IGNORED

Fellaini

Romey 1878

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From the way he could barely walk on it when he was trying to come back on Im 100% sure he wont be back for wednesday and Id be surprised if we see him again this month. From the impact it looked like he may have stretched the ligaments and tendons in his ankle. Seeing as they took him for an X-ray before a MRI it would suggest the ligaments etc arent ruptured or severley damaged. Therefore my completely medical unrelated House like deduction would lead me to believe he will be out for 3-4 weeks with strained ligaments or tendons in his ankle.

How impressed will you be if I am right!?!

I'd just say you watch too much TV :P .

Three months would be a real shame....just when the whole injury situation is looking up :( .

Don't worry everyone, Arteta is ready to step straight in......... :unsure:

Maybe three weeks would be good.......if the options to that were 3 months or the rest of the season.That was one big Greek lump to have two footed your ligaments to the other side of the bone....if he'd landed on his wrist it could easily have ended up like this :gay:

Don't worry everyone, Arteta is ready to step straight in......... :unsure:

Maybe three weeks would be good.......if the options to that were 3 months or the rest of the season.That was one big Greek lump to have two footed your ligaments to the other side of the bone....if he'd landed on his wrist it could easily have ended up like this :gay:

ROFL!

I like to look at both positives and negatives. Negative is this is not good to lose felli for awhile. Positives are that mikel can get more time on the pitch which he needs because he has looked terrible. I love mikel along with everyone else but he just isn't there yet as should be expected. I really hope we stop letting him take free kicks right now as they are ugly. Let pineaar, baines, or landon stand over top the ball. Mikel your time will come again soon dont worry. Another positive is that if Felli is out talks about leaving may subside for awhile because we all want him to stay.

Can see a replay of it here. Though this angle shows the stepping on dirty hairy greek bastard's ankle more than Fellaini's ankle being caught, it looks like his left foot was caught by dirty hairy greek bastards's right foot. The injury is the right ankle I believe, given the way Felli was clutching it after the tackle.

I still cannot clearly see where the injury has occured from these clips, does anyone have any other angles?

http://forums.lfconline.com/showthread.php?t=101401

As a side note, when Fellaini supposedly kicked Kuyt in the face you can see that it was the ball that skimmed his left cheek.. still looked slightly dirty play by Mo, but it all happened so fast and he's entitled to try and get the ball down field asap I suppose.

Edited by inertia8

Can see a replay of it here. Though this angle shows the stepping on Soti's ankle more than Fellaini's ankle being caught, it looks like his left foot was caught by Soti's right foot. The injury is the right ankle I believe, given the way Felli was clutching it after the tackle.

I still cannot clearly see where the injury has occured from these clips, does anyone have any other angles?

http://forums.lfconline.com/showthread.php?t=101401

As a side note, when Fellaini supposedly kicked Kuyt in the face you can see that it was the ball that skimmed his left cheek.. still looked slightly dirty play by Mo, but it all happened so fast and he's entitled to try and get the ball down field asap I suppose.

Are you a kopite?? Who calls the shites players by nicknames, unless they're offensive like 'greek twat', ugly dutch bastard, or Steven 'give me the fcukin cd player remote or i'll break your face in' Gerrard....I only call our players by nickname and theirs by insult haha.

And in defence, Carragher should have had at least two cards, same with Mascherano and Gerrard. Dirty cheating wankers. To simulate aswel, in my books is worse than a slightly late tackle, as its intent to gain an advantage whereas a tackle can be unintentionaly mis-timed.

No I'm not a kopite, his name is Sotirios, shortened it to Soti... I suppose I could refer to him as the dirty hairy greek bastard if that makes you happier? I'll edit the offensive posts..

I guess being all the way down in Australia lessens the blow of a derby defeat to the shite... I don't have to put up with neighbours and workmates giving me shit.. there was one bloke but he was fired about a year back.. still hurts though ;)

Edited by inertia8

No I'm not a kopite, his name is Sotirius, shortened it to Soti... I suppose I could refer to him as the dirty hairy greek if that makes you happier? I'll edit the offensive post.

I guess being all the way down in Australia lessens the blow of a derby defeat to the shite... I don't have to put up with neighbours and workmates giving me shit.. there was one bloke but he was fired about a year back.. still hurts though ;)

Yes it does, see >>>>> :D a smile! But theres a lesson, no nicknames for those things across the park ;)

Ok, I've just watched those replay gifs again, and I think I can see how Fellaini got injured. As his right boot comes down on the Greek you can see it roll outwards and become overextended. I've done this myself and suspect he'll have some slight ligament damage. My guess is 3-4 weeks.

Strangely I agree with the ref here, never a foul by Felli, the Greek put his two footed tackle where Felli was running. Could Felli have avoided it by pulling completely out? Possibly, but it's clear (by about an inch) he wins the ball first.

Its more the fact they dont point out their own players cheating ha. They're all idiots. Noone disagrees that Felli shouldnt have gone but when they dont point out Gerrards blatent cheating or carraghers uselessly timed challenges, it makes you wonder how long it takes for them to polish their large rose-tinted glasses...

Its more the fact they dont point out their own players cheating ha. They're all idiots. Noone disagrees that Felli shouldnt have gone but when they dont point out Gerrards blatent cheating or carraghers uselessly timed challenges, it makes you wonder how long it takes for them to polish their large rose-tinted glasses...

I will admit to the fact that I'm incredibly biased but I don't think Fellaini should have been sent off. At the moment they both reach the ball, Fellaini is still standing, so obviously he got there first because the other guy found it necessary to slide in, stretched legs, two feet forward, and still only got to the ball second. It was an incredibly dangerous tackle which will get you a red card no matter who or what you end up hitting. Maybe if Fellaini hadn't stepped on his leg, his ankle would have gotten the full impact and he'd be out for longer than a season.

The greek put himself in a situation to get hurt there. To me saying Fellaini should have been sent off is like prosecuting a train operator because someone committed suicide by jumping in front of his train (OK, somewhat of a hyperbole :) ).

I will admit to the fact that I'm incredibly biased but I don't think Fellaini should have been sent off. At the moment they both reach the ball, Fellaini is still standing, so obviously he got there first because the other guy found it necessary to slide in, stretched legs, two feet forward, and still only got to the ball second. It was an incredibly dangerous tackle which will get you a red card no matter who or what you end up hitting. Maybe if Fellaini hadn't stepped on his leg, his ankle would have gotten the full impact and he'd be out for longer than a season.

The greek put himself in a situation to get hurt there. To me saying Fellaini should have been sent off is like prosecuting a train operator because someone committed suicide by jumping in front of his train (OK, somewhat of a hyperbole :) ).

you are very biased! Felli's legs are long enough to have streched a little further and not stood on the guy, but I agree that in standing on him (its not a stamp in my opinion)he maybe slowed down the greek foot and saved himself further injury. You cant argue though, Felli's foot goes down just above the ankle of the defender and as such, though maybe not malicious, is still a dangerous tackle....