• CAHILL
    • OSMAN -off
    • PIENAAR
    • SAHA - off
    • sub Arteta 40 mins
    • sub Annicebe 70 mins
    • sub Yakubu 70 mins

pollresizear5.jpg

Current Player of the Year standings....

Fellaini 263

Pienaar 151

Saha 109

Heitinga 105

Rodwell 94

Bilyaletdinov 77

Hibbert 71

Coleman 70

Cahill 63

Howard 61

Baines 57

Distin 38

Osman 36

Yakubu 23

Duffy 23

Yobo 20

Neill 15

João Alves Jô 10

Vaughan 8

Neville 7

Gosling 6

Arteta 6

Donovan 5

Nash 3

Senderos 3

Baxter 3

Agard 2

Forshaw 1

Akpan 1

MOTM winners....

Wigan (A) Tim Cahill

Sunderland (H) Marouane Fellaini

Birmingham (H) Steven Pienaar

Manchester City (H) Marouane Fellaini

Arsenal (A) Marouane Fellaini

Carlisle (H) Marouane Fellaini

Burnley (H) Steven Pienaar

Sunderland (A) Marouane Fellaini

Birmingham (A) Leighton Baines

BATE Boresov (H)...Shane Duffy

Chelsea (A)...Johnny Heitinga

Tottenham (H)...Seamus Coleman

AEK Athens (A)...Steven Pienaar

Liverpool (H)...Marouane Fellaini

Hull City (A)...Johnny Heitinga

Manchester United (A)...Johnny Heitinga

West Ham (A)...Johnny Heitinga

Benfica (H)...Marouane Fellaini

Aston Villa (H)...Diniyar Bilyaletdinov

Tottenham (A)...Tony Hibbert

Bolton (A)...Louis Saha

Benfica (A)...Sylvain Distin

Wolves (H)...Diniyar Bilyaletdinov

Stoke City (H)...Johnny Heitinga

BATE Borisov (A)...Tony Hibbert

Portsmouth (A)...Tim Howard

Hull City (A)...Leon Osman

Blackburn (H)...Louis Saha

AEK Athens (H)...Diniyar Bilyaletdinov

Fulham (A)...Sylvain Distin

Wigan...(H)...Jack Rodwell

Sigma Olomouc (A)...Steven Pienaar

Burnley...(A)...Tony Hibbert

Sigma Olomouc (H)...Jack Rodwell

Arsenal (H)...Steven Pienaar

Im not sure anyone really deserves MOTM tbh... Pathetic 2nd half performance against a very average team.

Howard - Shocking for the goal.

Baines - One of the very few better players

Neville - Shocking for the goal. I didnt see his leadership qualities out there on the pitch today. He should have been barking at them to pick up the tempo but he didnt. Get Coleman in there...

Distin - A couple of poor clearances, I dont see the point in him taking long throws either.

Heitinga - Did well and played some quality passes.

Pienaar - Well shackled by Liverpool but it was still a shite performance. Should have been sent off 1st half and even with that reprieve he jumps stupidly with Gerrard which was pointless and will now miss our next game.

Donovan - Did well and probably my MOM. He did have a much easier job of playing against Insua but he cut him up a couple of times. He still has to stop some of these pathetic 1 touch passes where he panics in a tight situation cos he just gifts them the ball.

Felli - Did a good job hopefully he isnt out for long as we missed him a lot 2nd half.

Osman - Good shift 1st half but anonymous for the rest of the game.

Cahill - Did well.

Saha - Hopefully Moyes rips up his new contract and shoves it up his arse... The only reason I noticed he was on the pitch was because of his ridiculous ginger hair...

Arteta - Shouldn't have come on. Not fit, the tempo was way to slow through him. He didnt want to get stuck in (which is fair enough considering his injury). I think some people seem to have also forgotten his set piece delivery is also crap for the most part so God knows why he is on free kick and corner duty for large parts.

Yak - Still rough around the edges to say the least but he probably got on the ball more than Saha and had a decent shot.

Vic - Turned Insua beautifully its just a shame he didnt drive it across the goal when he had the chance.

