• Steven Pienaar
    • Landon Donovan
    • Marouane Fellaini
    • Louis Saha
    • Leon Osman
    • James Vaughan
    • Mikel Arteta

pollresizear5.jpg

Current Player of the Year standings....

Fellaini 233

Pienaar 134

Saha 109

Heitinga 95

Rodwell 94

Bilyaletdinov 77

Hibbert 71

Coleman 70

Howard 61

Baines 51

Distin 38

Osman 25

Cahill 24

Yakubu 23

Duffy 23

Yobo 20

Neill 15

João Alves Jô 10

Vaughan 8

Neville 7

Gosling 6

Nash 3

Baxter 3

Donovan 3

Agard 2

Forshaw 1

Akpan 1

MOTM winners....

Arsenal (A) Marouane Fellaini

Manchester City (H) Marouane Fellaini

Carlisle (H) Marouane Fellaini

Burnley (H) Steven Pienaar

Sunderland (A) Marouane Fellaini

Birmingham (A) Leighton Baines

BATE Boresov (H)...Shane Duffy

Chelsea (A)...Johnny Heitinga

Tottenham (H)...Seamus Coleman

AEK Athens (A)...Steven Pienaar

Liverpool (H)...Marouane Fellaini

Hull City (A)...Johnny Heitinga

Manchester United (A)...Johnny Heitinga

West Ham (A)...Johnny Heitinga

Benfica (H)...Marouane Fellaini

Aston Villa (H)...Diniyar Bilyaletdinov

Tottenham (A)...Tony Hibbert

Bolton (A)...Louis Saha

Benfica (A)...Sylvain Distin

Wolves (H)...Diniyar Bilyaletdinov

Stoke City (H)...Johnny Heitinga

BATE Borisov (A)...Tony Hibbert

Portsmouth (A)...Tim Howard

Hull City (A)...Leon Osman

Blackburn (H)...Louis Saha

AEK Athens (H)...Diniyar Bilyaletdinov

Fulham (A)...Sylvain Distin

Wigan...(H)...Jack Rodwell

Sigma Olomouc (A)...Steven Pienaar

Burnley...(A)...Tony Hibbert

Sigma Olomouc (H)...Jack Rodwell

Arsenal (H)...Steven Pienaar

I gave it to Leon mainly because Im bored of voting for Felli & Piennar!

Seriously though we looked much more balanced once he came on and he took his goal superbly and as there were no stand out performers I thought why not?

Felli & Piennar had decent games and I thought Mikel looked bright and at the other end of the scale the less said about Bily and Saha the better

Not me (and he now has four) :) .

I know i've said it before and peeps didnt like it, But i'm going to say it again.

The theme of the Competition is to pick a player whose performance was better than everybody else's in the team on the day. And by no other criteria should you choose your MOTM.

If those voters consider that Arteta done more in 15 minutes than Fellaini and Pieanaar did in the whole match, and to a lesser extent Osman and Neville, they should only be let out under parental control.

Ridiculous, and its undermining the whole competition.

I know i've said it before and peeps didnt like it, But i'm going to say it again.

The theme of the Competition is to pick a player whose performance was better than everybody else's in the team on the day. And by no other criteria should you choose your MOTM.

If those voters consider that Arteta done more in 15 minutes than Fellaini and Pieanaar did in the whole match, and to a lesser extent Osman and Neville, they should only be let out under parental control.

Ridiculous, and its undermining the whole competition.

Normally I am not picky but had to comment on this.

Unless the competition is run by a strict set of complex rules (players must be present for >= 30 minutes, had >= 1 shot on target etc) then it doesn't matter matter who people vote for, that is their 'right' to vote for that player. In your opinion Arteta didn't do enough but that is not going to be the view of everyone so you can't impose your views on to others.

