IGNORED

Please Lord Help Distin Survive

bs392762

Distin is just causing my life to be full of nervousness with every minute of a game that he plays in. I wish we could sell him for whatever price and move on. Sorry but he just isn't going to cut it in the prem anymore. We need Jags back paired with Johnny.

youve not been an Evertonian long then! This is what supporting the blues is all about; high blood pressure, frustration, no fingernails!

That being said, i agree with you. But dont worry, next season we will have Jags and Johnny as our starting CBs, along with a fit again Arteta and Screech. Who knows, maybe a few new faces too!

You are sort of correct. I have only been an Evertonian for 5 years now and I understand this is how I always feel, but Distin is just killing me slowly.

You must put on your blue glasses to say that we will have parts for next season. I will not say what we will have for sure until next season rolls around. I really do look forward to Jags and Heitinga in the back and Mikel controlling the game.

5 years huh? lucky you! I remember being a fan (though i was naturally born blue) only from the beginning of the Premiership, so after all the glory days. Pretty much from Mike Walker onwards, though the Royle years gave a little restbite...

im not wearing my tinted specs, im just hoping that we get our break with injuries. I am an eternal optimist with Everton since Moyes took over and i do trust him. Distin is here for a purpose; he is an experienced big bastard that filled a whole left with not much time to fill it. It was either him, Huth or Dunne as far as i remember and, despite the heart in throat moments, he is a decent player and i would prefer him over the other 2.

Also, he is a great example for the youngsters! ;)

I recon Distin is doing the best he can, sure perhaps not as good as Jagielka at his best, but while he's in a Blus shirt and giving 100% I recon we need to back him.

No mention of Yobo!....I think he'd walk into most prem teams and I hope he still has a future at Everton.

Let's also not expect too much from Jagielka when he first comes back.It will surely take him time to reach the level he was at when he got injured, Arteta is a good example, glad he's back and he needs the games, but to be honest, he's going to need time.

Apart from the sending off, i genuinely thought that Distin had one of his better games. So that's the beauty of opinions eh? He deffinitely made his presemce felt, i could name 3 people who had shockers yesterday and he was not one of them.

Distin played very well until the 88th. I honestly was happy to see him score again...he'd been doing much better in his last couple of appearances. We can't fault him for simply not being as good as Jags or Heits, as long as he's playing his heart out I'll be happy (and no more gifted goals please!).

im 23 been a season ticket holder since i was 4 and goin grey since i was 18....growin up in the 90s and early 00s shafted my youthful looks!

P.S. i at least half blame rodwell for the goal it was the shittest pass and you dont thump it at a cb especially one that resembles a baby elephant with a broken leg

Edited by marcopaulo

...i at least half blame rodwell for the goal it was the shittest pass and you dont thump it at a cb especially one that resembles a baby elephant with a broken leg

Big argument between the two guys next to me over whose fault it was....one saying it was a back-pass and Distin should have got out of the way, the other saying it was just an overhit pass. I agreed with the second view at the time and having seen it back I still think Rodwell takes 80% of the blame.

im not wearing my tinted specs, im just hoping that we get our break with injuries. I am an eternal optimist with Everton since Moyes took over and i do trust him. Distin is here for a purpose; he is an experienced big bastard that filled a whole left with not much time to fill it. It was either him, Huth or Dunne as far as i remember and, despite the heart in throat moments, he is a decent player and i would prefer him over the other 2.

Really? I'd have Dunne over Distin in a minute. Dunne has had a fantastic season and is a model captain, which we can't say we've had this year.

Really? I'd have Dunne over Distin in a minute. Dunne has had a fantastic season and is a model captain, which we can't say we've had this year.

I think Johnny would be a prime candidate, im pretty sure he was captain for the Cloggie national team at some point. Dont get me wrong, i like Dunne and wouldve been happy if we had got him instead. The thing is though, with Johnny coming in and Jags coming back, Distin was only ever going to play this season and then warm the bench from then on. He is by no means a world class defender but he has lots of premiership experience, he is strong and like i said before, he is a big bastard who takes up a lot of space. He is a plug to help give us some options in defence.

despite saying all that, i wouldve sold Distin and kept Neill on. Good bit of business but a good player lost...

i remember one tackle in particular when he came across when johnny got dragged out towards midfield and left a bit of a gap and he just launched himself at obertan! best moment of his everton career so far for me! more performances like that and i will feel more confident in him!

there was another moment too when Pip was left for dead, he came to cover with a fantastic tackle. it was in the area and as soon as i saw him going to slide my heart was in my mouth but he completely took the ball and nothing of the player. He does still make me nervous but has also put in some very good performances recently!