IGNORED

Football Quarter?

Louis

I think its a good idea... Not happy about an "Everton" group teaming up with them lot next door and unfortunately I dont think its viable.

They talk about securing public / private funding when there is a recession on and both government parties have outlined party proposals for public funding cuts....

I am sorry to say I believe KEIOC should just keep their noses out now.... seems like there tyring to hard to prove they were not just out to sabotage the move to Kirkby...

Edited by DangerMouse

I think its a good idea... Not happy about an "Everton" group teaming up with them lot next door and unfortunately I dont think its viable.

They talk about securing public / private funding when there is a recession on and both government parties have outlined party proposals for public funding cuts....

I am sorry to say I believe KEIOC should just keep their noses out now.... seems like there tyring to hard to prove they were not just out to sabotage the move to Kirkby...

I completely disagree. The board have had years to come up with realistic plans for developing Goodison or moving to a new ground and have sadly failed time after time. If we leave it to them to come up with a new proposal, it could be 10 years down the line and be as shit as the Kirkby proposal or as undeliverable as Kings Dock.

Someone has to try and do something to get this going and I think its a brilliant idea that could also bring about a much better cohesion of the 2 clubs. Yes the details definately need to be ironed out but I really do believe that these guys have the best interest of the club and surrounding areas at heart.

Should be interesting to see what they come up with and to what both clubs say. Although Im not a big fan of the name!

It is an idea I have had myself a long time ago. Not sure it is a good idea though.

However, I really don't know what to make of the fact it has come up now, in respect of finances required to make it happen when the whole country (indeed most of the world) is in a recession and cash is tight.

I don't know what will happen now though I can only look forward and hope that whatever happens it is for the best.

im just being picky now, but everyone keeps saying we are in recession. the government confirmed a couple of weeks back that we are out of recession now. just making a note of that.

in regard to the story, sounds a great idea. im still pissed off that the everton collection has no plans to display in a museum. the biggest collection of items about the history of all of footbal, let alone just everton and little bits get put on display piece by piece, when many smaller clubs have museums!

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like it's been dismissed by EFC:

http://www.liverpooldailypost.co.uk/everton-fc/everton-fc-news/2010/03/02/liverpool-fc-and-everton-fc-talks-fail-to-deliver-sports-city-concept-92534-25939734/

I don't quite understand how a cost can be attributed to something which hasn't been looked into i.e. they haven't decided what could be put there. It seems someone has picked a random number (or the cost of two stadiums together).

Liverpool Uni, EFC Shareholders Association and the Council were pushing for a feasibility report to be commissioned so I don't know why EFC and or LFC decided not to.

Looks like it's been dismissed by EFC:

http://www.liverpooldailypost.co.uk/everton-fc/everton-fc-news/2010/03/02/liverpool-fc-and-everton-fc-talks-fail-to-deliver-sports-city-concept-92534-25939734/

I don't quite understand how a cost can be attributed to something which hasn't been looked into i.e. they haven't decided what could be put there. It seems someone has picked a random number (or the cost of two stadiums together).

Liverpool Uni, EFC Shareholders Association and the Council were pushing for a feasibility report to be commissioned so I don't know why EFC and or LFC decided not to.

It was laughed off at the shareholders meeting as well, everybody had dismissed it and walked out within half an hour.

Unfortunately it does seem to be nothing more than a fanciful dream and there is more chance of Milky coming up with a good point than there is of anyone coming up withthe money for it

It was laughed off at the shareholders meeting as well, everybody had dismissed it and walked out within half an hour.

Unfortunately it does seem to be nothing more than a fanciful dream and there is more chance of Milky coming up with a good point than there is of anyone coming up withthe money for it

you've upset me know

Where did you hear that? The Chairman of the Shareholders Association says it went down well and was worth pursuing.

Where did you hear that? The Chairman of the Shareholders Association says it went down well and was worth pursuing.

I cant remember where I read it but there was a bit in the Echo saying pretty much the same thing

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/everton-fc/everton-fc-news/2010/02/23/everton-fc-shareholders-urged-to-question-board-by-keioc-100252-25892565/

"He called on the minority shareholders present at Monday night’s meeting to talk to members of the board and try to make their voices heard.

“Maybe they’re not listening. I say make them.”

By 9.30pm a third of attendees had left and the rest disagreed on the wording of a plea to the board for a new feasibility study.

One shareholder asked who would stay in a hotel in Walton while another said the plans were unaffordable."

Oh and Milky ok I was wrong Moyse has no longer made a profit I admit I was wrong it turns out he has spent in the region of £14M but that still means he has worked wonders in the transfer market to any sane minded person

I read that, apparently untrue..

One person and their mother disagreed with wording and nobody left until the football quarter/sports city presentation was made. Not sure why the press have reported that :|

Obviously it makes a better story.

(Or am I just a cynical old Rube?)

I cant remember where I read it but there was a bit in the Echo saying pretty much the same thing

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/everton-fc/everton-fc-news/2010/02/23/everton-fc-shareholders-urged-to-question-board-by-keioc-100252-25892565/

"He called on the minority shareholders present at Monday night’s meeting to talk to members of the board and try to make their voices heard.

“Maybe they’re not listening. I say make them.”

By 9.30pm a third of attendees had left and the rest disagreed on the wording of a plea to the board for a new feasibility study.

One shareholder asked who would stay in a hotel in Walton while another said the plans were unaffordable."

Oh and Milky ok I was wrong Moyse has no longer made a profit I admit I was wrong it turns out he has spent in the region of £14M but that still means he has worked wonders in the transfer market to any sane minded person

all is forgiven.

As much as I would love to re-develop Goodison its surrounding area will not help generate the funds require to do so - it is true that no-one will want to stay in Walton other than on matchdays. A shiny new hotel will not change that. The perfect opportunity was Kings Dock, which we fluffed up massively. If there is another waterfront plot free somewhere, we need to look into it.

• 1 year later...