IGNORED

Who Should Come In And Who Should Go Out

davies

The problem with Leon is that he has played out of position so many times, and is useless anywhere but in the centre. However, even when he plays centre mid he has games where he plays better than anyone else (eg game against man utd) but then there are times where he goes missing (previous derby match).

By selling him:

• We get little money from his sale

By keeping him:

• We keep a home-grown player who has been with EFC since age 10
  • Have squad depth (which has helped this year!)
  • We have someone who doesn't play for high wages

So to sell him we have not much to gain compared to keeping him. If the argument were whether Ossie should have a starting role with a fully fit team, then I would say depending on form he would be on the bench.

I agree Thorny, I have never been Leon's biggest fan which isn't down to ability but like Steve said he can be inconsistent but is capable of more which can be frustrating at times but he is a great squad player and on his day can be as technically gifted as anyone in our first eleven.

The rest of the stuff being discussed like Pip being a poor captain well i could write an essay on what a load of shite that is but really can't be arsed as I'm sure 99.9% of Evertonians will think he's a great captain leader and role-model.

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The rest of the stuff being discussed like Pip being a poor captain well i could write an essay on what a load of shite that is but really can't be arsed as I'm sure 99.9% of Evertonians will think he's a great captain leader and role-model.

Go for it lad, i will quite happily pick out every single hole in it. I will start with your ludricous 99.9% statement, i must know every single member of the 0.1% then! If you think that mate, your delusional.

most if not all my man utd mates were gutted when phil left...that says enough right there...you'll do well find a more committed, honest and hard-working captain in the premiership than him! also i know it doesnt come into football really but he isnt a dick off the pitch and doesnt bring the club into the spotlight with any stupid shite!

most if not all my man utd mates were gutted when phil left...that says enough right there...you'll do well find a more committed, honest and hard-working captain in the premiership than him! also i know it doesnt come into football really but he isnt a dick off the pitch and doesnt bring the club into the spotlight with any stupid shite!

Thats the problem right there lad. Captains are all that and more, but its the more Neville can never give as he doesnt possess it. Take the captain out of your sentance and you have described Lee Carsley, should he have been captain?

We speak to differing United fans, the ones i spoke to were delighted to see him go

What correlation is there between attending matches and the worth of Phil Neville!?

I might also add that there's a pretty darn good chance that he's had more hot dinners than Everton have had matches...ever...including the ones you attend.

At least come up with a smarter insult.

Now just hold on there!........Could we please leave the amount of food I consume well alone :unsure: ......I'll admit I could do with losing a few pounds :|

Everton have played a hell of a lot of games you know :angry:

Go for it lad, i will quite happily pick out every single hole in it. I will start with your ludricous 99.9% statement, i must know every single member of the 0.1% then! If you think that mate, your delusional.

Oh i see your one of those people who's opinion is always right and to be honest if you mix with people and they all have the same opinion as you on Pip and Ossie then yes i would say you know the delusional 0.1% then especially on Pips behalf.

I wont bother getting into a debate with you as you have your optinion and i have mine but you really should stop being such an single minded tit and respect that everyone doesn't share your views and opinions LAD.

Edited by EFC-Paul

Thats the problem right there lad. Captains are all that and more, but its the more Neville can never give as he doesnt possess it. Take the captain out of your sentance and you have described Lee Carsley, should he have been captain?

We speak to differing United fans, the ones i spoke to were delighted to see him go

Is that not the same Lee Carsley who's departure had a huge effect on how we played and a player which we have only just really replaced at quite a cost in Fellaini? erm i see your logic.

:blink: What is wrong with Lee Carsley?

Cant you go and play with the toaster in the bath or something?

Oh i see your one of those people who's opinion is always right and to be honest if you mix with people and they all have the same opinion as you on Pip and Ossie then yes i would say you know the delusional 0.1% then especially on Pips behalf.

