IGNORED

Who Should Come In And Who Should Go Out

davies

The squad is than at a minimum now. The bare minimum for a squad is having a fully fit "first eleven", we have operated on a far less than fully fit first eleven for over a year now!

Comments by Neville are starting to get on my nerves to be honest, like his brother, he needs to remember that he is a player first and foremost - take care of what happens on the pitch, never mind squad strength when your starting place is questionable. If he was setting the world alight with his performances then maybe his comments would not annoy as much. His rally cries really are irritating. We do not have a strong squad, because on the basis of his recent perfromances he should not be playing.

When we have the type of bench strength that means the likes of Yak, Billy and to an extent Saha know that sulking and hiding would result in having to fight for their place then we will have a squad. Your average squad can have anywhere from 0 - 5 players missing at any one time, most teams have a contingency for that in terms of quality, we do not. We have to play people out of position constantly which results in sub standard performances = dropped points = mid table.

I think it is really another calculated communication by the club to set our expectations for another £0.00 net spend. It's a pity because never mind Torres saying Liverpool need 4 more world class players - we need 3 more quality (not world class) players to mount a serious challenge to the top four. That would be 1. An out and out goalscorer, 2. A left/right winger to balance with Pienaar 3. Cover for left back.

Coleman should be ready next season to take right back - I honestly think this spell at Blackpool will be great for him. Neville can do his coaching badges and take up the role as number 2 to Moyes.

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dunno, Pienaar is very highly rated, he'll be the stand out player for SA at the World Cup no matter how they do, all he needs is three good games in the group stages and he'll be worth £20m.

You're forgetting that Pienaar will be in the last year of his contract though, no one would be silly enough to pay more than £10million for him.

Knut Olav Rindaroy from Molde who was linked in january for a reported 1.2 mil would provide decent cover for Baines, and even at 2-3 mil I'd say it still looks like a good deal for a norwegian international.

I think with a pacey right winger not unlike Donovan there's no real need to look for a stronger striker as the Yak when in form is a killer and Saha, Vaughan and Anichebe can do a good job when called upon. I'm not ruling out a Pienaar or Bilyaletdinov down the right if we can get a full back down the right who can attack and provide crosses like Baines. Coleman fits the bill and perhaps should be given a fair chance. I think the poor support from the full back is the main reason why our right side doesn't quite work. (Except those few games when Donovan had good ones)

But a right winger who turns out to be a real bargain at 5-10 mil would be excellent and wellspent money in my opinion.. :D

• 2 weeks later...

I think we should get in Anderson, Jonjo Shelvey and Donavon because we have got that keeper Jan Mucha in and we could get Beckford and we have a chance of getting Senderos on a free.

I think we should get rid of Yobo and Hibbert and those two young amrican strikers

It started so bad and was viewed as a joke thread at times but...

it's up for an award at the annual TT awards so...

vote_for_dave_tshirt-p235508022697985149t5e4_400.jpg

we should go out and get muncha beckfrod and sendros on a free then get that youg striker called silvia i think then zigth the valencia stricker the get crainy in from hull then get in donavon. to sell i would sell yobo ruddy jukebox and that would get us about 8 mill

we should go out and get muncha beckfrod and sendros on a free then get that youg striker called silvia i think then zigth the valencia stricker the get crainy in from hull then get in donavon. to sell i would sell yobo ruddy jukebox and that would get us about 8 mill

punctuation?

I want a recount on the best thread... dave has upped the ante once again!!! Genius!

Definitely wont be happening he has just signed a new four year contract with the MLS this week. The only chance we have of seeing Donovan here again is if its another loan deal

My post isn't going to set pulses racing (or indeed moving at all?!) but for the first time that I can remember I wouldn't be devastated if we didn't bring anyone in this summer.

In the next year or two, the economy is going to have a really tough time and as such the clubs are going to have to keep working towards being more sensible (City aside).

Ppersonally, if we keep our current squad together (crucially keeping the likes of Peanuts, Fella and Jack), have much better luck on the injury front and get off to a decent start (say 12 points from first 6 games) then I fancy us to go really well given that we won't have the Europa Cup.

I honestly think that there is now a fairly clear top 8 sides in this country (see table) - based on the past few seasons and there are not many sides that will be capable of breaking into that top 8. On this basis, the question for me is what we can do to try to get back ahead of the likes of Villa and Spurs and given their debts, honestly challenge Liverpool.

If I could have one realistic wish it would be to see Donovan back but this squad is good.