IGNORED

Who Should Come In And Who Should Go Out

davies

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Someone who I think would be a brilliant signing for us would be Hleb. Admittingly his price tag would be fairly steep but he works hard, has fantastic ability and Im fairly sure he would fancy coming back to England. He is at Stuttgart at the mo and was very good against Barca yesterday and I imagine he would probably want CL footy but IMO he fits the bill for the type of player that Everton should be looking at if Donovan isnt signed or Pienaar moves on.

Im not sure who I would want out the team. I dont really like Hibbert as a player or Yobo but I do have a soft spot for them I wouldnt like to see them go. Distin is another one who I think we could afford to leave if we got Senderos in.

I think the squad make-up is pretty sound....certainly wouldn't get rid of Hibbert and Yobo.

We may need a bit of like for like replacement if anyone leaves but we've got the keeper so if we can tie down Donovan (or if not get someone similar) I don't think we're in desperate need anywhere. Maybe left-back cover?

I actually can't think of any single player that I think we'd need to offload. Can't think of one that I would want us to offload.

But since it's been pretty obvious from earlier seasons that we need to sell in order to sign I think that the few players that I can understand if we sell are Distin and Anichebe. Sad thing is that would at best give us maybe 4-5 mil £ and that doesn't buy a lot these days.

If we could somehow guarantee that we have the chance to sign us a striker with world class work rate and holding abilities I would advocate selling Yakubu as well to finance this. I know chances are slim to find someone of this quality at a decent price though.

I'd be extremely pleased if we could maintain the squad we have today and sign Donovan permanently for next season. Might be the selling of Distin and Anichebe could fund this but that's about the extent of what I would be willing to sacrifice..

anderson would cost a fortune in wages, we dont need another AM to warm the bench and Donovan... Well, i would love him to sign but not sure its likely.

Never get rid of Hibbert, it would be doing him a disservice after all the years he has put in for us and he is a good squad player. Yobo is a great backup player to have too. The 2 young american lads, dunno what to do with them but dont see them making a huge finacial affect so dont care either way.

The most important signing would be Pienaar signing a new 5 year contract and Donovan too. Competition for Baines and another striker if we can, think the midfield is looking pretty full of choice! Id take Senderos on a free if hes going on a free just for the numbers...

Just curious Dave, how old are you?

I feel we have an excellent squad now and with everybody fit i think we just need another forward with pace and a wideman.Obviously we want to keep Donovan and if that means selling somebody i would sell Yobo to pay for Landon and sell The Yak who is probably nearer thirty than we think for about £9 million and go in for Vagner Love. Keep Senderos for cover and we have competion all over the park.

Reading some news article today it sounds like Lucas Jutkiewicz wants to stay at Motherwell and that they want to keep him.

He has scored 10 goals in 23 games for them and is a young 20 year old striker what kind of fee can we expect for him?

With Beckford, the new goalie, and hopefully Senderos staying we could sell Distin and maybe someone else and bring in Donovan.

Edited by dweagle6

Reading some news article today it sounds like Lucas Jutkiewicz wants to stay at Motherwell and that they want to keep him.

He has scored 10 goals in 23 games for them and is a young 20 year old striker what kind of fee can we expect for him?

With Beckford, the new goalie, and hopefully Senderos staying we could sell Distin and maybe someone else and bring in Donovan.

for a scottish club? buttons...

Lando is the one signing I'm dying to see this summer. Hopefully DM and BK are in constant talks with MLS to get him here for the rest of this season (as we need him out right). Other than him, I would love to see another RB, Maicon perhaps? :D Also a LB and a striker, maybe Philipe Lahm and Jozy Altidore. God, that would be a summer.

Leaving I wouldn't mind off-loading Vic, Yobo, Jutkiewicz or even JV for the right sum. I would say Hibbert, but as much as I don't fancy him as a starter, the lad bleeds blue and for that I would hope BK and DM never do him wrong. Also, I'm still waiting for that goal so we can RIOT! :lol:

Edited by bluenoseyankee

anderson would cost a fortune in wages, we dont need another AM to warm the bench and Donovan... Well, i would love him to sign but not sure its likely.

Never get rid of Hibbert, it would be doing him a disservice after all the years he has put in for us and he is a good squad player. Yobo is a great backup player to have too. The 2 young american lads, dunno what to do with them but dont see them making a huge finacial affect so dont care either way.

The most important signing would be Pienaar signing a new 5 year contract and Donovan too. Competition for Baines and another striker if we can, think the midfield is looking pretty full of choice! Id take Senderos on a free if hes going on a free just for the numbers...

Just curious Dave, how old are you?

Just what i thought when i read the opening post. ;)

It'll definately be interesting to see which teams go down this year,could be a few bargains to be had in the summer. The way things are going it wouldnt suprise me to see Sunderland go down, and despite their utter utter shitness this year, they do have the odd player which could work well in our system ( Bent, Turner etc etc). Same applies with Bolton, it would be worth a punt to try and get gary cahill if they go down....hmmm two cahills in one team, what are the odds?!! Hypothetically aside, I would like to see cover for Baines, and if we can't sign Donovan then at least he's shown us what we've been missing for so long, a pacey natural attack minded right winger.Its a shame Johnson went to City, he would have been an ideal, and not budget busting, summer signing.

