IGNORED

Do You Support Sharing A Stadium With Liverpool Fc?

29 members have voted

1. 1. Do you support sharing a stadium with Liverpool FC?

• Yes
    • No
    • Depends...(write why in your post)

Hey, I'm a long time lurker, first time poster...just wondering what you guys think of potentially sharing a stadium with the Red side of town?

I'm an Aussie by the way, so I don't have much of an idea of opinions of the supporters up your way and if the sharing option is frowned upon or thought to be a reasonable proposal...especially since the whole Kirby plan fell through.

From my perspective, I think it wouldn't be such a bad idea. Would mean both teams would end up with a much larger stadium than if they went it alone, which should in turn mean more profits and would certainly assure that World Cup matches are played there if you guys get 2018.

I guess I'm less inclined to think of stadium sharing a bad thing, as here in Australia we've got a number of teams sharing large stadiums across the country for a number of different codes of Football. For example, the Melbourne Cricket Ground(100k seater) has 4 Aussie Rules teams using the stadium as their home ground and just across town, the Docklands stadium(40k) has 5 Aussie Rules teams, an Association Football team using it as their home ground.

I also think that if a shared stadium was to happen that it could be themed similar to the Allianz Arena in Munich:

Allianzarenacombo.jpg

Allianz Arena is lit up in red when Bayern Munich play, in blue when 1860 Munich play and in white when in use by the German National Team.

But as I said, I've not got a good understanding of the feel on the ground and how either teams supporters feel on the issue, hence the poll above! :)

For me (as a non-local) it's "depends."

Not against in principle but we'd need to be equal partners. Sharing the stadium that they've already got on the drawing board would be unacceptable......it would need to be a new, joint venture from inception.

How far along are they anyway? I know they've put it on hold due to the credit crisis thing, but I'm guessing that since they haven't starting digging up Stanley park that they can't be too far progressed in their plans and that changes would still be made.

The biggest issue I can see is that LFC could end up being the larger stake-holder due to their better financial backing. Could this be where the Liverpool City Council or the Goverment could step in with funding and even out the share?

I would think that with the World Cup potentially coming England that the Government would be willing to help fund any stadium plans.

I'd like to know what, if anything, came out of that meeting EFC had with the City Council...the press release was very lacking in details. Most likely intentionally.

Edited by BrotherEstapol

For me (as a non-local) it's "depends."

Not against in principle but we'd need to be equal partners. Sharing the stadium that they've already got on the drawing board would be unacceptable......it would need to be a new, joint venture from inception.

I agree with this. I dont see how we alone can raise the finance for a world class or at least bloody good stadium. I think it should be properly looked into and with all the advantages and disadvantages (facts not fiction) are found and clear, each clubs fans should have a vote and see what happens.

In an ideal world I would never even contemplate sharing a ground with The Shite, however in that same world Ronaldo would play a one two with Arteta before slipping in Lionel Messi to put us up 15-0 agianst non league Liverpool in the 3rd round of the FA Cup

If the design was right and we could pull off a shared "super stadium" I would much rather have that than some Reebock style tin shed that we are likely to get if we try to go it alone

In an ideal world I would never even contemplate sharing a ground with The Shite, however in that same world Ronaldo would play a one two with Arteta before slipping in Lionel Messi to put us up 15-0 agianst non league Liverpool in the 3rd round of the FA Cup

If the design was right and we could pull off a shared "super stadium" I would much rather have that than some Reebock style tin shed that we are likely to get if we try to go it alone

Wow that is one hell of an ideal world. But you forgot to add that you were watching it from super delux executive box with the last six Miss World's pouring you drinks and feeding you on peeled grapes while the game was going on. :lol:

But yes I do agree that ground share is not a favoured idea, but if it was the least of all evils then I would go along with it.

Wow that is one hell of an ideal world. But you forgot to add that you were watching it from super delux executive box with the last six Miss World's pouring you drinks and feeding you on peeled grapes while the game was going on. :lol:

But yes I do agree that ground share is not a favoured idea, but if it was the least of all evils then I would go along with it.

Lol Nah I will stick with the Park End with spotty faced teenagers makeing me wait most of half time while they figure out how to change a barrel then pour me a warm pint of Chang in a lovely plastic glass and feed me a cold sausage roll!

I think both teams would go for it now, Liverpool arn't as well backed as he OP has said. They can't afford to sack there manager(who sinking them as it will cost them 20mil). They can't afford to build there stadium alone. Both teams should get together a build a big stadium on stanley park.

Also another point on Liverpool, any hopes of getting there ground started will vanish if they don't finish 4th.

Lol Nah I will stick with the Park End with spotty faced teenagers makeing me wait most of half time while they figure out how to change a barrel then pour me a warm pint of Chang in a lovely plastic glass and feed me a cold sausage roll!

Where the hell in the Park End are you Dunc? My pie/sausage roll is never cold, in fact it is ALWAYS welded to the foil (pie only)

With regards to shared ground, I sit close enough to the away fans to have been hit by or narrowly avoided a barrage of coins thrown by the scum (and ONLY them) for the last 3 seasons so would hate to think what they would leave behind from the previous week. For that reason, it's a NO!

im saying no purely because i want to see our name on the chairs. I know it makes sense to share and that some of the fiercest rivalries on the continent share grounds but i dont care. i want a stadium that is home to Everton. would you move in next door and live with your neighbours? i dont think so.

Was there ever any thoughts about Switch Island? I know its a little out of the way but from what i remember (i havent been there for a while so forgive me if im wrong) there was mass of open space at the end of the M57 and M62. Plus there's an Asda nearby that Tesco's could steal business from i think!

im saying no purely because i want to see our name on the chairs. I know it makes sense to share and that some of the fiercest rivalries on the continent share grounds but i dont care. i want a stadium that is home to Everton. would you move in next door and live with your neighbours? i dont think so.

Was there ever any thoughts about Switch Island? I know its a little out of the way but from what i remember (i havent been there for a while so forgive me if im wrong) there was mass of open space at the end of the M57 and M62. Plus there's an Asda nearby that Tesco's could steal business from i think!

:P

Lol thats sorted then we can just buy some Everton deck chairs and play in the car park of Liverpools new ground, thats if we can get permission of the FA to play on concrete!

It would meet all the criteria ie good transport links, affordable and have our names on the seats!

Seriously though there would be to much opposition to a shared ground so for that reason alone its a non starter. So I would honestly think that means we will not be getting a new ground for at least another 30 to 40 years if ever at all

Thats not just a rash comment I just think the Premiership is in for a rough ride for the next few years when it comes to finances and so Prem clubs arent such an attactive proposition anymore

Even if somebody had a spare few billion to throw away would they really want to let themselves in for some of the flack football chairmen get?

Edited by duncanmckenzieismagic

I wouldnt mind at all sharing a stadium with the other lot. It seems like its are only option and the council are deffo pushing for it........

I wont fancy sitting in a stadium thats only 70% full though..... I dont see how we could attact 50K fans week in week out let alone 60K or 70K....

Im not arsed about all the other stuff... I dont mind the seat colours being white... I dont mind that some dick sat in my seat the week before..... I dont care about the material stuff... Just give me a ground with good facilities that we can "grow into" like my mum used to say....

Just dont mention that fu***ng loop site again

ooooo one more for 1000 posts.... Ill have to save it for something fantastic........

Edited by DangerMouse

There will always be a home team on paper so that set of fans get their seats, the other teams fans will be in the away section.

i'd be pissed if i couldnt sit in my seat for one of the games (though ive not had a season ticket in a decade because of work). still, i suppose that makes sense...