IGNORED

1st Time Going

tommyb

Hey lads,

I'm not a huge football fan but my 9 year old son is a big Everton fan so I'm bringing him to the game on Wednesday coming over from Dublin.

I was just wondering if we would make a train after the game for 22.56 at Bidston as we are getting it to Holyhead. if we got a taxi outside the ground right after the game, where is the best place to flag a taxi after a game? Google maps says Bidston is only 15mins away in a taxi.

thanks

Tommy

Edited by tommyb

Hey lads,

I'm not a huge football fan but my 9 year old son is a big Everton fan so I'm bringing him to the game on Wednesday coming over from Dublin.

I was just wondering if we would make a train after the game for 22.56 at Bidston as we are getting it to Holyhead. if we got a taxi outside the ground right after the game, where is the best place to flag a taxi after a game? Google maps says Bidston is only 15mins away in a taxi.

thanks

Tommy

Do you have your own private Jet. :o

I take it you mean Bidston on the Wirral.

I'm not sure if Merseyrail goes to and from Sandhills, but i know you can get a train from Central station to West Kirby and Bidston on the Wirral, But it will take you longer than 15 minutes.

Wont it just be the reverse of how you get there.??

Hey lads,

thanks

Tommy

15 mins might be possible if there is noone on the road and you get every traffic light green, but would include a little speeding too! Assuming that you get out of the ground around 10pm, with the crowd that follows, i think you would be ok for the 22:56 train, but you would be best walking to the end of Walton lane (if i remember the roads correctly - the one down the back of the Park End) then get your taxi, so that there arent too many people in the way. From there, 20-30 mins max (barring anything crazy happening!). Best of luck mate, from an envious Blue!

honestly, i havent been home when theres been a match on in several years, so ive no idea what the roads/trains are like at the moment. maybe best getting a taxi to James St then getting the train from there, think theyre every 30 mins though...

Im going to leave it to the regulars to help ya, im just a little bored and throwing ideas out there!