Sign in to follow this  
Lowensda

Jan Mucha

"T-How" said somewhere in an interview that he thought it was a positive move bringing him here, for the exact reason you said, to push him and have competition for places.

'disproves' (sorry, little bit drunk and can't think of the opposite to 'improve')

damage, decline, decrease, diminish,injure, weaken, worsen? ;)

Anyone else watch him in the World Cup? I thought apart from the ball he tried to claim and missed against the Dutch he actually looked very good. Commanding and coming for things whenever possible. I think Howard will have a real test this year. Shame we're not in Europe so we could really use him, but I'm almost positive he'll be starting our cup games.

Anyone else watch him in the World Cup? I thought apart from the ball he tried to claim and missed against the Dutch he actually looked very good. Commanding and coming for things whenever possible. I think Howard will have a real test this year. Shame we're not in Europe so we could really use him, but I'm almost positive he'll be starting our cup games.

He's a decent GK but imo he didn't look good on both goals against the Dutch. When I read he was the best GK in Poland I expected him to be challenging for the starting GK spot, but going on the couple of games at the WC Howard is much better.

Good backup, but nothing more.

Only thing is he lashed out against an Italian player in the world cup, lets just hope IF he ever plays for us he doesnt do that and have us down to 10 men.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_6736954,00.html

I could have told him it'd have been a waste of his time before he signed.

You couldn't have guaranteed it though Mark. It's a calculated gamble for a keeper to go to a club with an established number one, he's only likely to get an opportunity due to injury or a serious loss of form.

Got to give it a go in his place though surely? Number one in Poland or the chance to play in the premier league? No brainer.

He's an international goal keeper anyway, he'll always be able to find a club. Especially when he's only 28.

Premier League experience can only have helped him too - the amount of homework the GKs do on the opposition strikers is nuts.

He's an international goal keeper anyway, he'll always be able to find a club. Especially when he's only 28.

Premier League experience can only have helped him too - the amount of homework the GKs do on the opposition strikers is nuts.

2 Carling cup games, what premier league experience was that Ian. ;)

2 Carling cup games, what premier league experience was that Ian. ;)

I Just think he means what they do behind the scenes Bill at premier league clubs.

In regards to this, he is Slovakias Number 1 in the last world cup, if he doesnt play at all, he won't even be thought of in future tournaments for them... I thought it was strange getting an internation number 1, seeing as though Moyes hardly ever drops Howard.

....keeps Bill in jumpers

I was kind of hoping these stupid throwaway comments would stop after the chief exec pointed out (not for the first time I don't think)...

"...there are many club directors out there who pay themselves generous salaries and enjoy plenty of perks. Ours don't, not a penny in any salaries or expenses..."

Too much to hope for I guess. The myths and lies are too deeply engrained for the truth to seep in.

Or maybe Elstone's lying?

It wasn't really aimed at you, Mike, more at Elstone. He acts like it's this something we should be grateful about, but our board of directors are a piss take.

That's a completely valid opinion....said it before (453 times-ish) just wish people would stop with the fantasy. There are enough real problems; inventing and perpetuating pretend new ones and conspiracy theories is just unhelpful.

That's a completely valid opinion....said it before (453 times-ish) just wish people would stop with the fantasy. There are enough real problems; inventing and perpetuating pretend new ones and conspiracy theories is just unhelpful.

Agreed.

I don't think for a second that Kenwright or the board are lining their own pockets or anything like that, it's ridiculous of any one to suggest it.

Should never have started in that cup game at Elland Road two weeks ago, Howard was available for selection wasn't he? and Moyes went ahead and left out our regular goalkeeper in favor of Mucha. Took a chance maybe and I'm not saying our elimination was a direct result of that but I wouldn't have played a second choice 'keeper that night.

Should never have started in that cup game at Elland Road two weeks ago, Howard was available for selection wasn't he? and Moyes went ahead and left out our regular goalkeeper in favor of Mucha. Took a chance maybe and I'm not saying our elimination was a direct result of that but I wouldn't have played a second choice 'keeper that night.

Howard has made his fair share of clangers over the years, so let's not pretend he is Mr Perfect.

We have a squad. If we don't utilise it we won't have one for very long.

I don't think he did too much wrong against Leeds tbh. He made a good save at 1-0 to keep us in it, and couldn't have done anything about the goals really. And Av I know we don't expect "joe hart" to come and warm the bench for us, all we ask is someone to come in and look like they could push Howard, Mucha has had his opportunities, and he hasn't been good enough.

Howard has made his fair share of clangers over the years, so let's not pretend he is Mr Perfect.

Thats all good and well, however if we want to win a trophy then we have to put out a decent side

I paid good money to stand in the rain and watch that shambolic performance so if 5000 Evertonians can take the competition seriously why cant the club?

To the above again, and as the League Cup represented only one of two possible ways we could have won anything this season, Moyes really should have started with our first choice in goal. No disrespect to Mucha, but I would have wanted Howard to have started that night, I'm not saying just one man could have made a difference, and a number of players didn't really perform on the night, but if we're really intent on finally ending the trophy drought Moyes should start with his strongest XI available, especially at a venue as awkward as Elland Road, and let's be honest, abysmal record going back as far as anyone can remember, even if they are in a lower league now. They got a very winnable 'draw' in the next rounds too, and I was thinking that could have been us, and one or two steps nearer to an actual trophy finally won again. It does appear sometimes that Moyes doesn't seem to care too much about progress in Cup tournaments sometimes. Apart from the FA cup final three years ago for the most part, most of his adulation and recognition does focus on league accomplishments after all.

Yes, Howard has made his fair share of clangers over the years but he should have played him in nets against Leeds. I watched the game and didn't see Mucha once try and organize the team like Howard does. When Leeds scored in the 4th minute against us Howard would have shouted at the defence and get them organized. Mucha just took it, gave the ball back and didn't say a word. What I can remember anyway. It's the presence in the box that Mucha is missing, his overall goalkeeping quality is top notch. :)