IGNORED

Bily; Where Should He Play

Memmaclub

It is another moyes player where I don't know what we bought him here for. I always thought players were bought with a position in mind but Bily has played in lots of positions it's like piernar arteta heitingha fellani.

From what I have seen with his finishing and skill he should be looked at for the cahill role but with a bit more creativity. Although he wouldn't score the headers that cahill gets.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Against Pienaar in training, so he understands what an impact a player who has determination, work ethic and consistency can have over his opponent.

At the moment his attitude is not good enough at all, no show for the ball, marks his opponent when we have the ball???!!!

A lot of people on here seem to think this lad is kak. I truely believe that he's going to be a very good player for us. From what I've seen, he's not a bad player, he's shown some nice flashes of skill. However, before the haters start hammering, that is still only flashes.

In his defence, he's come from the Russian league, a bridge too far for many people (we had a striker not so long ago who proved this pointed, erm, what was his name?? :unsure: ), additionally, he's had no real pre-season with us (including the break that comes before it), I think now, he's really starting to look tired and finding it difficult to keep up with the higher pace of the game on top of that. People also seem to forget he's joint 3rd top-scorer this season.

I think he just needs a bit of time, I'm going to wait until next season to make my final judgement. Look at Felliani, many people were slagging him off, now everyone wants to lick boots.

As for where he should play, he's left footed, so logic seems to suggest he should play on the left wing. However, we know Pienaar can do a job there. Personally, I'd like to see us playing some Total Football, with players who can play all over the park. Even with a midfield with that ability we'd be awesome.

Not a "hater," pretty much agree with that. Can be a very good player for us and I hope he is :) .

But at the moment he's kak for 85/87 minutes a game. Not good enough.

(And I'm pretty sure I never slagged Fellaini off either :) )

I did big time, but he has since picked his game up and played so well that I have given him my MOTM vote in 4 of the last seven games.

I will gladly eat humble pie, and do the same if or when "bily" picks up his form. ;)

I look forward to seeing him play with Areta.

We know that Bilya doesn't have a lot of pace and he isn't really isn't gifted with a great ability to take people on.

I see his main skills as his shooting ability and his passing ability especially the long passes where he has many times shown a Beckham like quality to make a 40 or 50 yard pass look easy.

He complained that the football we were playing wasn't of great quality and so I consider Arteta a player who likes to slow the game down (too much at times) and play the ball around could help work him into the game a bit more where previously maybe our games have been too end to end for him to get into.

I really rate him ability wise and it would be great to see him fully get into the pace of the game and find his place in the team. I just hope that Arteta's introduction to both matches and training with him can help him along. I'm sure Arteta with all his languages must be able to speak a bit of russian! If not he's got himself a new buddy to work on an extra langauge for his CV!

This is still Bilyaletdinov's first season so it's probably taking him time to adapt his game, but he has certainly got ability. Personally, I don't see a problem with a player who is used to playing several positions - let's not forget that Moyes has had a nightmare with injuries and having players who can play several positions is a big help.

I'm in the camp that thinks he really just needs more time to settle. He's young, in a completely different team environment (his dad remember was part of the club at Dynamo), and has been playing now since May of 2009 with no break. He does need to start moving off the ball more. If he's not going to be taking people on and getting to the byline then he needs to be making space for himself so he can play the killer passes.

Reading the posts above, I was reminded of something. I think it was FairWooney who mentioned about Billy's lack of natural ability to take people on, and I do agree with this. He sometimes seems to just run towards people, I mean straight towards and into them, rather than doing a bit of trickery to get round. (I seem to remember Jo had a similar problem, don't know whether that's something to do with the Russian League).This is definitely a part of his game that he needs to work on, particularly if he's going to be playing as a winger. If can learn to get passed defenders a bit more, his delivery is not that bad, so he should be getting himself a good few assists, or at least putting opposition defences and goalkeepers under pressure.

I do rate him but he does need to improve. He clearly does have the technical ability which is a start, and I think he is suprisingly strong on the ball. He lacks pace, he lacks movement and Im not sure his concentration is all there although the latter could be down to the fatigue of not having a proper break. He can certainly improve the latter two through training and more game time with the squad so they gel a bit better. I thought he had a good game against City and I bet a lot of that was down to having Pienaar and Felli pushing and barking at him all game.

I certainly think he has a future at Everton, we just might have to wait a little bit longer before it really becomes evident.

