IGNORED

Jan Mucha

Lowensda

• 4 weeks later...

Anyone else watch him in the World Cup? I thought apart from the ball he tried to claim and missed against the Dutch he actually looked very good. Commanding and coming for things whenever possible. I think Howard will have a real test this year. Shame we're not in Europe so we could really use him, but I'm almost positive he'll be starting our cup games.

Anyone else watch him in the World Cup? I thought apart from the ball he tried to claim and missed against the Dutch he actually looked very good. Commanding and coming for things whenever possible. I think Howard will have a real test this year. Shame we're not in Europe so we could really use him, but I'm almost positive he'll be starting our cup games.

He's a decent GK but imo he didn't look good on both goals against the Dutch. When I read he was the best GK in Poland I expected him to be challenging for the starting GK spot, but going on the couple of games at the WC Howard is much better.

Good backup, but nothing more.

• 6 months later...

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_6736954,00.html

I could have told him it'd have been a waste of his time before he signed.

You couldn't have guaranteed it though Mark. It's a calculated gamble for a keeper to go to a club with an established number one, he's only likely to get an opportunity due to injury or a serious loss of form.

Got to give it a go in his place though surely? Number one in Poland or the chance to play in the premier league? No brainer.

He's an international goal keeper anyway, he'll always be able to find a club. Especially when he's only 28.

Premier League experience can only have helped him too - the amount of homework the GKs do on the opposition strikers is nuts.

2 Carling cup games, what premier league experience was that Ian. ;)

2 Carling cup games, what premier league experience was that Ian. ;)

I Just think he means what they do behind the scenes Bill at premier league clubs.

In regards to this, he is Slovakias Number 1 in the last world cup, if he doesnt play at all, he won't even be thought of in future tournaments for them... I thought it was strange getting an internation number 1, seeing as though Moyes hardly ever drops Howard.

....keeps Bill in jumpers

I was kind of hoping these stupid throwaway comments would stop after the chief exec pointed out (not for the first time I don't think)...

"...there are many club directors out there who pay themselves generous salaries and enjoy plenty of perks. Ours don't, not a penny in any salaries or expenses..."

Too much to hope for I guess. The myths and lies are too deeply engrained for the truth to seep in.

Or maybe Elstone's lying?

It wasn't really aimed at you, Mike, more at Elstone. He acts like it's this something we should be grateful about, but our board of directors are a piss take.

That's a completely valid opinion....said it before (453 times-ish) just wish people would stop with the fantasy. There are enough real problems; inventing and perpetuating pretend new ones and conspiracy theories is just unhelpful.

That's a completely valid opinion....said it before (453 times-ish) just wish people would stop with the fantasy. There are enough real problems; inventing and perpetuating pretend new ones and conspiracy theories is just unhelpful.

Agreed.

I don't think for a second that Kenwright or the board are lining their own pockets or anything like that, it's ridiculous of any one to suggest it.

• 1 year later...