As soon as they went to 10 men we backed off, played way too slowly and gave them way too much time on the ball. We played too much long ball (even though it was clear after 5mins that their CB's were swallowing up everything we kicked at them) and we played way too narrow. The ref was shocking but Liverpool still deserved it. This time I only feel robbed by our own players and manager...

rip up saha's contract, after 1 performance WITHOUT any service? give it a rest.

im not voting, i cant think of a single player who stands out or played well....when i calm down i might reconsider.

as for arteta shouldn't have come on....i didn't see him do much wrong when he did, everything went through him, wasn't his fault he was surrounded by absolute fucking shite today

Was going to give it to Donovan, but then I changed my mind and gave it to Fellaini. Reason why? He played v.well for the short time he was on. Won everything in the air and looked to pass quickly. Without him we didn't have the same balence. I thought the red card was going to make the game easier but instead it made it harder! Also no one else deserved it.

I gave it to Donovan he looked a threat when he ran at Insua and was best of a bad bunch

We didnt do enough especially when they went down to 10 men and what Neville and Howard were doing for the goal is anybodies guess even a kid on the park in an under 11s Sunday league game knows you have to get goalside

Thought Moyse was right in saying we didnt deserve to lose and certainly didnt deserve to win

Our last two defeats, Birmingham in the cup and today have been by two sides who played us at our own game. That is closing us down, getting stuck in, taking the lead and defending it. This is clearly something that upsets us, as we cannot break down two banks of four defenders. This was not the Liverpool of old, they realise they are not the footballing force they were, so they have needed to adapt accordingly and that is something we could not do today but a draw would have been the fair result but it's football and shit happens. Man of the match for me was Heittinga, solid enough in defence and played some decent passes and showed some spirit, which strangely was lacking in certain departments.

Does my head in when these inferior teams 'park the bus'!

On a serious note, we just didn't do enough when they went down to 10 men. Could've been different had Cahill got his headed effort on target.

Not sure who go for really...

Everything seemed to go through Arteta, but with not a lot going on off the ball for him.

Jonny H looked solid again, and proving that he's going to be difficult to dislodge at centre back.

While Fellaini was on, he was controlling the game comfortably I thought.

Really annoyed with it though, because a decent performance would've seen us win against a really average Liverpool side!

Everything seemed to go through Arteta, but with not a lot going on off the ball for him.

Jonny H looked solid again, and proving that he's going to be difficult to dislodge at centre back.

While Fellaini was on, he was controlling the game comfortably I thought.

Fully agree with DonKey.

Haven't voted yet though. Need to calm down first and watch MOTD.

EDIT: voted for Anichebe.

Edited by holystove

Gave it to Johnny above Landon but not too many contenders! Very very disappointed with second half display, we never replaced Felly to be honest and Arteta wasn't the answer. Not blaming Moyes for this, hindsight is a beautiful thing. No complaints about the shite other than that cunt gettin pienaar sent off at the end, (the prick ref was looking for an excuse after his first half mistake)!

Need to win a derby soon cos there might not be many more when them cunts go into administration(here's hopin)!

Our last two defeats, Birmingham in the cup and today have been by two sides who played us at our own game. That is closing us down, getting stuck in, taking the lead and defending it. This is clearly something that upsets us, as we cannot break down two banks of four defenders. This was not the Liverpool of old, they realise they are not the footballing force they were, so they have needed to adapt accordingly and that is something we could not do today but a draw would have been the fair result but it's football and shit happens. Man of the match for me was Heittinga, solid enough in defence and played some decent passes and showed some spirit, which strangely was lacking in certain departments.

my thouhts exactly!

My vote went to Cahill purely due to some key defencive headers and the closest thing to a goal we had all game.

Donovan was also good as was Johnny.

With the exception of him giving the golden boy a body check in the first few minutes Neville was woeful and I cringed every time the ball ended up at his feet...most of which were passes from Donovan. But at least Donovan was trying to do something with the ball the best part of the game.(like how he got past the defence in the 2nd a few times)

Didn't see Neville do shit.

Peanut clearly toned down after dodging a red card and that combined with Fellani getting injured didn't seem to help...

All in all, very deflated after watching that...especially since the missus is a Reds supporter.

Edited by BrotherEstapol

Victor for showing some fucking passion going for that cunt Gerrard and Mascharafuckinrano!!! horrible bastards.

Exactly! He was one of the few that looked fired up. Id much rather have that in those situations than a sulking Saha. One thing I know for sure is that I wouldnt fuck with him, he gave Agger a little push and he nearly fell over! Having said that MOM is a bit much :P