IGNORED

We're Back!

java2001e

We are the only premiership side to take points off chelsea, we've won at birmingham and our loss to middlesboro of 0-1 looks pretty good now theyve stuffed manu 4-1.

Everton are a great club and deserve better support than theyve been getting from certain quarters. its when a club is having a tough time it needs its supporters and its then you find out who the real supporters are!

all the bellyachers who've complained about the manager and the team over the past month or so, (their mantra - 'excuse me for having an opinion'), are the kind of supporter NO TEAM NEEDS OR WANTS.

feel free to go & support chelsea.

most of us kept faith with moyes and the boys. and they are showing their commitment and what they can do.

and its moyeses much criticised new boys that are doing their stuff. this is just the start.

WE'RE BACK AND WE'RE NOT GOING AWAY!

If you believe that there has not been cause to complain about OUR team over the past month or so, then you've let your standards and expectations for OUR club drop way too far.....(although I believe questioning moyes as manager was not called for)

Thought vdm was great today & yobo's only a couple of silly mistakes away from being one of the best in the league.......even beattie had a decent game I thought, although duncan's performance seemed very strange to me!

4 or 6 points from the next two games are achievable and if we can do that (taking into the account our game in hand) we will be looking far more comfortable.....

Lastly, thought the players throwing their shirts into the crowd today was a great way of acknowleding the fans......maybe we should try play all our game in the silver strip for a while!!!

Guest fozzie22

yeah think its a bit too soon to run to the bookies putting cash on our premier league win...

for fucks sake calm down,take a pill and realise that this threadbare squad is not good enough if we get hit by injuries again,surely even the most bluest of bluenoses can see that.

i was well chuffed that we won,had a draw down tbh,and yes its nice to see that midfielder that spurs let go score for once(i say that because spairs have mopped up just about every single transfer listed midfielder going,yet chose to let him go..).

Moyes did indeed need to be questioned,he looked like a rabbit caught in healights,and as i say 1 win doesnt make a season,our overall record since last xmas is risable,cant off the top of my head think what it is noww,but its relgation form thats for sure(thank god for summer breaks)

Yes, it was a good victory and from what I saw we had a few chance and deserved it. But, lets not get all carried away. Anyjoy our victory, but let see what happens over the next 4 weeks to really see if were moving forward and put our NIGHTMARE start to the season behind us

Still worryinly is the fact that we still onlyscored 1 goal.

Created a few changes in the first half and could have been 2 or 3 up at the end.

However we still missed about 3 or 4 GOOD chances to score and nice to see that we had the luck to hang onto the 1 goal lead.

Thought VDm was great in the first half but went a bit quite in the second when we were defending more. Should some great control and his passing was good yesterday and showed he was willing to get back and defend as well.

Still a long way to go but another couple of wins and maybe can put the first part of the season behind us.

Fozz said.....,our overall record since last xmas is risable, cant off the top of my head think what it is now, but its relgation form thats for sure.

Its 28 points from 24 league games since 1st january. :lol: and i agree.... relegation form.

Guest fozzie22
i know we aint done the best, but i always believe more points than games you play is safe to stay in the prem. and 28 from 24 is not relegation form, it s not got enough, but it isnt relegation

if thats not relegation form i dont know what is :lol:

but i take your point that its better to have more than a point a game,tbh i'll be glad to see the back of 2005

if thats not relegation form i dont know what is :lol:

it 4 points out of 6, and thats a big turnaround.

and thats with all the injury problems that weve still got.

:lol:

We cant complain about injuries. Every club gets them - we got lucky with them last year and we are unlucky with them this year - but thats football, thats life.

28 points from 24 games (thats a maximum of 72 points) - is nothing short of dreadful and it has been largely masked by our finish in the league last year. But the form books always tell the truth and at the moment our form is bottom of the league. It may well turn round - the Chelsea game may indeed prove to be decisive this season.

Hopefully, Boro will be tired on sunday after playing Utd this weekend, Europe on thursday and then travelling to us on Sunday morning....

I think that it is still too early to be able to say that we can challenge for a european spot as we simply haven't gelled yet - in my opinion.

We are still missing chances that we would have easily tucked away last term and we should be seeing sides like the brum off...

