• Tim Cahill
    • Steven Pienaar
    • Landon Donovan
    • Marouane Fellaini
    • Louis Saha
    • Victor Anichebe

pollresizear5.jpg

_47214151_cahill_pa.jpg

Current Player of the Year standings....

Fellaini 255

Pienaar 151

Saha 109

Heitinga 102

Rodwell 94

Bilyaletdinov 77

Hibbert 71

Coleman 70

Howard 61

Baines 51

Distin 38

Osman 32

Cahill 33

Yakubu 23

Duffy 23

Yobo 20

Neill 15

João Alves Jô 10

Vaughan 8

Neville 7

Gosling 6

Arteta 6

Donovan 5

Nash 3

Baxter 3

Agard 2

Forshaw 1

Akpan 1

MOTM winners....

Sunderland (H) Marouane Fellaini

Birmingham (H) Steven Pienaar

Manchester City (H) Marouane Fellaini

Arsenal (A) Marouane Fellaini

Carlisle (H) Marouane Fellaini

Burnley (H) Steven Pienaar

Sunderland (A) Marouane Fellaini

Birmingham (A) Leighton Baines

BATE Boresov (H)...Shane Duffy

Chelsea (A)...Johnny Heitinga

Tottenham (H)...Seamus Coleman

AEK Athens (A)...Steven Pienaar

Liverpool (H)...Marouane Fellaini

Hull City (A)...Johnny Heitinga

Manchester United (A)...Johnny Heitinga

West Ham (A)...Johnny Heitinga

Benfica (H)...Marouane Fellaini

Aston Villa (H)...Diniyar Bilyaletdinov

Tottenham (A)...Tony Hibbert

Bolton (A)...Louis Saha

Benfica (A)...Sylvain Distin

Wolves (H)...Diniyar Bilyaletdinov

Stoke City (H)...Johnny Heitinga

BATE Borisov (A)...Tony Hibbert

Portsmouth (A)...Tim Howard

Hull City (A)...Leon Osman

Blackburn (H)...Louis Saha

AEK Athens (H)...Diniyar Bilyaletdinov

Fulham (A)...Sylvain Distin

Wigan...(H)...Jack Rodwell

Sigma Olomouc (A)...Steven Pienaar

Burnley...(A)...Tony Hibbert

Sigma Olomouc (H)...Jack Rodwell

Arsenal (H)...Steven Pienaar

I listened on the radio and while the first half was very open and end to end It seemed that they dominated second half. they had a few clear cut chances and looked like they could catch us out whenever they countered.

Apparently we had a couple of goal decissions (pen and offside) given against us but from what the commentators said througout the match i'd have said we did well to get the win.

I'll take the result and hope we can play better next week.

Beat pool at Analfield and I'll be looking forward to my trip up for the Wednesday nighter with Chelsea!

Great game and very comfortable win despite only being 1-0.

Wigan have some pace in their team, made our defence look like very slow on the counter.

Osman was great, he just seems to make the midfield click lately. Felli was OK, Heitinga looked solid and Baines played very well & is getting much better with set pieces.

I thought Dowie got it spot on.

I gave it to Baines, he was superb today and a great corner for the goal. Johnny H was solid and Cahill had a decent game.

The ref was awful , stonewall pen when Saha was brought down and Felli was behind Cahill when he cut the ball back so how could he be offside?

It wasnt a great performance especially in the second half but I would say we shaded it due to the chances we created

No Fellaini was'nt offside, The flag went up because Cahill was offside.

The linesman not only flagged too late for Cahill's offside but Cahill was not offside in the first place. Only his arms were in an offside position IIRC and since you can't legally score with them then he wasn't offside :P

Just seen it on the telly on MOTD and he definately hasnt flagged for Cahill being offside and I dont think he was anyway

He did flag for TC being offside....but not until he touched the ball thus making himself "active."

Certainly the wrong decision though....he was in line with the last defender when Pienaar played the ball through. Justice was done in the end thankfully :) .

Brilliantly won corner by Saha for the goal incidentally :) .

