IGNORED

Shirt Numbers Thread..may Contain Some Aj Views..

Oh times have a changed.

My 1st player inspired kit was a late 70's Umbro job (diamond sleeves, though had like my idol the short sleeve job) with a "SELF" painted #No 9 ( the iron on numbers alwyas fell off back then) mixed with some creatively manufactured facial hair drawn on wif mam's eye liner pencil thingy.... :o   :o   :o

29794[/snapback]

:lol:

Exactly how old are you Pat? :blink:

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh times have a changed.

My 1st player inspired kit was a late 70's Umbro job (diamond sleeves, though had like my idol the short sleeve job) with a "SELF" painted #No 9 ( the iron on numbers alwyas fell off back then) mixed with some creatively manufactured facial hair drawn on wif mam's eye liner pencil thingy.... :o   :o   :o

29794[/snapback]

My first was 1970ish but you couldn't buy an "official" club shirt back then (certainly not in Guildford anyway :lol: ). The difficult bit was finding a blue shirt that had white collar but blue cuffs...most had white...had to be long sleeved. My mum sewed a number eight on the back :D . Heaven. I was a redhead (faded and balding now :( ) and fortunately didn't need facial hair to be Alan Ball!!

Edited by mikeo

My first was 1970ish but you couldn't buy an "official" club shirt back then (certainly not in Guildford anyway :lol: ). The difficult bit was finding a blue shirt that had white collar but blue cuffs...most had white...had to be long sleeved. My mum sewed a number eight on the back :D . Heaven. I was a redhead (faded and balding now :( ) and fortunately didn't need facial hair to be Alan Ball!!

29831[/snapback]

:lol:

good to know

29970[/snapback]

It seems a bit stupid to release the squad numbers after the shirts released, people like me like to get the name and number put on when they buy it (which in most cases is the day it comes out). Because of the wait i probably will not end up getting it done due to cantbeasseditis

It seems a bit stupid to release the squad numbers after the shirts released, people like me like to get the name and number put on when they buy it (which in most cases is the day it comes out). Because of the wait i probably will not end up getting it done due to cantbeasseditis

29995[/snapback]

well there's no point bringing out squad numbers at the start of preseason as more players may come in. some may leave, the closer to the season starting is much better from their point of view.

and as ive already said mark, you can go back and have the numbers put on.

(I'm secretly hoping Tony Hibbert gets 2, so i can have him on my shirt!)

Pat - some of your stories are quite worrying! wearing Mummy's make up hey? :o

Mate had to get the Bob latchford Growth Goin...& at 9 that was all to tuff.

Yet if Bob had worn a Royal Blue Tutu, you no the rest.... :D:D:D

( Lets not forget Sony & Nintendo, internet, cable tv,VHS, DVD, FM, etc hadnt been invented, economic times were hard in them days, merchnadise was almost non existant & we had to live our dreams in the streets with what we could rustle up.

Was alwyas fine as Kenny Daglish & Crazy horse lived next to me & "BOB" used to kick tripe ouit of them daily...Ohh I (just) remember when I was young)