IGNORED

Everton To Redevelop Goodison Park!

Louis

http://www.newsofthe...MOVE-PLANS.html

However, I understand senior figures within the club will now explore every avenue when it comes to the possible redevelopment of Goodison Park.

And it seems certain the team will remain at the 117-year-old ground for many years to come.

That will please manager David Moyes, who is understood to be keen on remaining at the historic - but outdated - stadium.

The journalist Andy Dunn apparently has a close relationship with Bill Kenwright.

No surprise really as I said in the ground share post we have missed the chance of getting a new ground now so redeveloping Goodison is the only real option

I think we will just have to accept the club has gone as far as its going to go, the only plus is that so many other Prem teams appear to be struggling financialy as well so maybe instead of us catching them up they can sink to our level!

No surprise really as I said in the ground share post we have missed the chance of getting a new ground now so redeveloping Goodison is the only real option

I think we will just have to accept the club has gone as far as its going to go, the only plus is that so many other Prem teams appear to be struggling financialy as well so maybe instead of us catching them up they can sink to our level!

You're seeing it as a negative :mellow: ?

If it's done properly it would be better than any new stadium for me :) .

It will be a pain in the arse to redevelop the stadium...and they'll have to gut it out completely imo. Everything will need to be done, exterior, seating, framework, surrounding areas, bars, suites....everything! won't it also cost alot more to redevelop than to have a new one built?

Im not shirking the idea off, but they'd have to do a significantly impressive job to compete with many grounds that have had such redevelopments (St James', Old Trafford, WhiteHart lane). A bodge job which could disfigure the Grand Lady would piss people off more than an average new ground.

But if the redevelopment looked like the above, i'd take it in a flash :)

It will be a pain in the arse to redevelop the stadium...and they'll have to gut it out completely imo. Everything will need to be done, exterior, seating, framework, surrounding areas, bars, suites....everything! won't it also cost alot more to redevelop than to have a new one built?

Im not shirking the idea off, but they'd have to do a significantly impressive job to compete with many grounds that have had such redevelopments (St James', Old Trafford, WhiteHart lane). A bodge job which could disfigure the Grand Lady would piss people off more than an average new ground.

But if the redevelopment looked like the above, i'd take it in a flash :)

The build may or may not be more expensive but we're not paying for land or entirely new transport links.

It'll be interesting to see what stands they opt to redevelop first.

Will they go for the Park End or Bullens Road?

Park End - increasing capacity of Goodison by near 20% for the lowest cost.

Bullens Road - increase capacity by similar amount with corporate lounges but this would be a large cost at once.

You're seeing it as a negative :mellow: ?

If it's done properly it would be better than any new stadium for me :) .

Yeah I am, maybe I have been taken in by all the hype from the Board about it being a non starter, or maybe not

I just cant see how they can do it without losing revenue and is there really much they can do within the present footprint anyway?

Bullens Road - increase capacity by similar amount with corporate lounges but this would be a large cost at once.

I think the best thing to do would be to start with the Park End. If you started with this first you could increase the capacity enough so that any future stand development wouldnt drop too far below the current average attendance or at least I wouldnt have thought it would. Plus as you say it would be the cheapest for the biggest return.

By redeveloping Goodison it means we can gradually improve on the stadium when we can get the money. Although it may cost more over time, it means we arent forced to borrow a massive lump sum with crippling interest for a new stadium that could be 'average'.

As other posters have alluded to, if we are going to redevelop Goodison it HAS to be done properly. No shortcuts, no quick fixes and no skimping! You wouldnt try and update the Mona Lisa by giving her a bob cut and highlights...

Redeveloping Goodison is the ideal situation, but, for me it is going to be the most costly & complex - I just hope it doesn't cripple us.

Whenever you want to draw a new picture you always start with a blank piece of paper. With Goodison we need to use an old picture and get our erasers out.

It really will need top notch planning (and money!!) to get this right...but boy it would be ace if there is any truth in this rumour.

If we HAVE to stay at Goodison I wouldn't say no.... It would have to be rebuilt though, COMPLETELY.... Otherwise it wont the requirements set out by the club.... The whole point of the club seeking a move is to increase revenue and that needs corporate money.......

The ground footprint is soooo small I just can't see us ever getting all the land required.......

Anyway we can forget the Hotels Bars Restaurants and business that come with a new ground..... Its in the middle of Walton for fucks sake... who wants to bring a new business to Walton.....

We will be stuck with a pokey little newsagent, a chippy that opens every other week for 3.5 hours and a pub that will want its place right outside the ground.....

