IGNORED

Marouane Fellaini

• 2 weeks later...

If he signs a new deal here I'll be very surprised. Happy, but surprised.

I think the only way we will get it is if he gets a contract like Arteta to be honest and I cant see that happening without getting people like Johnny off the books.

Is this where we run into a brick wall, negotiations fall down after we offer him £10k a week less than Arteta? Then we have no option but to sell him for £25m....

Call me a sceptic but why is the start of discussions being announced? Surely you wouldn't want to alert potential suitors that he has a career decision to make???

Real, Chelsea and Man City will no doubt make their intentions (i.e we will pay him £125k a week) known to his agent (aka his Dad) - who no doubt believes his son is at the best club for him :blink:

I can just see the press anouncement by Bill at his forced through sale of £10k a week over the next 50 years "we offered him a season ticket at the palladium, and 3 months love film subscription and a packet of Haribo's, he shook hands on it, and if you can't rely on people's word and a handshake in this world then we live in a world I don't want to be in"

Edited by Hafnia2

Is this where we run into a brick wall, negotiations fall down after we offer him £10k a week less than Arteta? Then we have no option but to sell him for £25m....

Call me a sceptic but why is the start of discussions being announced? Surely you wouldn't want to alert potential suitors that he has a career decision to make???

Real, Chelsea and Man City will no doubt make their intentions (i.e we will pay him £125k a week) known to his agent (aka his Dad) - who no doubt believes his son is at the best club for him :blink:

I can just see the press anouncement by Bill at his forced through sale of £10k a week over the next 50 years "we offered him a season ticket at the palladium, and 3 months love film subscription and a packet of Haribo's, he shook hands on it, and if you can't rely on people's word and a handshake in this world then we live in a world I don't want to be in"

To show moaning supporters that the board are actually trying to do the best for the club...

We announced that we had opened talks with Cahill, Arteta, Baines, Coleman, Ossie, Hibbo, Vic etc and they all signed so it would appear that there was no alterior motive involved in those cases.

Think you are way off the mark with this one, if the club say nothing they get slated for keeping the supporters in the dark yet if they announce it they get accused of trying to advertise the fact hes available, either way they cant win

As it happens I agree with Romey, I would be extremely surprised if he signed an extension to his contract, in fact I cant think of a single reason why he would

If a decent bid comes in the summer I would let him go

it would make my summer if felli signed a new contract..he is goin to be one of the best midfielders in the prem if he isn't already in that group and to keep him would be a huge boost to what i can see being a frustrating summer...sadly i'm with duncan and romey though i would be surprised

If someone wants to pay him £100k+ a week and will pay us £25-30m then he will be gone. If he is happy to take £70k max and the most we could get is £20m then he may stay.

My guess is that after watching Man City last night they will be having a clear out starting with the manager - the likes of Barry, Djeko, Balotelli, Lescott will be gone. Felli has proven over the last year he is up there with the best centre mids in the league.

Let's face it, his old man will be touting him to any club that can pay him mega wages.

Marouane Fellaini has hinted he will sign a new contract at Everton as he looks to return from ankle injury before the end of the season.Chelsea and Real Madrid have been tracking Fellaini, but he said: "Everton are a club that really care about me.

"My relationship with the manager is excellent, and I'm delighted that he considers me a key player and wants to extend my contract. For my part, I'm ready and waiting."

from the Daily Express but cant find the link (saw it in the OS' What the papers say' section)

Edited by Matt

“There’s been a lot of speculation about a transfer but I’ve never once said that I want to leave Everton,” he told Click Liverpool.

“I love playing for Everton. It’s a great club with real tradition and history.

“You can see that at Goodison Park, an old stadium which is always full and where the fans really know their football.

“And you read about the history of the club too, the trophies and the old stars.

“We have a good team and the manager is a superb

- Steven Pienaar August 2010

what's your point? up until then pienaar hadn't asked..then he realised we wern't gonna do anythin this season and fucked off cos he had a chance at champs league football this year..we haven't done anythin this season and fellaini still says he wants to stay..if he goes he goes but you dont have to make pretty much every post you do a negative one

“There’s been a lot of speculation about a transfer but I’ve never once said that I want to leave Everton,” he told Click Liverpool.

“I love playing for Everton. It’s a great club with real tradition and history.

“You can see that at Goodison Park, an old stadium which is always full and where the fans really know their football.

“And you read about the history of the club too, the trophies and the old stars.

“We have a good team and the manager is a superb

- Steven Pienaar August 2010

difference is that felli has actually said "i want to sign a new deal", unlike pienaar who was being vague about his desires. just because pienaar said he loved playing here doesn't mean he wanted to sign a new deal. "I’ve never once said that I want to leave Everton" does not mean he wants to stay or sign a new deal, whereas felli saying he's ready and waiting to begin negotiations over a new contract does.

The point is that further on he states: "The only difference I've had with the club has been over what's right." which let's be honest spurs were able to meet...

Listen I want the lad to stay, it doesn't mean that my hopes aren't going to cloud what realistically happens in this business. He hasn't sat down yet, of course he is going to make the right noises right now, they all do. The reality is that if his old fella knows he can get £40k per week more at another club he is highly unlikely to tell his son to follow his heart.

Stranger things have happened though.

• 1 year later...