IGNORED

Who Should Come In And Who Should Go Out

davies

Speaking to none other than John Ebbrell week before last and he said he sees a revolution of smaller midfielders coming back into the reckoning after the days of patrick viera type players ruling the roost for years. There is some credit to this, look at Barca, yes they have a big man in toure to break up play, but ultimately the team needs clever and quick feet to make things happen.

It is no surprise that with Pienaar and Arteta back in the team together, Ossie is looking more at home if anything looking like he is about to play some of the best football of his career.

To answer the thread, the player/s that should come in would be a pure pace outlet either on the flanks or up front as an option - plus maybe a right wing back - someone with 2 years left to allow coleman to mature mentor him. Players to leave.... none, there is a good unit and togetherness in that team and if we had the squad size we need we would be higher up the table. We have a good blend of youth and experience.

p.s Senderos can finish his loan.

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think we need to get rid of neville hibbert and yobo, the quality of our midfeild and the quality of pasing is awesome and the only 3 players who just hoof it long and dont fit into our style is them 3

I think Distin is the biggest "hoofer" of them all. So in your logic he needs to go as well (not that I would mind).

I wouldn't like to get rid of anyone..... lets try and keep the squad together.... Hopefully as I don't think we need any major changes Id just use any money we had to add depth to our current squad.....

If pushed and we could get decent offers for the Yak and Billy Id let them go and replace like for like..... However I wouldnt be happy unless we had replacements in early....

I think this years cash will go to securing players and improving player contracts.... Something Id be happy with....

Edited by DangerMouse

I think he looks like a right donkey hasnr he only scored about 3 or 4 all season?

To be fair he had a really poor start to his Blackburn career for whatever reason but i've watched him a few times now after a good run in the team and i think he looks a good finisher. Blackburn are fucking awful aswell so that doesnt help. I may be totally wrong though.

To be fair he had a really poor start to his Blackburn career for whatever reason but i've watched him a few times now after a good run in the team and i think he looks a good finisher. Blackburn are fucking awful aswell so that doesnt help. I may be totally wrong though.

He was great at Werder Bremen but that might have been because he had Miroslav Klose next to him. I still wouldn't mind if Moyes signed him. He's got undeniable talent.

i don't think we need to change much in the summer but lets hope whatever transfers moyes does make it's early on. my prefered transfers would be

outs:

Yakubu £10 million

Nash (can see him retiring)

Vaughan £3-5 million (just can't see the lad making it us now lost too much time in his development. although i prefer vaughan to anichebe i think moyes prefers anichebe's style/height/strength etc to vaughan's enthusiasm)

yobo £6 million (i like yobo but cant see him being happy on the bench next season so get the money for him while we can)

ins:

replacement for yak, a world class hard working striker someone like huntelaar or marcus berg at hamburg (£15 million)

left back cover prob someone a bit older as we have garbutt and bidwell coming through who are both left backs

an out and out right midfielder someone like stephen ireland or david bentley (£10 million)

senderos/scharner on a free transfer

all in all that would be an income of about £18-20 million and spend of about £25 million surely we've got that money to spend

ireland isn't a right winger and he moans about playing there for city so won't leave to a club where he will be stuck there...go for landon i can't see him being more than 6 or 7m...i wouldn't get rid of vaughan because saha will lose pace as he gets older now and none of the others are as quick as he is...osman lost a couple years of development and people are more than happy with how he has turned out

• 2 weeks later...

cannot believe what i am seeing.

get rid of osman?

he has been one of our most consistant performers this season, i have in the past doubted him but i think on his day he is as good as any.

and if we do "sell" him how much would we get for him. not alot...

bring in donovan

cover for baines

and a good striker and were sorted

but most important get pienaar a new contract

cannot believe what i am seeing.

get rid of osman?

he has been one of our most consistant performers this season, i have in the past doubted him but i think on his day he is as good as any.

and if we do "sell" him how much would we get for him. not alot...

bring in donovan

cover for baines

and a good striker and were sorted

but most important get pienaar a new contract

That would do for me

^^ agree with the above as well. I'm not too sure about letting people go, but I wouldn't mind if Yakuba went to help finance a deal for a striker who is more 'active'. Don't get me wrong, I like the Yak, but I think we could get a few quid for him and invest that in someone who works a little bit harder to score and create goals.

For me, I'd be completely satisfied if the only activity we saw this summer was to bring in Donovan, I thought he brought a fantastic dimension to the team. When he was on the wing, the team looked much more balanced and a real threat down both sides. ( I do find we are generally one sided in attack)

A midfield of Heitinga, Arteta, Felliani, Peinaar and Donovan (strong and creative in the centre, and pacey and tricky out wide) plus anyone from Osman, Cahill, Rodwell, Billy can also come in and do a job.

@MikeO - I wasn't calling the Italians and I remember that incident well, the point I was trying to make was that if you have someone who will win you cheap penalties and free kicks then you are more likely to come away with the three points, whether that's sportsmanship or not it's a fact. :)

its on the OS aswell...yeah i agree saha is class but the yak was born to score goals and that is what he does...as lazy as he is if he can do another 20 goal season for us next year then we will be looking good with 30+from midfield cos we have a lot of scorers in there and then obviously any extra you chuck in!

