IGNORED

Yak Vs Saha

Memmaclub

I don't want to drag too heavily through the pro's and con's of either as my opinion is heavily weighted towards Yak and I personally think saha is not god enough for enough of the time.

Anyway purely based on the the performance against liverpool I really believe that Saha needs to be dropped and Yak bought back. When the ball was sent upfront to saha it rarely sticks I think Yak is better target man and with the one opportunity he did have (a half chance) he nearly got us a draw.

I don't think Yak looked any lazily than saha has of late.

1 bad performance compared to Yaks countless lazy strolls?! This is a no brainer for me, Saha all the way...

Yak, on his day, if he tries, is an excellent striker. But these performances are few and far between. Saha, despite being injured most of the time, still puts in his shift (derby excepted - terrible performance i agree) and has some incredible skill. I would like to see Saha behind Yak maybe, Saha doing the graft and Yak just banging them in. But if DM is going to stay with 1 striker, Saha.

Saha had a horrible game vs the team I don't like to write down, but then again who played well offensively. Yes Yak had a shot, but I think overall right now I would rather have King Louis out there starting. I wouldn't mind seeing someone up with him whether that is yak, or even cahill or landon. Either way it was a terrible offensive game and we need to get right back up for chelsea. Yak will get his chances as we all know that Louis will need a break or get knicked up hopefully, knock on wood, not hurt.

Right now I think its wortha change. Saha has been crap and sulking for around a month so I think bringing Yak in would maybe show him he isnt always 1st choice and if he wants to start he has to put in the shift.

Having said that Yakubu is well off full fitness IMO. He has the occassional glimmer but his touch, control and passing which are normally excellent have been well off.

I honestly believe that on recent performances you could start any of the 4 strikers we have (Yak, Saha, JV, Vic) and they would all do a similar job, although if I had to put my money on someone to put away a chance then it would probably be Saha everytime, closely followed by the Yak.

Well put Bailey. I do like the idea of showing Saha that he needs to earn it. I do believe all of our strikers are not playing well right now. WHat about throwing Cahill back up top and running Landon and someone else in behind him. That way we can utilize our 500 midfielders we have.

Weighing up the situation the Yak isnt fit. Saha looks dis-interested at playing a lone stricker.

To remedy this put the yak through hell at trainning. It puts pressure on Saha to start trying more. Against the top 3 i would have Yakubu as he is more physical but everyone else Saha has to be in.

Well put Bailey. I do like the idea of showing Saha that he needs to earn it. I do believe all of our strikers are not playing well right now. WHat about throwing Cahill back up top and running Landon and someone else in behind him. That way we can utilize our 500 midfielders we have.

Interesting ideas. I don't know how keen Moyes would be to revert to last season's tactics of playing sans striker, but who knows, we did seem to do pretty well with it.

To the topic, I can't see how anyone can favor Yak over Saha. Saha is brilliant. He has the ability to score goals from nothing as well as handle service. Yak has only the latter. With both fit, Saha is the clear choice. Although starting Yak once in a while might prevent either from being lazy.

Interesting ideas. I don't know how keen Moyes would be to revert to last season's tactics of playing sans striker, but who knows, we did seem to do pretty well with it.

To the topic, I can't see how anyone can favor Yak over Saha. Saha is brilliant. He has the ability to score goals from nothing as well as handle service. Yak has only the latter. With both fit, Saha is the clear choice. Although starting Yak once in a while might prevent either from being lazy.

To be honest I surprised you can see anything with your head up your backside. Yak nearly scored on saturday by creating something out of nothing. Saha just plodded around being a knob

Edited by Memmaclub

Saha has every attribute i.e. skill, pace, strength, finishing etc

Yak has finishing ability only.

He is a big lump of a man but I don't think he really uses size to its full advantage. Nor is he quick. Nor is he skillful.

Saha every time.

Thats the only thing i would disagree with. If he used it aswel as he could, Yak has got bags of skill. See the pompey game two seasons ago, he dropped back did loads of deft touches and turns. We shredded them that day, Yak had a huge smile. Notice the missing trait?

Thats the only thing i would disagree with. If he used it aswel as he could, Yak has got bags of skill. See the pompey game two seasons ago, he dropped back did loads of deft touches and turns. We shredded them that day, Yak had a huge smile. Notice the missing trait?

Doesnt compare to Saha's bag of tricks.

One other thing that i thought off, Saha for the most part stays on his feet. Yak, despite his size and strength goes down easier than a hooker... Hooker probably scores more too...

Doesnt compare to Saha's bag of tricks.

One other thing that i thought off, Saha for the most part stays on his feet. Yak, despite his size and strength goes down easier than a hooker... Hooker probably scores more too...

Im not disagreeing at all. I was just emphasising that yak hasn't not got skill, he just chooses sometimes to hide it. I do agree that he hits the floor way too easily for someone of his size. If he showed commitment in stand on his feet and playing the ball, i think we could see a vast improvement from the big guys play. However for the last two seasons, ive seen no evidence to suggest he will.

