IGNORED

Marouane Fellaini

"Toffees boss David Moyes hailed Fellaini as one of the best midfielders in the Premier League after his performance at Arsenal in Saturday's 2-2 draw and the Belgian has certainly recaptured his best form at Goodison".

Moyes isnt daft he knows how to raise the fee. I can see our next £25m coming in to boost our transfer budget.

"Toffees boss David Moyes hailed Fellaini as one of the best midfielders in the Premier League after his performance at Arsenal in Saturday's 2-2 draw and the Belgian has certainly recaptured his best form at Goodison".

Moyes isnt daft he knows how to raise the fee. I can see our next £25m coming in to boost our transfer budget.

Agree... as much as I would hate to see him leave, as he has now found some really good form, I think that Moyes is looking to boost his price. Would have to be in the region of £25m to make it worth while, considering we shelled £15m for him......

Would hate to see Felli go. He's our only real big player. He's really found his form and I hate seeing Everton continue to be a selling club...it's shit.

Well he's taller than all the others, but thats as far as it goes.

I'm not getting too excited about Fellaini, he has been here 15 /16 months and played half a dozen good games, when he can grab a game by the neck and impose himself on games week after week then i might consider him a "Big Player". Until then he's just another member of our squad, good maybe but nothing special. ;)

Hopefully its just bullshit!

Plus in his 'best' position they have Essien and Mikel who arent exactly crap! Plus Ancelotti has repeatedly said they wont be bringing anybody in.

I disagree, personally I think Mikel is crap and whilst Essien is good he's a little overrated. I think that Ancelotti has already stated in the press that he isn't happy with his defensive midfielder position and is looking to strengthen, that came out before the rumours regarding Fellaini. Fellaini is starting to play very well but if someone offered £25m or something then you could hardly turn it down.

I'd accept Essien in a part exchange deal if he's apparently not that great. 20 million plus Essien would be acceptable! :lol:

I'd say he's played very well for us over at least the last 8 or 9 games since playing and getting used to playing in that more defensive holding role.

The only concern if that is to be his position is what will happen when Rodders comes back.

While it's not an upsetting dilema it's a position where you expect the same player to play week in week out and it'll be interesting to see what Moyes does when he has a full quota of midfield so no need to play people out of position.

Fellaini

Piennar Arteta Rodwell Bilya ?

or would rodders and fellaini be the other way round, or not on together at all?

Fellaini/Rodwell

Piennar Arteta Bilya

Cahill

for 4-5-1 formation

I don't see where this is coming from, he's not the best midfielder in the country, it was his fault for Arsenal's 2nd goal, he jumped in an missed the tackle, leaving space behind him, which Arsenal exploited, Had he stayed put, they wouldn't of been able to pass in to the space he left. Fellini is to slow, i know he tall and this makes him look slow, but he just seems really really slow. Rodders is far far better in that postion.

I disagree, personally I think Mikel is crap and whilst Essien is good he's a little overrated. I think that Ancelotti has already stated in the press that he isn't happy with his defensive midfielder position and is looking to strengthen, that came out before the rumours regarding Fellaini. Fellaini is starting to play very well but if someone offered £25m or something then you could hardly turn it down.

Have you ever watched him play? Probably the best defensive midfielder in the world. Mikel is class too and still very young.

Have you ever watched him play? Probably the best defensive midfielder in the world. Mikel is class too and still very young.

I think he's a good all round midfielder and would love him in our team but I don't think that he's a great defensive midfielder, he doesn't have the discipline that Makelele or Hamann had and he's not a patch on Vieira in his prime imo. Everyone seems to rave about him even when he doesn't actually do an awful lot as far as I can see, I've never been blown away when watching him. The story in the Mail (I can't remember if it had quotes or not) was that Ancelotti doesn't think Essien or Mikel are right for the defensive midfielder position, which would suggest that it's not just me who has doubts about him in that position. The recent rumours regarding Fellaini and Rodwell could also point to that.

and I'm sorry, but Mikel is crap imo, all he does is foul and he has no particular talent on the ball. He'll be shipped out soon.

I think he's a good all round midfielder and would love him in our team but I don't think that he's a great defensive midfielder, he doesn't have the discipline that Makelele or Hamann had and he's not a patch on Vieira in his prime imo. Everyone seems to rave about him even when he doesn't actually do an awful lot as far as I can see, I've never been blown away when watching him. The story in the Mail (I can't remember if it had quotes or not) was that Ancelotti doesn't think Essien or Mikel are right for the defensive midfielder position, which would suggest that it's not just me who has doubts about him in that position. The recent rumours regarding Fellaini and Rodwell could also point to that.

and I'm sorry, but Mikel is crap imo, all he does is foul and he has no particular talent on the ball. He'll be shipped out soon.

IMO Essien is one of the best midfielders about and he could probably play in any midfield position and do a good job.

I kind of know what you are saying about Mikel. While I do think he is a decent player and certainly has the potential to get better he doesnt offer anything more than a decent holding midfielder. His passing isnt great, he isnt going to take on a player and hasnt got a shot so he may do his bit going backwards but he aint doing much going the other way.

... Fellaini, he has been here 15 /16 months and played half a dozen good games, when he can grab a game by the neck and impose himself on games week after week then i might consider him a "Big Player". Until then he's just another member of our squad ...

I agree with this assessment. He might be able to be a great player for Everton if he keeps improving, like Cahill has been in the past decade.

Fellaini isn't as good as the Ballacks of this world (yet?).

Would be a bad move for him to be a bench player for one of the "big four", when he has the chance to be an important player for a team that has a good chance to fight for European football year after year.

If he was having a good couple of games because he felt the pressure was off him a bit, his dad sure ruined that now.......

when i said big, i meant tall...large, imposing, sizeable. not near our best player. Peanuts, Jags, Howard, Cahill and Mikky are obviously bigger names. Seeing as how he has developed over the past season I am really excited to see what the future holds for Big Mo and I would like to see that future here. Don't want to see him go, because of what he could do, not necessarily because of what he has done. That is all.

Would hate to see him leave,matter what the price tbh

If we got around 25 million I wouldn't mind at all. Hes clumsy and awkward and is a fouling machine. For that money we could get a much better player. Cahill hasn't played anywhere near his best since Fellaini came and if his dad wants a bigger club piss him off to one.

If we got around 25 million I wouldn't mind at all. Hes clumsy and awkward and is a fouling machine. For that money we could get a much better player. Cahill hasn't played anywhere near his best since Fellaini came and if his dad wants a bigger club piss him off to one.

You're blaming Fellaini for Cahill's bad form? :blink: