IGNORED

Jan Mucha

Lowensda

Im not sure I follow your logic, if indeed there is any. Are you asking what is the point of having quality on the bench?

I would have thought the answer to that was self explanatory, and what happens if Howard breaks a leg or something ? Would you be happy to have either Ruddy or Turner in the side for any length of time? It would be to late to start rummaging around for a decent keeper once Howard was injured

If we follow your logic we could just get rid of all the other keepers and save a few bob on wages because they wont play anyway!

Oh and by the way he is on a free

Yeah Duncan, I'm well aware that you and a few others do not agree with My opinion, just as i dont agree with yours, I've never been swayed by the majority so wont change mine just as i wont change yours.

I gave my opinion and thats all there is to it mate.

Amen.

Yeah Duncan, I'm well aware that you and a few others do not agree with My opinion, just as i dont agree with yours, I've never been swayed by the majority so wont change mine just as i wont change yours.

I gave my opinion and thats all there is to it mate.

Amen.

Im not trying to change your opinion I was just trying to understand it thats why I was trying to clarify that you were saying that having quality on the bench is a waste of time

If that is what your saying you have to admit it is shall we say an unorthodox view point

And you didnt answer the question about what happens if Howard gets injured

Edited by duncanmckenzieismagic

liverpool can't replace Reina, Torres, Gerrard or a few others come to that with players of matching ability!

Would a really good goalkeeper be happy to sit on the bench and only get a couple of games every few years because the 1st choice goalkeeper wasn't injury prone/lucky with injuries?

Most teams have only one recognized goalkeeper at the club.

Howards just about as good as anyone in the prem, it would be nice to have another really good keeper ready to go.....maybe Mucha will be just what we need.

Im with Bill on this one, he is going to be an expensive bench warmer wages wise. Only thing i can think of is that maybe a class keeper on the bench might push Howard to excel, some serious competition. Ruddy and Turner may well be sound keepers but theyre not close to Tims standard. Maybe another international keeper will be...

Well!.....On the subject of reserve goalkeeper, check out poor old Barnsley!

The score today at Newcastle was 0-0 (after 42 mins) when first choice keeper (Steel) was sent off!

On came the ( I guess ) 2nd keeper......final score 6-1.

I'm sure going down to 10 men didn't help much either :mellow:

I don't think any team that I can think of has a brilliant reserve goalkeeper ready to step in, as mentioned it's an expencive option.Plus if he's really good he isn't going to want to warm a bench.

Im with Bill on this one, he is going to be an expensive bench warmer wages wise. Only thing i can think of is that maybe a class keeper on the bench might push Howard to excel, some serious competition. Ruddy and Turner may well be sound keepers but theyre not close to Tims standard. Maybe another international keeper will be...

Lol Some Evertonians never cease to amaze me I cant beleive people are complaining that he is too good a signing!

He is a free transfer and I havent heard anything to make me think he is on big wages so I fail to see a problem

Lol Some Evertonians never cease to amaze me I cant beleive people are complaining that he is too good a signing!

He is a free transfer and I havent heard anything to make me think he is on big wages so I fail to see a problem

i think what he was getting at was that maybe the lad might be able to push/challenge howard rather than just be a back-up and warm the bench

No if you read back he was agreeing with Bill that its a waste of money have a quality signing on the bench

i know he was, at first, i just think that the last line of his post indicated that he was thinking that he might challenge. he made reference to ruddy and turner not being up to scratch and then said that maybe another international keeper may be...i interpreted that to be maybe now we can have some competition between the sticks.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I think you'll be surprised with what this keeper has to offer. Its an excellent signing imo, he is the product of the trainer that taught Fabianski and Boruc, but without the so called "Polish fumble syndrome". His handling of the ball is excellent, 1 vs 1 is nearly legendary here and he has an exceptionally powerful kick. He performs very well under pressure and basically carried my whole dead-beat team on his back by himself through the season. His biggest asset however is his willingness to better himself and work hard to achieve set goals, I have nothing but good things to say about him. btw. yes Im a Polak and yes our league is nothing compared to yours, but to me he is a sure shot. You'll see him in first 11 soon enough, mark my words. That said - go Everton! He's ecstatic to be playing for you guys.