Id also miss the church but I'm sure "God" has already declared that that church will never ever move... It has to go also

Nice new ground surrounded by shite

Im sure you must have sat in the Bullens Road stand Louis..... Have you seen the size of it?????? There isnt any room behind it.... I dont care wht the council or anyone says... we wont get all the land we need to do anything like that....

If we HAVE to stay at Goodison I wouldn't say no.... It would have to be rebuilt though, COMPLETELY.... Otherwise it wont the requirements set out by the club.... The whole point of the club seeking a move is to increase revenue and that needs corporate money.......

The ground footprint is soooo small I just can't see us ever getting all the land required.......

Anyway we can forget the Hotels Bars Restaurants and business that come with a new ground..... Its in the middle of Walton for fucks sake... who wants to bring a new business to Walton.....

We will be stuck with a pokey little newsagent, a chippy that opens every other week for 3.5 hours and a pub that will want its place right outside the ground.....

Id also miss the church but I'm sure "God" has already declared that that church will never ever move... It has to go also

Nice new ground surrounded by shite

That pretty much along the lines of what I was thinking plus there is no way we could attract any corporate events on non match days. I mean who would want to host an event at a redecorated Goodison when they could go over the road to a state of the art new Anfiled?

Theres some plans somewhere that laid it out - how it would be done and at what cost and it was certainly a lot cheaper than a new one.

Its a 5 year plan that they start with the smallest stand in the close season and rebuid it to the biggest, it might overun into the season for half a dozen home games, but if i remember correctly they reckon we could get 36,000 in while still rebuilding, but once the 1st stage is completed we would'nt lose any.

Maybe louis or Mike could find them, they were on that topic about the KIRKBY and KEIOC.

Can make it into 50.000 quite easily, or 55,000 with a bit more work.

Theres some plans somewhere that laid it out - how it would be done and at what cost and it was certainly a lot cheaper than a new one.

Its a 5 year plan that they start with the smallest stand in the close season and rebuid it to the biggest, it might overun into the season for half a dozen home games, but if i remember correctly they reckon we could get 36,000 in while still rebuilding, but once the 1st stage is completed we would'nt lose any.

Maybe louis or Mike could find them, they were on that topic about the KIRKBY and KEIOC.

Can make it into 50.000 quite easily, or 55,000 with a bit more work.

I dont see how you honestly think it will be "a lot cheaper" than building a new ground. The problem I have with groups like KEIOC is that they come out with statements that are for the best part made up..... I challenge KEIOC to prove that this is the case...

Anyway thats over with now and as a last resort I would like to see us redevelop Goodison Park just because we HAVE to. The stumbling blocks will come when trying to purchase the school, properties off Bullens Road Gwladys Street and that church.

Whatever the council say. residents WILL NOT move out freeley and the scool closure will be fought....

Expect to see a "Keep our school in this community" and if residents dont freely move it can take years to get compulsory purchase orders...

Im not going to argue against the point to much though as id like to see it happen.... just not going to get my hopes up

Edited by DangerMouse

it's all on the Keioc website.

External Rednerings

Redevelopment Plans

Technical Drawings

Ive read all that and Im not convinced..... people dont realise that these studies COST millions of punds to produce... otherwise... lets just send Big Bill around and get KEIOC to build us a ground....

In fact companies tendering for work will do all that legwork for free (or should do minus some expenses)..... and they come back and tell you what you want to hear...... its not until things get a little more serious that they actually fall over and say.... oops sorry about that... to do x will cost y and so on and so forth.....

Im a civil engineer and deal with this all day every day......

If you check the drawings out do they even show the surrounding area???? I know the GFE "pictures" did.... and the ground would have been in some poor fellas back garden...... NOT ALLOWED OBVIOUSLY

If I recall didnt GFE say we could have an attendance of 65K on that site????? ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

The "technical drawings" shown dont really allow for any facilities amenities corporates ect ect..... it just kind of looks like "get as many seats as you can in".... plus THERE SHITE..... ok ok ill call them concept drawings.... but im back to the... "ill draw what you want to see..."

I guess looking at the ground footprint they are right about moving it "south" towards the Park End.. that would acomodate larger (but not necessarily larger capacity) Park End and Gwladys Street stands... But the plan falls short when redeveloping both the Main Stand and Bullens Road..... I just dont see how there is any room unless Everton bought a considerable amount of residential housing.....

Id love it to happen and I hope its true that if all else has failed we are looking to redevelop Goodison Park

One things for sure it wont be on the cheap......

Edited by DangerMouse

Buying the housing would be a problem I'm sure Liverpool had all sorts of trouble trying to persuade the residents to move so they could re-do the main stand. In the end they lost and nicked our plot on Stanley Park.

I would love to see Goodison redeveloped but I cant help but think our best chance has gone in the shape of the Kings Dock project, that would have been fantastic