IGNORED

Who Would You Keep A Toffee Blue?

bs392762

We all know that Pineaar's contract is up at the end of the campaign. We have also heard talks about Felli leaving. I know that Landon is new to the club and that I have an American biasis, but he is playing pretty good right now and I think he is a very good player to have. If you were Moyes who would be your top targets to keep and also financially what would be the best for the club?

We all know that Pineaar's contract is up at the end of the campaign. We have also heard talks about Felli leaving. I know that Landon is new to the club and that I have an American biasis, but he is playing pretty good right now and I think he is a very good player to have. If you were Moyes who would be your top targets to keep and also financially what would be the best for the club?

end of next season right? He is the most important player to tie down, he would be the most difficult to replace. Screech isnt going anywhere for now. I would love to have Donovan (im marrying an american in the sunmmer, so im starting to feel some affiliation with the US players!) but he's not yet proven himself to the same extent that Pienaar has, so on that alone Pienaar all the way. But i dont see why we couldnt secure both (depending on the asking price of LD)...

Didn't we also just spend £10m on a Russian midfielder? IMO all three (Donovan, Pienaar, Bily) can play the same position, and all three are too good for one of them to be a bench player. I don't think Moyes will spend any more than the rumoured £3m on Donovan because if the main objective is to retain Pienaar, then Donovan will probably be benched most of the time next season. And Moyes wouldn't spend more than 3m (if that) on someone who he envisages sitting on the bench.

Pienaar - Arteta - Fellaini - Bily ... Pienaar/Donovan - Arteta - Fellaini - Bily ... Donovan - Arteta - Fellaini - Bily/Pienaar

Didn't we also just spend £10m on a Russian midfielder? IMO all three (Donovan, Pienaar, Bily) can play the same position, and all three are too good for one of them to be a bench player. I don't think Moyes will spend any more than the rumoured £3m on Donovan because if the main objective is to retain Pienaar, then Donovan will probably be benched most of the time next season. And Moyes wouldn't spend more than 3m (if that) on someone who he envisages sitting on the bench.

Pienaar - Arteta - Fellaini - Bily ... Pienaar/Donovan - Arteta - Fellaini - Bily ... Donovan - Arteta - Fellaini - Bily/Pienaar

he spent 5.5mill on Distin who is Distined (see what i did there, 'ey 'ey :P ) for the bench when Jags is back, 3 million is buttons...

I am a person who hates when people just rip on players, but Distin is not playing well at all right now. I don't like to throw people under the bus, but Distin is not worth the 5.5 million because as soon as Jags get's back we can pair him with Johhny and be just fine. We could really use Distin's money for better purposes.

i feel this summer could bea big one for the club.

the chances are we won't have european football next season which will affect budget and players with ambition will leave.

i believe pienaar is waiting for the world cup and will then hope for a big club possibly with cl pedigree to come in 10-15mill and he will be gone.

rodwell will also consider leaving but i hope being a local lad will give us one more season.

i feel distin was a waste of transfer fees as senderos was available for loan in the summer as was neill who could have both done as good a job.

he has no saleability now so any extra money moyes dragged out of city was just wasted.

moyes wil need to rebuild the squad with a few new names already started with mucha and maybe beckford coming senderos on a free will also be good business as this will allow us to offload yobo.

in all potential sales of 35-40mill will allow moyes to bring in adequate replacemnets for what are really squad players.

i feel this summer could bea big one for the club.

the chances are we won't have european football next season which will affect budget and players with ambition will leave.

i believe pienaar is waiting for the world cup and will then hope for a big club possibly with cl pedigree to come in 10-15mill and he will be gone.

rodwell will also consider leaving but i hope being a local lad will give us one more season.

i feel distin was a waste of transfer fees as senderos was available for loan in the summer as was neill who could have both done as good a job.

he has no saleability now so any extra money moyes dragged out of city was just wasted.

moyes wil need to rebuild the squad with a few new names already started with mucha and maybe beckford coming senderos on a free will also be good business as this will allow us to offload yobo.

in all potential sales of 35-40mill will allow moyes to bring in adequate replacemnets for what are really squad players.

I bet some French or Italian side would pay a decent fee for his services. We may not quite receive the fee he came for but 3-4mil would be fairly easily attainable IMO.

Have you spoken with Rodwell about leaving? I'm pretty sure he's come out and said several times that he's staying put. Sure, in a few more years he will receive a lot more attention from bigger clubs. Truth is, he hasn't had a spectacular campaign this year and with injuries easing for us, will have to play a lot better to make the bench much less a start.

Where the hell did you get 35-40 mil from. Even if we sell Pienaar for 15 (which probably won't be got for him) that still leaves another 15-30 million in sales...Rodwell,at 19 is NOT worth 15-30 million to another club. To us, he's worth that much because we feel the need to be compensated for the loss of his potential, but at this point it is just potential and won't be worth much until it is recognized.

Have you spoken with Rodwell about leaving? I'm pretty sure he's come out and said several times that he's staying put. Sure, in a few more years he will receive a lot more attention from bigger clubs. Truth is, he hasn't had a spectacular campaign this year and with injuries easing for us, will have to play a lot better to make the bench much less a start.

Where the hell did you get 35-40 mil from. Even if we sell Pienaar for 15 (which probably won't be got for him) that still leaves another 15-30 million in sales...Rodwell,at 19 is NOT worth 15-30 million to another club. To us, he's worth that much because we feel the need to be compensated for the loss of his potential, but at this point it is just potential and won't be worth much until it is recognized.