“I hope he has the appetite to get back to what he was,” said Moyes. “He trains well, but what Yak thrives on is goals."

^ that just made me smile. although i can't see moyes' face, i can't help but think he was fighting off a feed the yak comment there

Edited by CraccerC

To be honest im hoping the Geordies or someone like that need a proven prem striker and offer around £7 million and i would bite their hand off for the Yak. Undeniabley a quality finisher but we need more than that. We need a young,hungry goal machine. Like Moyes says they cost BIG money and thats what we havent got. If we havent got europe next season i believe for once we have the squad to cope this year so moysie could generate his own dough for a striker.

OUTS:

Yak-£7-8 million

Yobo-£5-6 million

Vaughan -£3 million

Ruddy - £0.5 million

Jutzeweitz- £1 million

INS:

Mucha-free

Ledley-free

Beckford-free

Donavon- $4-5 million

Love-£11-13 million

I agree. I actually think we try and play a better 'brand' of football when Yakubu plays. With him we know we have to play it to feet and if we do he will hold the ball up and bring others into play. Also if the Yak starts then I also think Rodwell should too, he was brilliant providing the link between midfield and attack against Hull (and another game I cant remember?!). With Cahill playing very averagely, and Saha not too much better it may just be worth dropping them both and bringing the other two in.

I would look at possibly letting Hibbert go, along with Yobo and Distin PROVIDING we have another young CB being brought in.

As many have said before we need left back cover and a pacey, direct right winger (like Donovan - although I think there are better out there for the same price if I am honest. We may even want to look at another defensive midfielder as cover for Felli because I would want Heitinga to stay at CB and in my eyes Rodwell is wasted there.

Aside from that, keep the Yak, get Pienaar tied down and roll on next season.

Edited by Bailey

I think Moyes has got another busy and potentially stressful summer in store to be honest. I think there's big questions to be asked over the long term futures of Pienaar and Yakubu - don't get me wrong, I'd be over the moon if we kept them both, but I think Pienaar fancies a tilt at CL football, and the Yak seems the sort where if he finds things aren't going his way any more, he starts looking at pastures new.

Obviously they are both class, class players and would need replacing. I think either way we'd need another striker on top coz Saha's body may not last another full season, everyone has mentioned cover for Baines, and we definitely need a pacy outlet on either flank. That's five signings straight off if Pienaar and Yak do leave, and say we got £35m for the pair, that doesn't leave much room for manoever to find players who will add genuine quality to the side.

I think the other hard decision for Moyes is how he sees us playing next season. I don't think the balance in midfield is quite right at the moment, I think we're caught between the stylish, neat passing football Arteta, Pienaar, Ossie and (occasionally) Bily offer, and the more direct style you need to get the best out of Cahill. Personally, i'd base the side around a midfield three of Arteta, Rodwell and Fellaini, and then play two pacy, direct wide men with a big old-fashioned centre-forward up top, but that would require a pretty serious overhaul of personnel. Anyway, my point is, there's no point in us just signing an Ireland, Veloso or Moutinho for the hell of it, the squad is close to being a pretty formidable unit so I think Moyes needs to think very carefully about what it needs to finish it off. I'd say Bily is a good example of a signing that didnt bring to the squad what was necessarily expected, and we can't really afford to spend £10m on a player who is just going to offer what we already have.

Just read this on the OS, got a little pissed off to be honest. Link

Apart from the fact that it's obviously propaganda telling us with fair warning that we've got no money for the transfer market this year!!

What get's me annoyed is that if it's so true, why have we had shit results against the likes of West Ham and Wolves recently, got done by Brum 3 times this season and failed to turn up for countless numbers of games this season, both home and away and in Europe?, Does anyone know when our best run was this season, erm, was it when we had Donovan. We do need more numbers, not many, but at least that one.

I'm thinking we may hang on to Senderos, but cover for Baines has also got to be high on the list. Let's be honest, if Baines get a long term injury, we're gonna be shit on both flanks not just one.

Or, wait a minute, is this Phil Neville getting worried, he might get dropped from the squad if we get any more players in? :blink:

I would be quite happy to just keep hold of the players weve got.

If we have a clean bill of health when all the players report back for training next season it will be like having 7 or 8 new signings anyway

I agree that new signings would be nice, especially cover for Baines, I think the best signing we could make is getting Piennar sorted out, not particularly arsed about Yak

I think it is pretty much a cert that Donovan will be back here at some point next season

Love your opimism dude! 20m for the pair, if your lucky!?

Dunno, Pienaar is very highly rated, he'll be the stand out player for SA at the World Cup no matter how they do, all he needs is three good games in the group stages and he'll be worth £20m.

And there's no point selling Yak if we don't make a profit, he has still got an excellent goalscoring record in the PL, asking £15m wouldnt be taking the piss, look what Darren Bent went for.