we know a bit more what to expect from their play.

EDIT: and we haven't got to play Manure in the semi for sure!!!

Edited by bluenoseyankee

Yeah its a good draw, not a brilliant one. You mention the bubble might burst, but the way there playing i can see them carrying it on, they have a great mixture of old experienced heads and some really decent looking young lads, will be a hard game, especially if we drag it out like we did against carlisle, im still confident we will be entering the 5th round, regardless of it being forest or birmingham.

Yeah its a good draw, not a brilliant one. You mention the bubble might burst, but the way there playing i can see them carrying it on...

Before they went on this run they were beaten by Bolton & Burnley....during it they've beaten Sunderland, Fulham, Wolves, Wigan, West Ham, Blackburn and Stoke all by a single goal...no-one to write home about.

They'll hit the wall soon...probably in their next game, ManU next Saturday :) .