• Tim Cahill
    • Luis Saha
    • Landon Donovan
    • Diniyar Bilyaletdinov
    • Seamus Coleman
    • James Vaughan

This poll is closed to new votes

pollresizear5.jpg

Current Player of the Year standings....

Fellaini 194

Pienaar 134

Saha 109

Heitinga 95

Rodwell 94

Bilyaletdinov 77

Hibbert 71

Coleman 70

Howard 61

Baines 51

Distin 38

Osman 25

Cahill 24

Yakubu 23

Duffy 23

Yobo 20

Neill 15

João Alves Jô 10

Vaughan 8

Neville 7

Gosling 6

Nash 3

Baxter 3

Donovan 3

Agard 2

Forshaw 1

Akpan 1

MOTM winners....

Arsenal (A) Marouane Fellaini

Carlisle (H) Marouane Fellaini

Burnley (H) Steven Pienaar

Sunderland (A) Marouane Fellaini

Birmingham (A) Leighton Baines

BATE Boresov (H)...Shane Duffy

Chelsea (A)...Johnny Heitinga

Tottenham (H)...Seamus Coleman

AEK Athens (A)...Steven Pienaar

Liverpool (H)...Marouane Fellaini

Hull City (A)...Johnny Heitinga

Manchester United (A)...Johnny Heitinga

West Ham (A)...Johnny Heitinga

Benfica (H)...Marouane Fellaini

Aston Villa (H)...Diniyar Bilyaletdinov

Tottenham (A)...Tony Hibbert

Bolton (A)...Louis Saha

Benfica (A)...Sylvain Distin

Wolves (H)...Diniyar Bilyaletdinov

Stoke City (H)...Johnny Heitinga

BATE Borisov (A)...Tony Hibbert

Portsmouth (A)...Tim Howard

Hull City (A)...Leon Osman

Blackburn (H)...Louis Saha

AEK Athens (H)...Diniyar Bilyaletdinov

Fulham (A)...Sylvain Distin

Wigan...(H)...Jack Rodwell

Sigma Olomouc (A)...Steven Pienaar

Burnley...(A)...Tony Hibbert

Sigma Olomouc (H)...Jack Rodwell

Arsenal (H)...Steven Pienaar

Wow what a performance that was for the most part as for the second week running we completely outclassed a top 4/5 team!

Fellaini was simply awesome, no other word for it from start to finish and its a shame his header didn't go in. Plus his pirouette was incredible!

Pienaar was quality as well. It took him about 10-15 mins to get properly into the game but we he did he was everywhere and him and Fellaini together certainly look the part.

Heitinga, Baines and Neville kept it really tight at the back and showed how you should defend against quality players. They gave them no time whatsoever and I thought Baines had a much better game, especially going forward.

I think Donovan and Billy are very similar players except Donovan stays wide and Billy comes inside. The Russian had his best game for me although he should have scored at least 1! Donovan needs to speak a bit more for me, there was a couple of times in the second half where he let it run past him thinking someone else was there, or didn't call for which meant someone else got in the way. For me he just needs to up his concentration a little bit and make the most of his skills because he has a lot of quality on the ball.

I thought Distin did well although I'm not exactly confident when he plays yet. He seems to like to follow players around the pitch which can leave a gap at the back. When Neill played him and Heitinga stayed next to each other for 90mins and it looked much more solid (even if we did concede goals!).

I don't really know what to say about Cahill. Iv slagged him off on here the last few weeks because he has been very poor with the ball at his feet which I could do again today as he wasn't great in that department (especially the stupid bloody flicks! Take a proper touch!). However you cant doubt his energy and work rate which was 100% and for that reason he should stay on the team sheet, at lest for now.

Saha was average again today. Apart from the penalty I barely noticed him. He hassled with Cahill pretty well but he lost the ball a bit too easily and his passing at times was wayward. I also noticed today how often both him and Cahill were trying to compete for the ball in the same 1 or 2 yard space. Whether it be long balls or crosses they seem to want to run in the same channels and attack the same places which makes it easier to defend, plus they get in each others way. I personally don't think they work that well together.