It's his first season and for most part when he has played he's being played out of position as we have seen with Fellaini it can have a big impact being deployed in the right way, I think given abit more time and if Moyes plays him where he should as a central/left sided player we will see him improve.

I don't have an issue with ability, he is far more accomplished than Kevin Kilbane, Simon Davies ever could have dreamed to be. His left foot is awesome and he can go past a man when needed. It's the fact that he is hiding, it is not on, when we get the ball he does not show for a pass, blimey Tony Hibbert for all his technical failings shows the bottle and desire to help his team mates out. I think we have a player who needs a rocket or arm round the shoulder, one of them at least. We do not have team where someone can hide, we need 11 committed to helping each other.

I have always been respectful of players who when things aren't going well will still demand the ball, we will forget the 10 bad passes etc for the one beauty that creates a goal.

• 2 weeks later...

I agree with recent posts. It's his first year. We have seen glimpses of good things with his assists early on. He does play the beckham like balls. That is something that can't be taught. Give him time before writing him off. I never wrote off Felli last year when he seemed to be all over the place. It takes time to settle into the league usually. I hope we can keep him and let him grow into a great prem player.

I agree, Ill bet a year from now we will be atlking about him in the same way we are about Fellaini now, Moyes knows a good player when he sees one, and to spend £9, he must be pretty damn good.

also remember Pienaar was pretty bad when he first arrived, as was Fellaini, even Arteta and Johnny H, Jags too

I have to agree with some of the other posters, that he should wait to give full judgement until next season. From what I've seen of him, and I can see others have noticed this, he has shown some glimpses of quality. It looks like he can deliver a ball, he looks like there are also a few goals in him, however, on the bad side this season, he has looked at times a little of the pace. But I definitely believe that he's got it in him to be a quality player for once he's got used to the speed of the game and had a proper pre-season with us.

His problem is a lack of consistency at the moment, the Chelsea game only highlighted that, some sublime footwork at times to elude tackles but took the worst corner of the season at another!

I want him to succeed because when he does the good stuff he can make the opposition look like rank amateurs.

I don't think he suits the wide role though as he (still) seems to lack enough pace.

• 1 month later...

guys, just noticed, but despite his 'unimpressive' 1st season, he still isnt doing that bad: games played 19(3) with 4 goals. Pienaar has 24 games with 5 goals. Cant find stats on assists, im sure Peanuts has a few more but despite all that, its not a bad 1st season for a midfielder. Screech's 1st season wasnt that different either (and i remember the same kind of criticism's directed at him around this time too), 33(2)games with 9 goals.

just making me excited about his potential future performances!

Edited by galacticaracnid

In the first few games he played for us I was really exited by Bil, creative, cracking left foot & he looked like he wasn't afraid to put his foot in.

It was always going to take 9-12 months for a young lad over from Russia to settle but I reckon he's goin to be a shit hot signing & we'll all be singing his name (or an abreviated version) next season!

Does anyone know how his English is coming on by the way?

In the first few games he played for us I was really exited by Bil, creative, cracking left foot & he looked like he wasn't afraid to put his foot in.

It was always going to take 9-12 months for a young lad over from Russia to settle but I reckon he's goin to be a shit hot signing & we'll all be singing his name (or an abreviated version) next season!

Does anyone know how his English is coming on by the way?

i remember reading he was nearly fluent before he arrived.

The best position for Bily is in the middle behind the striker. Problem is, Cahill happens to play that position, even Osman to a lesser degree.

Honestly Cahill hasn't been in the best of form lately so I wish we would use Bily to push him as a sub to open games up where we are stuck in long ball mode.

He lit up the Russian league but then again so did Jo ... I still have faith though. He's got undeniable skill and I hope all he needs is an offseason of rest and a decent preseason. Eventually he'll play in the position that he played in Russia (which was left wing?), just like Fellaini moved to the position he held at Standard.

If he comes good, Pienaar can move to the right and the winger problem is solved. Moyes thinking five steps ahead!

id like to see him in a free role just behind the striker..quick feet and a crackin shot with a lot of technique as seen against utd! isnt that pacey so i think it would suit him there...plus hes a fair tall lad and won a few headers against bolton so maybe that could be brought into his game a bit more too!

id like to see him in a free role just behind the striker..quick feet and a crackin shot with a lot of technique as seen against utd! isnt that pacey so i think it would suit him there...plus hes a fair tall lad and won a few headers against bolton so maybe that could be brought into his game a bit more too!

This. My opinion is nearly identical!