Going to have to disagree with you there. Personally, I don't think we should sell Jack, even if that means being quieter in the transfer market. However, should the unfortunate event happen that we do sell Jack, he is worth 15-30 million, probably more. The transfer fee for a youngester at his age, a player in the first team for a top club like Everton, playing very well on top of that in most matches, and the media influence claiming he'll be a future England captain whilst also playing for the U21s when he is only 18, should demand a MASSIVE transfer fee. If I were in charge and somebody came offering any less than 30 million, I would say no. In fact I would probably demand 40-50+ for our 'future England captain' :)

On top of that, say Manchester City or Real Madrid come offering some ridiculous sum of money, i.e. 60+, then if they are willing to offer that sum of money then that's how much he's worth.

Still I hope the board doesn't sell him, he should be one of the players we should be building our team around for the future.

Theres no decision to make there because they both have stated several times they arent leaving this summer. Were not getting Donovan cause the mls is going to ask for atleast 6 million which is outrageous. Pienar is the only problem and hes waiting for the world cup. I think you sell yak and pick up another stiker with his fee. And if Pienar has a big world cup we sell him for that 10-15 mil and pick up a just as good midfielder. If we can get that much money for him he is replaceable. If we get less then that then he's not replaceable

Theres no decision to make there because they both have stated several times they arent leaving this summer. Were not getting Donovan cause the mls is going to ask for atleast 6 million which is outrageous. Pienar is the only problem and hes waiting for the world cup. I think you sell yak and pick up another stiker with his fee. And if Pienar has a big world cup we sell him for that 10-15 mil and pick up a just as good midfielder. If we can get that much money for him he is replaceable. If we get less then that then he's not replaceable

Gotta disagree with you about Landon. He's easily worth 6 million. We paid 5 million for Distin and Landon has done more good in 5 matches that Distin has in 1/2 a season. Also, he's a regular international (read: US captain), has pace on the wing and an attacking vision. That's worth 6 million in my book. I say sell Yobo and Vic (those two should fetch 3-4 million each) and use that money to sign up Lando and maybe another 1-2 mil Championship gem.

Gotta disagree with you about Landon. He's easily worth 6 million. We paid 5 million for Distin and Landon has done more good in 5 matches that Distin has in 1/2 a season. Also, he's a regular international (read: US captain), has pace on the wing and an attacking vision. That's worth 6 million in my book. I say sell Yobo and Vic (those two should fetch 3-4 million each) and use that money to sign up Lando and maybe another 1-2 mil Championship gem.

gotta agree with this. LD has been fantastic and if anything is even worth the money of Billy. Thing is, were going to negotiate with a league not a club (from how i understand it) so surely we're just buying him out of his contract, which would mean the transfer fee has got to be lower? Either way, i want him playing for us next season and not just for another loan spell. When does his loan spell finish, and if needed is it possible to extend it?

Edited by galacticaracnid

His loan is supposed to end when MLS season starts which is late march. The 25th is the first game here in the states. He is on a 10 week loan. By the way I understand also Everton would be dealing with a contract through the MLS, but not 100% sure on that. I think he is worth every penny of 6 million. He is way better than Billy right now and like bluenoseyankee said he has done more than Distin has all season. Landon is finally ready for prem league and can make a big difference. Having him team with Cahill and then running pineaar, felli, and artetta in behind would be awesome.

Next season would be a dream to have:

Howard

Neville Heitinga Jags Baines

Felli

Artetta Pineaar

Donovan Cahill

Saha

Then you could bring in Osman, Rodwell, an improved Coleman, Gosling, Hibbert, Yak, and others. I PRAY FOR NO INJURIES

Edited by Across the Pond

If we sold Yak and Yobo (15-20mill??) brought in Beckford and Senderos on a free that would leave us enough to buy a decent RB and Landon and thats not taking in Sky and league money.. My Team would be:

Howard

Neville Heitinga Jags Baines

Felli

Pineaar Arteta Billy

Cahill

Saha

Bench From:

Turner, Senderos, Distan, Coleman Rodwell, Gosling, Osman, Landon, Vaughan, Beckford

Scouse not to start anything or make you mad, but I think Landon has to be in the lineup. He has been playing really well and being an American and seeing him a lot more I think he is ready for this. He attacks people, has the pace to run by people, and can deliver balls (as we have seen with corners). He is worthy of the starting eleven.

P.S. Landon should have taken his P.K. the other day. He is the leading international goal scorer for the U.S.A. for a few reasons, but a main one is that he scores P.K.'s like it's his job, oh wait it is. No offense to the King, but he should not be taking our P.K.'s.

P.S. Landon should have taken his P.K. the other day. He is the leading international goal scorer for the U.S.A. for a few reasons, but a main one is that he scores P.K.'s like it's his job, oh wait it is. No offense to the King, but he should not be taking our P.K.'s.

There's a bit of a queue there I think. Arteta's been the main taker (since the AJ Kharkiv night :unsure: ) and Baines has taken some without missing.

Also it's possible Phil Neville will fancy another go after the semi last year :lol: . God help us :mellow: .

There's a bit of a queue there I think. Arteta's been the main taker (since the AJ Kharkiv night :unsure: ) and Baines has taken some without missing.

Also it's possible Phil Neville will fancy another go after the semi last year :lol: . God help us :mellow: .

Jagielka has also proven he doesn't miss in pressure situations.

I'm pretty confident in everyone taking a penalty except : Howard, Hibbert, Yobo, Distin, Senderos, Fellaini, Yakubu, Vaughan and Saha.

We have got to tie down Pienaar before the world cup, i fear that if we don't and he has a good competition, he will be gone. At least if he is tied into a long contract, it will cost another team to get him, we need to be proactive with Pienaar not reactive like we have been in the past!