Saha is a better player. But the Yak isn't as useless as people make out.

saha has looked disinterested the last couple of games, going all the way back to the arsenal one. i even didn't think he played very well during the man city game, even though he scored a pen, and it was hard to look bad that day with even bily looking amazing. thought it was due to him sulking about a contract, but i thought once he got one before the liverpool game that he'd perk up and start playing better again, but no. you guys have to remember that yak is still not back to his best as he is coming back from a nasty injury. you all say he's a lazy bag of crap based solely on his performances this season when he's still on the recovery trail from that injury, but do none of you remember what he was like before his injury? he was playing out of his skin and after all he was the last player for us to score 20+ goals in a season. yak should start playing more so that he can work his way back to his best and also so that saha will get a kick up his backside and stop moping around every time he's out on the field for us

saha has looked disinterested the last couple of games, going all the way back to the arsenal one. i even didn't think he played very well during the man city game, even though he scored a pen, and it was hard to look bad that day with even bily looking amazing. thought it was due to him sulking about a contract, but i thought once he got one before the liverpool game that he'd perk up and start playing better again, but no. you guys have to remember that yak is still not back to his best as he is coming back from a nasty injury. you all say he's a lazy bag of crap based solely on his performances this season when he's still on the recovery trail from that injury, but do none of you remember what he was like before his injury? he was playing out of his skin and after all he was the last player for us to score 20+ goals in a season. yak should start playing more so that he can work his way back to his best and also so that saha will get a kick up his backside and stop moping around every time he's out on the field for us

For me saha is no better than a squad player and is now taking a place that should be used for Yak to become fit again and vaughn to be given a chance 2 year contract is a joke

All of our strikers have the misfortune of playing in our system which is designed around them running into the channels chasing hoofballs and flicks and holding the ball up for the midfield.

A lack of creativity in the centre since Arteta's injury has forced that upon us. Pienaar is creative, but his passing is nowhere near on par with Arteta's.

Comparing Yak and Saha is probably unfair until they both get a run out with Arteta this season.

For me saha is no better than a squad player and is now taking a place that should be used for Yak to become fit again and vaughn to be given a chance 2 year contract is a joke

seriously? this seasons leading goal scorer despite missing games through injury? er..... :unsure:

Yak was apparently saying that he's just getting back to full fitness now (Anichebe on ETV)... Let's hope this means he'll start running around more and working the opposition!

this just mean he can go down quicker, no? He cant start running around more, simply because he doesnt know how to run yet! He does work the opposition because he is a big bastard and is very strong but im yet to see any determination or commitment from him.

Put Yak up front with Saha behind him doing the leg work, which he does do a lot of (i reckon its just that in the last 2-3 games hes not been in the right place when the balls being played). These 2 could be a good partnership, though i am concerned about ego's clashing....

Yak vs Saha.....what, as to which one plays so Everton have more chance of winning! not that simple really.

Enter into the equation Cahill, if he's playing, he probably needs to be behind the striker, so who plays best with him ?

We have four strikers Saha, Yak, Vaughan and Anichebe.Out of those four, one will probably always be injured at any one time, one will start the game the other two will be on the bench.Now we have 7 subs I'd take all four of them if fit, Anichebe has been used in midfield at a push and I'm sure Vaughans speed down a wing could be usefull, if that was what was required.Strikers win games, whilst Cahill's a major factor of the team, Moyes will probably play one striker ahead of him....which one! I'd say the one who's form is best, whos whacking them in in training and looking confident.When he slips, bring on another, depending on the opponents.

If Cahills playing poorly, get him off and you've got striker options.We've got a dam good squad when they are all fit (Arteta), and ready (Jagielka).....The Saha vs Yak debate depends on too many other things really ie service and opponents, both Saha and the Yak on their day can rip a defence to shreds or quite easily fail to even run for the ball, how can Moyes know which to choose, he must go on gut feeling and the form in the previous games/training sessions.

My thoughts would be work harder at creating chances for whichever striker gets the nod, if they don't put the effort in, get them off and stick another one on.I don't care who scores for Everton, but they wont score without people creating chances.

I'd try the Yak for a couple of games now, and have Saha, Vic and JV on the bench ready.

I'd also make sure Cahill understood the importance his role is in the structure of the whole Everton thing at present......I'm sure he knows without us telling him, but it really is the simple......I think :unsure:

I completely agree. Yakubu has all the physical and technical skills needed to be the perfect striker for Everton when the ball is played to his feet. Unfortunately we dont see that smile enough! I dont mind Yakubu not working as hard when the oppo have the ball as long as he puts in the work when we do have it such as channel running but more importantly IMO dropping deep and laying the ball off to the midfield. If he pressured the ball when it was near him (and not the token gesture jog) and tried to cover angles when the ball is being pressured by someone else I wouldnt mind. I dont expect him to drop deep and chase everything.