I think you'll be surprised with what this keeper has to offer. Its an excellent signing imo, he is the product of the trainer that taught Fabianski and Boruc, but without the so called "Polish fumble syndrome". His handling of the ball is excellent, 1 vs 1 is nearly legendary here and he has an exceptionally powerful kick. He performs very well under pressure and basically carried my whole dead-beat team on his back by himself through the season. His biggest asset however is his willingness to better himself and work hard to achieve set goals, I have nothing but good things to say about him. btw. yes Im a Polak and yes our league is nothing compared to yours, but to me he is a sure shot. You'll see him in first 11 soon enough, mark my words. That said - go Everton! He's ecstatic to be playing for you guys.

Thanks for that :) .

I'm not saying he's a bad keeper, I just don't see Moyes dropping Howard to give Mucha a go.

I'm not saying he's a bad keeper, I just don't see Moyes dropping Howard to give Mucha a go.

Fair enough. Can't say I've got giant knowledge about Everton so I'll leave that to your judgment. Mucha's a bit younger so he has time to prove his worth.

Some additional info if anybody cares: He sat on the bench for a year when Fabiański was goalie in Legia until he moved to Arsenal in '07. He was no-ones favorite, but proved his worth. Kept a clean sheet for 634 minutes in 07-08 and appeared in all the games last season. Him about moving to Everton: "I am an ambitious guy and I always said that I love English football and English weather. Despite my affection for Premiership I rejected the first offer made by Everton. After proving my worth with Arka (our defense last season was basically non-existent and it was up to him to save our skin) they came back with an offer I just couldn't refuse. I'm interested in playing proper football, offers from Spain, Italy and France are all good, but secondary when it comes to fulfilling my dream by playing in England." He was picked footballer of the year with 70% of votes. Other English clubs that were interested in him: Wigan, Sunderland, Tottenham, Arsenal and Stoke. I saw Arsenal's scouts myself on a number of occasions. I'm glad he's moving to Everton though, I hope you guys will greet him warmly on Goodison Park.

He really should pay me for this good pr, but he doesn't :(

Fair enough. Can't say I've got giant knowledge about Everton so I'll leave that to your judgment. Mucha's a bit younger so he has time to prove his worth.

Some additional info if anybody cares: He sat on the bench for a year when Fabiański was goalie in Legia until he moved to Arsenal in '07. He was no-ones favorite, but proved his worth. Kept a clean sheet for 634 minutes in 07-08 and appeared in all the games last season. Him about moving to Everton: "I am an ambitious guy and I always said that I love English football and English weather. Despite my affection for Premiership I rejected the first offer made by Everton. After proving my worth with Arka (our defense last season was basically non-existent and it was up to him to save our skin) they came back with an offer I just couldn't refuse. I'm interested in playing proper football, offers from Spain, Italy and France are all good, but secondary when it comes to fulfilling my dream by playing in England." He was picked footballer of the year with 70% of votes. Other English clubs that were interested in him: Wigan, Sunderland, Tottenham, Arsenal and Stoke. I saw Arsenal's scouts myself on a number of occasions. I'm glad he's moving to Everton though, I hope you guys will greet him warmly on Goodison Park.

He really should pay me for this good pr, but he doesn't :(

Legia, i trust your judgement mate and i'm looking forward to watching him first hand in the W.cup. He will get a warm welcome, don't worry, all new players do! Ive only seen videos after we were linked with him and he doesn't do too bad but to get over 70% of the league votes is impressive and more so for a GK! So we shall see :)

(Has anyone actually seen Taxi lately!!???)

Whether he gets in the first team or not is irrelevant to some extent.. the most important thing is that T-How is pushed for his position (as much and as well as all the other players/positions are).. as it only makes them better. If he does manage to break into the first team, great!.. if he manages to make T-How better, great!... it's only if he does neither, or is so bad that T-H 'disproves' (sorry, little bit drunk and can't think of the opposite to 'improve'), that we can say he's a failure. I, for one though, am a bit excited about this signing, I'm hoping he's gonna push a little bit harder than our recent keeper signings have (Nash, etc).