I wont bother getting into a debate with you as you have your optinion and i have mine but you really should stop being such an single minded tit and respect that everyone doesn't share your views and opinions LAD.

ive got a mate like that, everything he says about football is gospel truth, its rediculous. Toffeeblue you mentioned earlier talkin with Bill that a forum is about opinion but eveytime someone gives an opinion, you jump on it like a pro going down on a cock by telling them, theyre wrong!? make your fuckin mind up dude!

imo, wat i like about neville is that he is now part of the family. see against United, he woulndnt look at his brother, he wanted to do United over, i loved it. but also after every game, his kids usually dressed in Everton kit are there on the pitch afterwards or messing about the place. his family is now an Everton family, any guy who fully engrosses the family/community life at Everton, gets my respect and its hard to find many footballers willing to do that n he does.n

players in Eden Hazard, crackin player who increased his stock yday by scoring the winner against the shite haha

Thanks for getting the thread on track guys.

Who should go and who should come in?????

I think it should be Who should come in? AND then and only then we can see who should be let go. It would be stupid in the extreme to start to get rid of players before we get in replacements. That way lies madness as the saying goes.

We will never get anywhere if we just start selling willy-nilly and then find out we can't get the players we want.

Now just hold on there!........Could we please leave the amount of food I consume well alone :unsure: ......I'll admit I could do with losing a few pounds :|

Everton have played a hell of a lot of games you know :angry:

I just assumed that you had a hot dinner every night of your life...in which case after at least 14 years, you've had more hot dinners than Everton have played competitive matches. :P

My math works cause apparently the Hull match last week was our 5000th competitive match. ;)

Of course, my math falls apart if you say you're 13...

I just assumed that you had a hot dinner every night of your life...in which case after at least 14 years, you've had more hot dinners than Everton have played competitive matches. :P

My math works cause apparently the Hull match last week was our 5000th competitive match. ;)

Of course, my math falls apart if you say you're 13...

Your maths are just fine! Also I sometimes have two hot meals a day :unsure:

Anyway BrotherEstapol!.....Please don't tell Toffeeblue to come up with smarter insults.....He just bloody well might do that! :(

Anyone think we should get Vedad Ibišević , he has been amazing for hoffenheim and is only 25. Hes a striker which seems to be the position we are struggling in. :)

How much could we pick him up for?

Your maths are just fine! Also I sometimes have two hot meals a day :unsure:

Anyway BrotherEstapol!.....Please don't tell Toffeeblue to come up with smarter insults.....He just bloody well might do that! :(

No worries mate! ;)

everytime i have seen Lee play for bolton he looks like a threat. Very skillful player with good vision. Id like to see us snap him up before his price tag builds (if he keeps playing well).

With Neville i never used to like him but whats the first thing i hear off all the new players when they sign. They all mention how Neville is a great captain and welcomed them into the family. Now that and his leadership skills on the field outweigh the tiny price tag he would fetch.

Im a fan of Neville now yes hes not the best but he will always give it his all and he is in my eyes one of the great captains in this league.

Has he been doing anyones ex-missus??

Any one of us can give 100% to the cause so that arguement is completely stupid, we have moved on from commited footballers now. He isnt skillfull or quick enough for the wing and the last united game aside isnt strong and powerful enought to compete with the big boys in the centre. He is a saleable assest who we could afford to get rid of without damaging the 1st team too much while generating funds towards a player who could take us forward. In a full strength squad he wouldnt get near the 11, so which one of us is offensive, shortsighted and down right stupid?

Against a physical team like Bolton he came on and jinked his way in box and layed up for Pienaar - saleable asset? depends on how much other teams value our unfashionable Ossie - He is to us what Benayoun is to Liverpool but Ossie is better IMO. Would they class Benayoun as a saleable asset? No, he is someone who gives them another option, lack of options is shortsighted, well worth keeping as a one club player. Tremendous blue - keep proving them wrong Ossie

Sorry folks, clicked into tab 2 not realising this episode was over!!!!

Edited by Hafnia2