Overall, it was a quality performance and we could/should have won about 5-0. Now that's done Im off down the pub to get boozy!

He may not get the number of votes he deserves because of the TT downtime. Pure quality.

Shearer saying on MOTD that we were like the Everton of old....by which he means the Everton of the last few years....but we were better than that. We were closer to the Everton of twenty-five years old. Not there yet but by God there was a hell of a lot of promise on show. Exciting times.

Fellaini but not by much from Pienaar who was also incredible - the amount of grass he covered was unreal and he set up the second goal. Fellaini now looks a player, he played like he did the first time I saw him against Liverpool. He doesn't have the pace for a box to box powerhouse but he has enough pace and the long legs to be a Patrick Vieira type defensive midfielder. He very rarely gives the ball away, usually goes forward, he is very difficult to get past and he wins virtually everything in the air (goal kicks etc). He was awesome in that position and on that evidence I wouldn't sell him for less than £40million now! I had a bit of a debate about Essien the other day, I've never seen him ever dominate as a defensive midfielder the way Fellaini did, he reminded me of Vieira - who was the best I've seen.

Anyway, brilliant performance from virtually everyone. Cahill was brilliant, ok he made a mess of a couple of promising positions but his energy was fantastic, he nearly scored and was a menace - back to his best. Howard was again superb, he hasn't put a foot wrong this season and I'm sure he got a fingertip to Bellamy's cross shot and made an incredible save. Neville - excellent again, Hibbert shouldn't play for us again. Coleman - looked good and not scared of Bellamy. Baines - best game of the season. Heitinga and Distin looked totally solid together, I liked the look of that partnership a lot. Bily - was very good but is still lacking pace for a winger. Donovan - promising. Saha - decent.

Anyone even thinking of voting for anybody except Fellaini needs their head examined!

EVERYONE played their part in that match, one of the best overall perforformances I have seen for a lonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnng time, but Felli still managed to stand out.

Anyone even thinking of voting for anybody except Fellaini needs their head examined!

EVERYONE played their part in that match, one of the best overall perforformances I have seen for a lonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnng time, but Felli still managed to stand out.

On Bill's backup forum the vote was split between Fellaini en Pienaar, 1 each :).

I thought i.d already posted in this thread but i dont see it here. ??

Great performance from everybody, but Pienaar and Fellaini completely bossed the midfield.

Fellaini gets my vote, its the best i have seen him play since we signed him and i want to see this every week. :thumbsup_still:

Not sure how much of that was down to us being very good or City not really doing much!

We did look very good, but I honestly think we can do better, but hey let's not get greedy, and just savour the moment.Out played Arseanl (kind of ) and now spanked City.Can we keep this up?

Fellaini, top man, but everyone did their job.

Not sure how much of that was down to us being very good or City not really doing much!

We did look very good, but I honestly think we can do better, but hey let's not get greedy, and just savour the moment.Out played Arseanl (kind of ) and now spanked City.Can we keep this up?

Fellaini, top man, but everyone did their job.

Blue, we didn't let them play, that's why they didn't do much. Of course we can play better but I think that's the best I've ever seen us play.

Screech, Peanuts then Donovan. Though there really wasnt a poor player on the pitch. Back 4 were solid, King Louis and Skippy were their usual busy selves. Was so happy with the performance. After the start ive had to 2010 it was a glimmer of hope. Long may these performances continue!

Has anybody else ever won the MoM with 100% of the votes before?

Think Tim Howard may have done once in a particularly dire team performance.

Seamus Coleman came close in the Spurs game last month, probably would have done it had Tim not had the late penalty save that got him two votes. There was an pretty obvious "joke" vote for Yak (who was shite) but Seamus got the other 56 of 59 votes cast :) .