I am more than happy that we won on Saturday. In fact - made up...lets just hope that they can do it again against Boro - on my Birthday!!! And yes - I will be there and YES - they will spoil my day if they get beat! :D

Becasue of the wholesale changes to the squad this summer, I have said before the first ball kicked this season that we would struggle for the first couple of months.

I think our euro exits and some of the unlucky breaks dealt to us in such a short period of time, have helped make the start even worst than I expected.

In the majority of our games I don't think we have played that 'bad' allthough a couple of performances have been poor.

I now think the out fall of our european adventure is behind us now. The squad is now coming together, and our injury list is getting smaller.

We all know we are a striker short(especially with Beattie being injured), and lack of goal has been our main achillies heel.

Confidence has been low, but I now think it's back on track.

Our new player (who in the most cases have had a huge change in their lives, living out of hotels, trying to arrange a new home for the familiy etc) our now starting to bed in.

VDM is looking like he could be a very good signing, and Simon Davies had his best game for us on Saturday. (Fozzie - You mentioned Davies leaving Spurs - I think it was a move that brough Jol some money, and Davies needed a change from Spurs, when Davies was at Spur he was always in the first 11 when fit.)

Our next two prem games are both very winnable, and bar Man U away the remaining 6 games before January, are games we could also pick up points.

I fully expect to really start to see the real Everton in the run up to Xmas/New Year.

I have been slightly concerned at our lack of point up to now, but I think the next 8-10 games will

Last year we could ONLY really play 4-5-1, but this season we are now maybe 1 player (striker) off a good 4-4-2 team.

just been reading back over these posts and wonder how most people did at at Maths in school, i know it wasnt my favourite subject, but how you can come up with this statement beggars belief......""its 4 points out of 6, and thats a big turnaround""(java). Thats basing our season on the last two games, why not base it on one game and say we will be champions, 100 % record 3 point from 3 points. :P

If we get the same 28 points from the next 24 games, it will come to total of 35 points with 5 games to go, 40points is usually the safety mark, so i'm not convinced we would stay up.

Looking at it from this seasons games....7 points from every 9 games, would give us a total 28 points from 36 games and that is deffo relegation.

So you can gloss over all the cracks by quoting our points return over 2 games, but if you think that by taking a point off Chelsea, and 3 off a shit brum team means we are out of trouble you had better think again. I shall see what return we get from the next ten games before i am swayed one way or the other.

just been reading back over these posts and wonder how most people did at at Maths in school, i know it wasnt my favourite subject, but how you can come up with this statement beggars belief......""its 4 points out of 6, and thats a big turnaround""(java). Thats basing our season on the last two games, why not base it on one game and say we will be champions, 100 % record 3 point from 3 points. :)

If we get the same 28 points from the next 24 games, it will come to total of 35 points with 5 games to go, 40points is usually the safety mark, so i'm not convinced we would stay up.

Looking at it from this seasons games....7 points from every 9 games, would give us a total 28 points from 36 games and that is deffo relegation.

So you can gloss over all the cracks by quoting our points return over 2 games, but if you think that by taking a point off Chelsea, and 3 off a shit brum team means we are out of trouble you had better think again. I shall see what return we get from the next ten games before i am swayed one way or the other.

I think thats spot on. Lets not start sucking each others cocks just yet

As I said on a previous post i@ll wait and see at the end of novembeR

Guest fozzie22

Simon Davies..

97-98 Peterborough 1 Games (-)

98-99 Peterborough 43 Games (-)

99-00(jan) Peterborough 2 Goals, 16 Games (-)

99-00 Tottenham 3 Games (-)

00-01 Tottenham 2 Goals, 13 Games (-) 2 Games

01-02 Tottenham 4 Goals, 31 Games (-) 3 Games

02-03 Tottenham 5 Goals, 36 Games (-)

03-04 Tottenham 2 Goals, 17 Games (-)

04-05 Tottenham 21 Games (-)

05-06 Everton 1 Goals, 9 Games 2 + 1 Games (Champions League + UEFA Cup) 1 Goals, 4 Games

Apart from 2 years at spurs he was on the fringes

Seems to me we paid a lot of money for a spurs squad player.

