IGNORED

A Stat To Be Proud Of!

jofanon

Number of seasons each club has been in the top flight...

Everton (107)

Aston Villa (99)

Liverpool (95)

Arsenal (93)

Man Utd (85)

Man City (81)

Newcastle (79)

Sunderland (79)

Tottenham (75)

Chelsea (75)

West Brom (72)

Bolton (71)

Blackburn (70)

Sheff Wed (66)

Derby (65)

Wolves (61)

Sheff Utd (60)

Middlesbrough (60)

Birmingham (56)

Nottingham Forest (56)

Indeed!

I once was on a site and it had the stats for most points in the english top flight ever..

If i remember correctly Everton was second, and only very recently lost first place to.... Liverpool

as at the end of 2007 - 08:

Liverpool 6065

Everton 6019

Arsenal 5924

Aston Villa 5551

Manchester United 5509

Newcastle United 4451

http://www.efchistory.co.uk/All%20Time%20League%20Table.htm#3pts

Edited by Churinga

Number of seasons each club has been in the top flight...

Everton (107)

Aston Villa (99)

Liverpool (95)

Arsenal (93)

Man Utd (85)

Man City (81)

Newcastle (79)

Sunderland (79)

Tottenham (75)

Chelsea (75)

West Brom (72)

Bolton (71)

Blackburn (70)

Sheff Wed (66)

Derby (65)

Wolves (61)

Sheff Utd (60)

Middlesbrough (60)

Birmingham (56)

Nottingham Forest (56)

I think those stats are wrong we are 132 years old, of which we have only played outside the top league for about 4 seasons......1930-31 and 1951-54.

PS.. even if you take into consideration that the proper football league wasnt formed until 1888 that still means we have been in the top tier for 122 years minus 4 seasons in the 2nd tier. It should show 118 years.

I think those stats are wrong we are 132 years old, of which we have only played outside the top league for about 4 seasons......1930-31 and 1951-54.

PS.. even if you take into consideration that the proper football league wasnt formed until 1888 that still means we have been in the top tier for 122 years minus 4 seasons in the 2nd tier. It should show 118 years.

It says seasons if you take off the wars it is about right

It says seasons if you take off the wars it is about right

I'm already giving them stats the benefit of 10 years, we played top tier even before the original football league was formed, and we held the title during both the war years, 1914-18 and 1939-45 making us the only team to hold the title for the longest consecutive amount of Years --- Twice. Now thats a stat to be proud of. :D So the next time we win the Title , watch out for World War 3. ;)

I'm already giving them stats the benefit of 10 years, we played top tier even before the original football league was formed, and we held the title during both the war years, 1914-18 and 1939-45 making us the only team to hold the title for the longest consecutive amount of Years --- Twice. Now thats a stat to be proud of. :D So the next time we win the Title , watch out for World War 3. ;)

I was thinking that as I was reading the thread.

That's a poser...given the choice would you take a League Title if it meant Armageddon was just around the corner :unsure: .

On balance I think I probably would....we'd be Champions for eternity, that'd take some beating :P .

Well for you British it wouldn't be so much of a problem, but as we Belgians seem to be occupied as soon a war starts (last time our resistance lasted almost two weeks!) I'd take peace over any Everton title. However if Everton signed Defour, I'd agree to a two month Kraut-occupation in exchange for a Carling cup title :).