IMO Saha at the moment is dropping very deep, which isnt good when Cahill is also deep. Its all well and good getting back and helping out but we still need an outlet upfield so that if we do play a ball over the top there is at least someone there to slow down how fast it comes back. From my point of view it looks as if Saha is getting frustrated at not getting enough ball along the floor, or in fact any decent service at all and is therefore searching for the ball. This means he is out of position when we do win the ball, allowing their defence to push up and leaving us without a proper striker. Thats why I think Vaughan could be one of our best strikers because he works the CB's not the midfield, as AJ did. If AJ had any sort of strength or finishing ability he could have scored hat-fuls...

Are you guys all for real ? slagging Saha off, shows how much you understand about the game.

Was just about to say the same thing.

Those who say Saha is crap can have no understanding of the game and are probably the same people that thought AJ was the answer.

As for Yak, he can be good on his day but those days are few and far between. Oh and his first touch is woeful.

Are you guys all for real ? slagging Saha off, shows how much you understand about the game.

Claiming Saha to be a world beater shows certain people know nothing about the game. So last night lets look at his performace.

Chance one simple header any decent striker should captilise their.

Missed Pen with poor penalty

3rd chance drives ball into ground could have gone anywhere.

4th chance good anticipation but awful; mistake by terry to let him in and keeper should have saved it

I reiterate saha is a GOOD prem striker on his day but his injury proness and age make me think we should be investing the first team playing time into Yak or Vaughn (I don't rate Vic as first team)

Edited by Memmaclub

Claiming Saha to be a world beater shows certain people know nothing about the game. So last night lets look at his performace.

4th chance good anticipation but awful; mistake by terry to let him in and keeper should have saved it

I reiterate saha is a GOOD prem striker on his day but his injury proness and age make me think we should be investing the first team playing time into Yak or Vaughn (I don't rate Vic as first team)

So you missed the hold up play and all round general quality that he showed last night then?

Saha at the top of his game is almost the equal to almost any premiership striker. He does lack consistancy though.

Perhaps not quite as a good as a Rooney, Torres, Van Persie or Drogba but I'd put him above the likes of Defoe, Jones, Eduardo etc.

men we could debate this forever. No need to get upset. It's called an opinion for a reason. I don't care who starts or who scores goals. I want to see three points added to the table next to the Everton name after every game and if that means Neville at striker :P then so be it. That was a joke by the way.

I think you are being amazingly harsh on Saha there

I havent had the benefit of seeing the game on the box because I didnt get back in time to see MotD but IMO it was a great header for his first goal, ggod run to lose his marker then a powerful glancing header. To fob it off as an easy chance that anyone could have scored is harsh

Fair enough it was a poor pen but his second goal was a superb strike yes Terry was at fault but then Saha controlled it superbly and with the power he got into the shot the keeper stood no chance it was past him before he even saw it. So to say the keeper should have had it is ridiculous

Saha has been poor for the past few weeks but give him credit where it is due he put in a really good performance last night and chipped in with 2 well taken goals

15 goals so far this season isn't bad for a squad player is it? ;). Think of the money you have to pay for a striker who can 15+ goals a season and we got him for buttons. I'm extremely grateful that we took the gamble on Saha because without his goals earlier in the season when we were worse than shite I dread to think where we'd be in the league. But Saha and his goals have given us a slight chance of still making Europe at the end of the season. Give him the credit he deserves and swallow your pride.

men we could debate this forever. No need to get upset. It's called an opinion for a reason. I don't care who starts or who scores goals. I want to see three points added to the table next to the Everton name after every game and if that means Neville at striker :P then so be it. That was a joke by the way.

Memmaclub sayed he will not be swayed in this matter. so it is not debatable for him.

then it is no longer an opinion but a dogma.

Saha's 14 and 15th goal. he must be one of the 5 best strikers in the PL this season.

On top of that, we got him extremly cheap, regardless of what he makes per week.

So you missed the hold up play and all round general quality that he showed last night then?

Saha at the top of his game is almost the equal to almost any premiership striker. He does lack consistancy though.

Perhaps not quite as a good as a Rooney, Torres, Van Persie or Drogba but I'd put him above the likes of Defoe, Jones, Eduardo etc.

In my opinion, I'd put him in the company of those guys. I think any one of them would love tto be playing with the speed and strength he does at HIS age. One of the articles I read compared him to an unplayable bully. That's simply "awesome" (in the biblical sense, not the Venice Beach sense), and I take pride in having a player of his ability that wants to be here. That being said, I love the way Yak plays as well, and want nothing more than to see him bangin them in again.

Pull your head out of your ass, even if for a second. Saha is class. A couple of poor games don't negate the fact that we've only won a single match this year in which Saha was not played. You may now resume your default position (head in ass).