Thats basing our season on the last two games, why not base it on one game and say we will be champions, 100 % record 3 point from 3 points

because last season is over and done with we have concentrate on this season and i think that, at last, we are getting it back together.

also its recent form that counts. some people are totalling up points from games played over 6 months ago, that is irrelevant.

weve better against chelsea than any other english side. look what they did at anfield.

its time to stop looking over our shoulder all the time and judge the team by its current form. :P

Guest fozzie22
""its time to stop looking over our shoulder all the time and judge the team by its current form."" :lol:

WELL THEN, THATS RELEGATION.  7 FROM 9 = 30 POINTS FROM 38 GAMES.  :lol:

Yup sure is..paint it anyway you want our start this season has been awful

""its time to stop looking over our shoulder all the time and judge the team by its current form."" :lol:

WELL THEN, THATS RELEGATION.  7 FROM 9 = 30 POINTS FROM 38 GAMES.  :lol:

DOOM and GLOOM :angry:

Give it a rest! current form = A draw against the unbeaten champoins and a hard fought win at brum (who by the way are fighting for their lives).

Add that to growing confidence and returning injured players including 2 we aint seen before (and they look capable of improving our team!).

What are you going to say if we win our next few games? are you not going to be happy until we have won enough games for your season long average to total more than 40 points?

Are the RS relegation fodder? Their only 6 points clear of us with two derbys left to play!!! :lol:

DOOM and GLOOM  :lol:

Give it a rest! current form = A draw against the unbeaten champoins and a hard fought win at brum (who by the way are fighting for their lives).

Add that to growing confidence and returning injured players including 2 we aint seen before (and they look capable of improving our team!).

What are you going to say if we win our next few games? are you not going to be happy until we have won enough games for your season long average to total more than 40 points?

Are the RS relegation fodder? Their only 6 points clear of us with two derbys left to play!!! :lol:

I think that we have reason to be cautious and reason to be happy.

We are still a drift from the place where I expect us to be - but we have started to generate results.

I am no Doom and Gloomer - I love everything blue and I honestly think that come end ofthe season, we will be more than 'safe' and hopefully will be close to challenging for a European spot of some sort.

Looking at current form is fine - it doesn't paint a pretty picture if you look back far enough - but fine, thats what stats are there for - to be analysed. But please, if you are going to analyse the figures and the stats, dont come out with pessimistic views like 30 points for 38 games - it helps nobody.

WE are gaining in confidence and the worst thing that can happen to us at this moment in time is having it knocked about - especially by our own fans.

So, leave out the negativity for now at least.

That was just my way of bringing Java down to earth, i think he had us crowned as champs, because of our four points in two games.

Been watching the blues tooooo long to take any notice of the last game, as every body knows, we own the biggest rollercoaster ride this side of Blackpool, and there will be a lot more ups, downs, twists and turns before the season ends.

Goldfish......As for doom and gloom, I have had a season ticket since 1961 (almost 45 years), cut me, and i bleed blue blood, and i've seen more ups and downs from the blues than most posters on this forum, so when i say that this is the worst start to any season since i have been watching them, i'm not trying to spread doom and gloom, the team are doing that themselves.

I am just being honest and stating truthfull facts.

Having said that, i will be there on Sunday, like i will be there every match, they will always get my support, and i am already putting £20 of my pension into the bank for next years season ticket. Thats how much i love them.

My Dad always told me......Dont ever be afraid of speaking your mind, as long as what you are saying is the truth.

7 out of 9!

and we're starting to look like the Everton of last season. battling for everything going and running non-stop.

beattie and vdm both looking good. and nigel martyn doing a brilliant job in goal.

and we still havent played our best side. naysmith, carsley & vaughn are all set to make a return this month. :(

A couple of excellent posts by toffeelicker and rowlo.

Although we are just into the lateish early-season, :( , Everton's form is improving by the day, as the saying goes.

No need to worry about the fact that the wins have been one-nils. Because, the clean sheets that Everton have kept should be heartening to their fans. Too many goals had been leaked till now and finnaly, the rot is stopping. Beattie scoring (well staying fit, really) is more impotant than winning 3 or 4 nil at this point.

Once the team members (mostly the new ones) get used to their collegues and the system, the goals will come. VDM looks like a good player, Moyes found at a bargain price. Arteta, VDM and Cahill look like a good midfield to me. Neville will give consistency. I still dont rate Davies, tbh.

Everton have too strong a side to be relegated and too weak a side to challenge for Europe. Mid-table beckons. I say so coz football is more and more a squad game now. Its not the 11 you have but the 16 or 17 you might field in the course of time. Everton have a thin squad, and i am sure Moyes would want to restrenghten i, come Jan.