He did flag for TC being offside....but not until he touched the ball thus making himself "active."

Certainly the wrong decision though....he was in line with the last defender when Pienaar played the ball through. Justice was done in the end thankfully :) .

Brilliantly won corner by Saha for the goal incidentally :) .

lol I know what the offside rule is!

I will watch it again on the rerun of MOTD but Im pretty sure that he didnt flag against Cahill because Cahill took the pass then ran to the byline then crossed for Felli who put it in and THEN the linesman flagged

But as you said he got it wrong either way

lol just watched it again and he has definitely given offside against Felli because he kept his flag down until the ball was in the net and he also indicated with his flag that it was Felli

Edited by duncanmckenzieismagic

lol just watched it again and he has definitely given offside against Felli because he kept his flag down until the ball was in the net and he also indicated with his flag that it was Felli

Then he is a fool.

I didn't think TC actually touched the ball until he put the cross in and that was the point at which it was given :mellow: . But as I've deleted the SKY+ now I can't look at it again so I'll take your word for it :) .

Being at the game yesterday, I instinctively looked at the linesman when Cahill went through and the flag stayed down until the ball hit the net, thats when I noticed the flag go up, so it does appeart to be given against Fellaini. No matter justice was done in the end. A decent performance, looked a bit dodgy through their pace and with Senderos settling in may have upset defensive cohesion but on the whole he played ok. Cahill had his best game for a while but one again I have to give my vote to Fellaini, I though he bossed the miffield well and looks o much comfortable in this role.

p.s. It was nice for us to be able to enter the soccerdome bar in the new arena, close to the coach parking, nice and comfortable and food was quite cheap. Makes a change from being 10 deep at The Red Robin. :D

My MOTM was Baines. I thought he was very good, a couple of great tackles and countless quality deliveries although I am not quite sure why he cant do this more consistently because he could have had 2 or 3 assists today quite easily.

Cahill was a very close 2nd. He was much more like the old Timmy Cahill especially with the way he held the ball up and brought other into play. Feb is going to be a big month but with TC's knack of scoring important goals it should give the team even more confidence.

Felli was quality again, not his best performance but he still did everything he was meant to.

Pienaar, Osman, Neville, Heitinga, Howard all had solid games.

Saha wasnt great again but maybe Yakubu coming back might make him realise he isnt a definite starter.

Donovan had his worst game in an Everton shirt IMO. His delivery was lazy and he didnt get stuck in as much as I would have liked. Maybe he has become a bit complacent due to his good start and his 1st goal but I will be looking for more in the coming games. Anichebe did well when he came on and he looks much more mature and composed it will be very interesting to see how he gets on when his full match fitness returns.

Finally I thought new boy Senderos had a decent debut. It was clear he wasnt match fit and that him and Heitinga hadnt had much time to gel but the early signs were good. At the end of the game he showed good composure and ball control to twist out of 2 or 3 challenges before laying off a simple pass.

Overall good game and IMO we deserved the win, hopefully though the performance will shift up a gear for the RS!

If Scotland had any composure it would have been a completely different game. Should really have probably ended 3-1, but I'll take the clean sheet. The offside decision was very strange. Can't see why the ref gave it, even if the linesman has signaled, it was blatant that it was a back pass to Fellaini, Probert had a terrible game overall, but did keep his cards in his pocket.

Motm was Baines for me, his first really good game and up against a real challenge in N'Zogbia. Made one great tackle on 16 minutes and finally put in a good crosses.

If Scotland had any composure it would have been a completely different game. Should really have probably ended 3-1, but I'll take the clean sheet. The offside decision was very strange. Can't see why the ref gave it, even if the linesman has signaled, it was blatant that it was a back pass to Fellaini, Probert had a terrible game overall, but did keep his cards in his pocket.

Motm was Baines for me, his first really good game and up against a real challenge in N'Zogbia. Made one great tackle on 16 minutes and finally put in a good crosses.

True but if the officials had been on thier game we would have had two penalties and Felli's goal would have stood so I make that 4-3 to us! :P