With regards to players going out, I wouldnt be too upset if Anichebe went ( 4-5m possibly?!). sadly I can see some of our current in-form players attracting alot of attention towards the end of the summer...Pienaar, Baines, Saha, Heitinga. Lets just hope we can keep hold and keep everyone fecking injury free for the start of next season!

Lando is the one signing I'm dying to see this summer. Hopefully DM and BK are in constant talks with MLS to get him here for the rest of this season (as we need him out right). Other than him, I would love to see another RB, Maicon perhaps? :D Also a LB and a striker, maybe Philipe Lahm and Jozy Altidore. God, that would be a summer.

Leaving I wouldn't mind off-loading Vic, Yobo, Jutkiewicz or even JV for the right sum. I would say Hibbert, but as much as I don't fancy him as a starter, the lad bleeds blue and for that I would hope BK and DM never do him wrong. Also, I'm still waiting for that goal so we can RIOT! :lol:

You think Altidore would be worth a punt, or is that just Yankee bias; because if it is I understand. I do like his upside, he honestly reminds me of what I like about the Yak, yet he's generations younger. While his touch isn't the greatest, he is clever, and damn powerful. The things is, he's best with a target man by his side. Who knows.

Diving cheating Italians win you games.

dude.... that picture is distracting....

Pretty sure there was no automatic yellow for deliberate handball back then

I remember that! was wondering what the hell he was doing. That is the exception that proves my rule that all italian footballers are whining cheating sleazy greasy bastards....

Edited by galacticaracnid

Got some bad shouts there Dave!

I reckon we could afford to let hibbo go, and sunderland wud prob snap him up, but i still dont want him to leave, neither do i reckon yobo should leave.Maybe osman, we can afford to let him go and definatley the Yak, his work rate is 0 and the fact when we play one striker he goes and stands next to pienaar baffles me.

Bringing in, i reckon that Graham Dorrans from west brom could be a good signing. 13 goals from 22 appearances and hes only 22 shows hes got somethin there. Also i wouldnt mind that pacey lad from sporting, yano their left winger who kept running at neville, i think we need a player like that.

I do think we need another holding midfeilder, maybe Javi Garcia from benefica, i reckon he could do a job, and maybe for 7 million euros

if we could afford and get him, lee catermole, or jamie o'hara. both great young talents.

leave lucas at motherwell for another year or two on loan, and ruddy. doing them both good, might as well keep them settled and improving.

we need pace, if donovan goes he will need to be replaced by someone fast, very very fast! whos the guy we wanted from inter?

a left back, nicky shorey would do for cover.

if a good striker is available, get one.

vic and vaughan could both do with a loan in the championship if we could get one more senior/proven striker in.

if we could afford and get him, lee catermole, or jamie o'hara. both great young talents.

leave lucas at motherwell for another year or two on loan, and ruddy. doing them both good, might as well keep them settled and improving.

we need pace, if donovan goes he will need to be replaced by someone fast, very very fast! whos the guy we wanted from inter?

a left back, nicky shorey would do for cover.

if a good striker is available, get one.

vic and vaughan could both do with a loan in the championship if we could get one more senior/proven striker in.

Great shout on both of them Steve, I was gutterd we didnt try and get Cattermole when he went from Wigan (he left for under 5 mil didnt he!! :blink:,)

I think the right back position is a must, Neville can do half a job but we need a highier quality in that position in order for us to progress as a club.

I would loan Vaughny out and sell Vic, hes strong but I don't see him cutting the mustard at us to be honest.

Definatly need pace on the wing, a permanent move for Jason would be great but if not I think we need to look elsewhere; its certainly made a difference having a bit of speed to get us going this season.

Possibly a new striker, it looks to me that the Yak's days might be numbered, and even if they arn't, a striker that isnt lazy would be nice (Take note Saha).

Oh...

and sell Neville

:D

Just have a small feeling that Davey would think long and hard before buying a replacement for Landon (right sided forward/winger) from Inter :unsure: .

Speaking of which http://www.psv.nl/News/News-page/PSV-sign-free-agent-Andy-van-der-Meyde.htm

Good luck to him I say ;) .

(Just noticed that that's been posted in the shoutbox already :( )

this summer could see big changes.

A few regulars are starting to drop down the pecking order.

Players like yobo nev hibbert and the yak may want to move on and i don't think any one would stop them.

If we don't get european ffotball Pienaar may leave and Rodwell may have a big decision to make in the summer.

Obviously ins will be affected by outs but for me the squad needs pace and a back-up lb

I would look at pederson as a squad player on a free then possibly try and get swp always looks good and we are his level.

I would like us to sign Cairney from Hull. He is only young but looks a very clever player, similar style to arteta.

Out goings I dont think there would be any except YT's. I have to admit I wouldnt be sad to see Distin go as Iv never rated him and I think the Yak has struggled of late too.

I would like us to sign Cairney from Hull. He is only young but looks a very clever player, similar style to arteta.

Out goings I dont think there would be any except YT's. I have to admit I wouldnt be sad to see Distin go as Iv never rated him and I think the Yak has struggled of late too.

tom cairney was the best player for hull today and scored a great goal today and get that sporting striker in look relly good player plays a bit like nani