IGNORED

Marouane Fellaini

"At present, Arsenal are refusing to meet Fellaini’s £100,000-per-week wage demands and are also reluctant to meet the £24m release clause."

OK, the above is from The Daily Mail today - but, in view of above posts about release clause expiring, Wenger may also be aware of that so what are the chances he thinks he can brow beat us to <£20m, which would give them 1 year's wages for Fellaini?

Something stinks and it's not me, for a change!

"At present, Arsenal are refusing to meet Fellainis £100,000-per-week wage demands and are also reluctant to meet the £24m release clause."

OK, the above is from The Daily Mail today - but, in view of above posts about release clause expiring, Wenger may also be aware of that so what are the chances he thinks he can brow beat us to <£20m, which would give them 1 year's wages for Fellaini?

Something stinks and it's not me, for a change!

Well, maybe its just me but how would Arsenal know his wage demands if they havent met his clause?! If his 'demands' are 100k, then why isn't he 'demanding' that at EFC?

It's just made up shite to fill the football columns in the off season!

caughtoffside is rubbish. Not a single quote in there and rehashed old news...

I used to write for these wankers for a little while. They're sensation-driven and for a long time used softcore wag-galleries to cheaply attract readers. That's how low they were. I quit cause they stole my matarial and put their own names underneath it. It's the kind of site that would make a certain claim and repeat the same thing several times under different forms and then the next week contradict their previous articles. Ad-revenues is all they care about, no ethics at all.

Thinking about this more, and assuming the article is accurate with the numbers, there's not so big a gap now between asking and selling price. Now might be just the time to bring in some younger payers from the Arsenal youth system as well as cash. Instead of £17m plus Ramsey, what about £17m plus Thomas Eisfeld and Ignasi Miquel?

Going to register in the stay category.

He has a price, as all do. Nothing we've heard this summer, however, quite registers. I don't think he's at his full value. A year under Martinez would only take him to 26, and it might just bring out a world class player.

I have a suspicion that Martinez might just be the man to deploy Fellaini properly. Base an entire defensive system around him. He can play several positions at once while gifting steel and composure to our central areas.

In front of a 3 man defense, breaking up attacks, calming possession, then moving the ball from D, through the midfield, and further forward when space opens up.

Played as a distributing and marauding wrecking ball, I think Felli might just be unrivaled. Show him as that, and then proper bids will come in.

I do think that there is some merit in Martinez taking fellaini to that next level - the one where we all saying £40m (after the man united performance etc). If we got another year and sold him to the highest bidder then great.

Ultimately though, he has a release clause in there which clubs will not surpass by a great amount.

Does anyone want Felli to stay?!

Preferably.

Going to register in the stay category.

He has a price, as all do. Nothing we've heard this summer, however, quite registers. I don't think he's at his full value. A year under Martinez would only take him to 26, and it might just bring out a world class player.

I have a suspicion that Martinez might just be the man to deploy Fellaini properly. Base an entire defensive system around him. He can play several positions at once while gifting steel and composure to our central areas.

In front of a 3 man defense, breaking up attacks, calming possession, then moving the ball from D, through the midfield, and further forward when space opens up.

Played as a distributing and marauding wrecking ball, I think Felli might just be unrivaled. Show him as that, and then proper bids will come in.

I couldn't agree with you more. I don't think Felli played in his 'best' position all season and the closest he came was probably in the 2nd half of the City game where him and Gibson were excellent.

Does anyone want Felli to stay?!

Yes, me and probably Roberto.

I genuinely think if any teams linked with him wanted him we would have seen more movement by now. The club have been open and said they will sell for his buy out, but no one is banging down the door to get him out. If he's still here on 1st August he's going no where.

I've seen reports on Martinez's tactics, and he likes a deep midfielder being the pivot of his team, the most important player in his 343 and 433 systems. Fellaini could be perfect for this. If he does well then give him a new contract and try to increase his buy out.

Edited by StevO

The silence regarding Fellaini has been deafening though.

My reading the situation is that it's out of our hands with the release clause. Martinez needs to have plans for two permutations. If the clause gets activated and if it doesn't.

If fellainis clause gets activated I can see him maybe going for fer or McCarthy. Fer being the cheaper option.

A lot of the players may be glad Moyes has moved on, Fellaini being one of them? He seemed to have his arse in his hand where Moyes was concerned for playing him here, playing him there..... Yes, he's said he was grateful to Moyes for disciplining him to remind him where his loyalties lay, after dropping the dome on Shawcross, but he seemed to be sulking round some of the time instead of getting on with it, like others did.

Fellaini can be hit and miss performance-wise. I thought at the start of this season he was doing a Gravesen by playing for a move in January, because he was brilliant, as when he's good he's very very good but when he's bad......

Fellaini has time (and talent) on his side. I can't recall him being dropped because of his sulking because we needed him and he knew it. That might not be the case somewhere 'bigger'. He earns a life changing amount of money every week playing for us, the only things missing are the gongs and unforgiving riches of the Champions League. He can afford, in his career and to realise what he wants to achieve from the game apart from money (he has that), to give it a season under Martinez. He's virtually guaranteed a game with us and Martinez might just be someone he enjoys playing for.

Does anyone think Felli might actually want to stay?! Like we've said before, world cup is et year and he is guaranteed a place here week in week out. I agree with Bailey, I was at the city game and he bossed the midfield playing deeper.

Perhaps it's so quiet on the Felli front because nothing's going to happen?!

Personally I'd love him to stay, he scares the shit out of opponents!