I think we (TT members) have had the MOTM validity discussion on ToffeeTalk before and it got nowhere...

gave my vote to pienaar, but could have easily gone to mikky. he was only on a few minutes, but in that few minutes we had more promising attacks than we did the other 80 mins, all of which heavily involved Arteta. Not to mention him setting up Vaughn for what may have been the equalizer. So, no, I don't think a vote for Mikel in any way makes MOTM a joke.

Normally I am not picky but had to comment on this.

Unless the competition is run by a strict set of complex rules (players must be present for >= 30 minutes, had >= 1 shot on target etc) then it doesn't matter matter who people vote for, that is their 'right' to vote for that player. In your opinion Arteta didn't do enough but that is not going to be the view of everyone so you can't impose your views on to others.

I think we (TT members) have had the MOTM validity discussion on ToffeeTalk before and it got nowhere...

I hear what your saying EW and each and every one is allowed a vote, but you dont pick your MOTM because he has dark swarthy looks, or the fact that he happens to be your favourite player, I see no other reason why he deserved any votes.

But like i said before, i knew it would upset some but, on several occasions some of the Votes verge on the ridiculous, like James Vaughan a couple of games ago, came on as Sub in 90th min and played 3 mins injury time, he got a vote. :blink:

There are times when, Like you now EW, you just feel you have to say something. The only thing i'm trying to impose, is that they select their player for the right reasons.

Strange how none have posted to give the reasons for their selection. B) Embarassment maybe. ???

...you dont pick your MOTM because he has dark swarthy looks, or the fact that he happens to be your favourite player, I see no other reason why he deserved any votes.

He got votes for the same reason the OS felt it appropriate to devote an article to his contribution... http://www.evertonfc.com/news/archive/arteta-s-dream-return.html

Semantics maybe but even if he didn't make the biggest contribution to Everton during the match, it's very easy to argue that the most significant contribution to Everton's season that happened during the match was his fifteen minutes.

Agree with you on things like the Vaughan one and (as I've said before) where votes are obviously wrong I disregard them :) .

He got votes for the same reason the OS felt it appropriate to devote an article to his contribution... http://www.evertonfc.com/news/archive/arteta-s-dream-return.html

Semantics maybe but even if he didn't make the biggest contribution to Everton during the match, it's very easy to argue that the most significant contribution to Everton's season that happened during the match was his fifteen minutes.

Agree with you on things like the Vaughan one and (as I've said before) where votes are obviously wrong I disregard them :) .

I would expect the OS to devote an article to him He's been missing for a year. :rolleyes:

Sorry, but you have shown exactly why you should'nt vote for him.

The rest is a load of bollox Mike.

Osman got my vote. The first half was so dreadful it would have been difficult to choose someone from that. Osman showed drive, wilingness and some fight when he came on, brought others somewhere near halfway to scratch from where we almost snatched a possibly undeserved draw. A definate case of after the Lord Mayors Show and a little feeling of complacency methinks.

Osman got my vote. The first half was so dreadful it would have been difficult to choose someone from that. Osman showed drive, wilingness and some fight when he came on, brought others somewhere near halfway to scratch from where we almost snatched a possibly undeserved draw. A definate case of after the Lord Mayors Show and a little feeling of complacency methinks.

In a strange way that is good and IMO its better it happened in the cup instead of the league. A result like that will bring them back down to ground and make sure they continue to put in the hard work they have been. Plus it should make them realise they cant afford to take their foot off the gas against any half decent side. Its a shame to go out the cup, but it could be a vital lesson learned for the rest of the season.

In a strange way that is good and IMO its better it happened in the cup instead of the league. A result like that will bring them back down to ground and make sure they continue to put in the hard work they have been. Plus it should make them realise they cant afford to take their foot off the gas against any half decent side. Its a shame to go out the cup, but it could be a vital lesson learned for the rest of the season.

I can see what you are saying but I would rather it was the other way around and we had our off day in the league. After all the Cup is the Cup and winning it would have been our last realistic chance of qualifying for European football next season.

I dont really think the league is as important now, we wont get dragged into a relegation battle but equally I cant see us challenging for Europe so I would rather still be in the Cup!