IGNORED

Marouane Fellaini

Take away Cahills goals and you are left with a very average midfield player, his first touch ain't great and he gives the ball away far too frequently. Regardless he has been a great signing. Cahill plays best when Arteta plays, when was the last time cahill played great? Arteta's composure and ability on the ball allows Tim the freedom to bomb forward.

Fellaini has gone some way to proving me wrong, however if we are talking any where above £15m then we have got to look at that, he has played well recently and if he continues to improve then great. My primary concern is getting Pienaar signed up on a 4 year deal.

If someone wants to pay over the odds for Fellaini let them.

Cahill hasn't been in bad form for two years. I was just saying that since Fellaini has arrived, Cahill hasn't been able to play the way he was previously. (position and tactical wise)

What's your excuse for him playing badly while he has been playing in his role just behind the striker for the past few weeks then? He certainly hasn't looked any better up there, or looked threatening in the slightest.

Take away Cahills goals and you are left with a very average midfield player, his first touch ain't great and he gives the ball away far too frequently. Regardless he has been a great signing. Cahill plays best when Arteta plays, when was the last time cahill played great? Arteta's composure and ability on the ball allows Tim the freedom to bomb forward.

Fellaini has gone some way to proving me wrong, however if we are talking any where above £15m then we have got to look at that, he has played well recently and if he continues to improve then great. My primary concern is getting Pienaar signed up on a 4 year deal.

We payed around that fee for him in total i think or rising to that fee so what we make would go straight to Liege as we are paying in installments i think? If it was stupid money around 20/25 mil which wont happen i say it would be silly not to sell but anything under i wouldn't bother as he's a good player who would be hard to replace.

I think if we sold him for £25m we'd come to regret it.

He's split opinions since he got here but many (including me) have been impressed for a while. Now everyone (even Bill and EW :o ) is coming round. He's going to get better and better imho. Time will tell...but Davey won't sell :) .

I agree with the first bit. While Cahill is in the midfield of a 4-4-2 formation we will never find any balance because as soon as we get the ball he legs it straight up front leaving a massive gap. I think one of Cahill's problems at the moment is that he is getting forward to quickly meaning instead of being in between the midfield and defence he is fighting for balls against centre backs and if he does win the ball he doesnt have the time or space to do anything but give it away because he is not technically that good.

I certainly dont agree with the Fellaini comment! We signed him for 15mil and to sell him for a little bit above that considering his form and the fact that even though he was 'crap' last year he still scored a shit load of goals for a midfielder new to the league and put in a lot of decent performances. He also brings stature to our team as without him we are more or less a team of midgets and the physical teams would stroll all over us. No other player in our team would have won every defensive header against Jones (Sunderland) like he did.

From what I have seen over the past few games, he has all the characteristics to be a real quality holding midfielder in the EPL.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

It's all down to the fact we have fuck all money, so journalists see us as easy pickings for other clubs... and they're right.

£18million though? We paid £15million for him in the first place so we'd be looking for at least £25million.

Edited by Romey 1878

• 9 months later...

If you look at the so called bigger clubs he would walk into most of the teams there are they all especially Arsenal could do with someone like him, if Wengar decided to splash out they would have some midfield, the same could be said for Spuds and Utd.

So hopefully if he was to go all these clubs would be interested and let the war begin....

i'm not sure he would walk past fabregas, song, wilshere or ramsey...

i'm not sure he would walk past essien, lampard, ramires, mikel(maybe)...

i'm not sure he would walk past toure, silva, barry, milner, de jong...

i'm not sure he would walk past modric, huddlestone(maybe although he's a big fan fav), van der vaart, pienaar...

you get my point..the only midfield i think he would get in is man utd's cos he is better than gibson, anderson and carrick put together and that would be after he blew both legs off...scholes and giggs are ok now but can't last 90 minutes all the time

i'm not sure he would walk past fabregas, song, wilshere or ramsey...

i'm not sure he would walk past essien, lampard, ramires, mikel(maybe)...

i'm not sure he would walk past toure, silva, barry, milner, de jong...

i'm not sure he would walk past modric, huddlestone(maybe although he's a big fan fav), van der vaart, pienaar...

you get my point..the only midfield i think he would get in is man utd's cos he is better than gibson, anderson and carrick put together and that would be after he blew both legs off...scholes and giggs are ok now but can't last 90 minutes all the time

You are not comparing Apples with Apples there:

i'm not sure he would walk past fabregas, song, wilshere or ramsey... he would walk past Song IMO and the others are different type of players.

i'm not sure he would walk past essien, lampard, ramires, mikel(maybe)... essien and lampard agreed but the jury is still out on Ramires and IMO he is better than Mikel.

i'm not sure he would walk past toure, silva, barry, milner, de jong... Agreed as i said most

i'm not sure he would walk past modric, huddlestone(maybe although he's a big fan fav), van der vaart, pienaar... again different style players Felli offers something different to all these players.

Man Utd agreed and Liverpool are probably the same aswell...