IGNORED

Charlie Adam

• 3 months later...

and granted that will a fair bit lower than the 6 million quoted last summer and with his injury, but still if we have to pay over a mile for garbutt, i don't imagine we'd get ledley for much less than 3 and from what i've seen and heard this season charlie adam soundsa decent player....no world beater and idealyl could do with some more pace but same as ledley but with a bit more about him going forward

Edited by CraccerC

2 mil and coleman on loan for the year, i'd do that. he's no world beater but i'd rather have him than ledley who could probably set us backmore than that.

It'd be a decent deal alright. Especially if Blackpool in the PL. It'd be fantastic for Seamus to get that experience.

Also I think Adam's a quality player, bit lacking in pace but that hasn't hampered Fellaini, Arteta or Osman in centre-mid.

£2m, tidy left foot, maybe a good squad player and give us more options on left, that's about it really, can't see him being the missing link to turn our midfield into a top 4 team. But none the less he may make the step up and continue to improve, played champions league etc. At 6ft 2, he appears to be strong, so on a flat midfield 4 he could be the answer in certain games.

With the deal being quoted. I would like that, at the end of the day Nevilles still got at least a year, so RB will probably be his spot next year (im guessin) so a year experience for Seamus is a good thing :)

Adam's is meant to be a decent player, as people say, just a tad slow. I'd take that deal!

A few lads at work have been ging on about this possible deal for a week or so and as much as they rate Coleman they don't want to see Adams leave, He's rated quite highly by the donkey lashers and most seem to think he'd make a decent player in the Prem not to sure myself as i've not seen much of him.

Hang on - we've got a quick, skilfull, young up-and-coming fullback who has already shown he can cause problems for Premiership teams with his direct running and quality delivery, and we want to ship him out for a year just so we can sign another player with a 'gifted left foot' who nonetheless has no pace whatsoever? Does Moyes think Bily might be getting a bit peeved off being on the bench and think having a clone sat next to him might cheer him up a bit?

Sorry, this will be a complete waste of time if it goes through. Adams would offer nothing we don't already have in midfield, and is not good enough to get in our first XI anyway, whereas Coleman I reckon has done enough to earn a chance in our first team next season.

Unless Moyes is thinking in terms of someone to fill the gaping void Pienaar would leave... :blink:

Hang on - we've got a quick, skilfull, young up-and-coming fullback who has already shown he can cause problems for Premiership teams with his direct running and quality delivery, and we want to ship him out for a year just so we can sign another player with a 'gifted left foot' who nonetheless has no pace whatsoever? Does Moyes think Bily might be getting a bit peeved off being on the bench and think having a clone sat next to him might cheer him up a bit?

Sorry, this will be a complete waste of time if it goes through. Adams would offer nothing we don't already have in midfield, and is not good enough to get in our first XI anyway, whereas Coleman I reckon has done enough to earn a chance in our first team next season.

Unless Moyes is thinking in terms of someone to fill the gaping void Pienaar would leave... :blink:

I agree with this (except the last bit :unsure: ).

He seems like a half decent player but he wont get into our 1st team and some would argue whether he would make the bench if everyone is fit. I dont see the point in letting Coleman go on loan just to get an average young player in.

If we are going to loan anybody out it should probably be Vaughan. He is one that definately needs 1st team footy and he wouldnt get into the starting 11 if everyone was fit.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...