• Leon Osman
    • Mikel Arteta
    • Steven Pienaar
    • Landon Donovan
    • Diniyar Bilyaletdinov
    • Louis Saha
    • Phil Jagielka

pollresizear5.jpg

Current Player of the Year standings....

Fellaini 268

Pienaar 159

Heitinga 143

Osman 135

Saha 109

Cahill 108

Rodwell 94

Baines 84

Bilyaletdinov 82

Hibbert 71

Coleman 70

Donovan 68

Howard 61

Distin 42

Yakubu 24

Duffy 23

Yobo 20

Neill 15

João Alves Jô 10

Neville 10

Vaughan 8

Gosling 6

Arteta 6

Nash 3

Senderos 3

Baxter 3

Agard 2

Anichebe 1

Forshaw 1

Akpan 1

MOTM winners....

Manchester United (H) Leon Osman

Sporting Lisbon (H) Leon Osman

Chelsea (H) Landon Donovan

Liverpool (A) Johnny Heitinga

Wigan (A) Tim Cahill

Sunderland (H) Marouane Fellaini

Birmingham (H) Steven Pienaar

Manchester City (H) Marouane Fellaini

Arsenal (A) Marouane Fellaini

Carlisle (H) Marouane Fellaini

Burnley (H) Steven Pienaar

Sunderland (A) Marouane Fellaini

Birmingham (A) Leighton Baines

BATE Boresov (H)...Shane Duffy

Chelsea (A)...Johnny Heitinga

Tottenham (H)...Seamus Coleman

AEK Athens (A)...Steven Pienaar

Liverpool (H)...Marouane Fellaini

Hull City (A)...Johnny Heitinga

Manchester United (A)...Johnny Heitinga

West Ham (A)...Johnny Heitinga

Benfica (H)...Marouane Fellaini

Aston Villa (H)...Diniyar Bilyaletdinov

Tottenham (A)...Tony Hibbert

Bolton (A)...Louis Saha

Benfica (A)...Sylvain Distin

Wolves (H)...Diniyar Bilyaletdinov

Stoke City (H)...Johnny Heitinga

BATE Borisov (A)...Tony Hibbert

Portsmouth (A)...Tim Howard

Hull City (A)...Leon Osman

Blackburn (H)...Louis Saha

AEK Athens (H)...Diniyar Bilyaletdinov

Fulham (A)...Sylvain Distin

Wigan...(H)...Jack Rodwell

Sigma Olomouc (A)...Steven Pienaar

Burnley...(A)...Tony Hibbert

Sigma Olomouc (H)...Jack Rodwell

Arsenal (H)...Steven Pienaar

who voted for Bily? seriously, unless it was a Sporting fan they should be banned!

Second that. I'm a fan of the lad, but last night he was absolutely dire. The worst player on the pitch by a country mile, and that's saying something. Gave it to Howard in the end. Baines and Pienaar were the only other players worth mentioning, Arteta maybe gets a shout, but honestly they were mostly made to look good(that should be 'better') by the badness of the rest of the team than anything else.

Howard I guess.

Arteta I enjoyed at the end when we were pressing, he lost the ball a couple of times but worked hard to get ib back then did some neat skills to work his way around a few players. Love to see more of that him back to his best.

Jagielka looked solid and like his old self when he came on, hopefully a few sub appearences and we could be close to seeing the mighty Heitinga Jagielka wall at the back.

move on, thank the lord we don't play in Lisbon every week and beat the Spurs (who are apparently having illness problems at the moment).

who voted for Bily? seriously, unless it was a Sporting fan they should be banned!

Plainly a joke vote and as such cancelled. Senderos one is a bit sus also....anyone want to justify it?

Didn't want to give it to anyone last night but on reflection Howard can have it. He deserves more than he's had this season anyway.

I gave it to Baines as he was the only one who looked like he wanted to attack. As people have suggested Howard was also a very close shout as he had another good game.

I thought Yobo did okay. I hate his undirectional hoofs and I thought he stood off a bit much but apart from that he did alright.

Senderos was 50/50 for me. Yes he did get too tight on occasions but Id rather he did that than let them run at the defence like Neville and Joey. He certainly looked like he was injured, un-confident and hadnt played for a while.

Neville was a fucking disgrace. His performance in general was shit but where was his so called brilliant leadership last night. You could see Moyes barking instructions but nothing came from Neville. He should have been leading that defence, pushing them up and making sure the midfield pressed the ball. He was at fault for 2 of the goals, 1 for letting their winger run at him and the other for not marking veloso. I never seen someone back off a player as much as he did last night. I dont want to get on his back because he is the captain of my club but he can fuck off with performances like that.

Didnt really see much of Osman because he was chasing Moutinho all over the place. He wasnt even able to pass him on when he pulled wide so he could do what he had been doing so well for us. I dont blame him for his performance last night, he was shackled by pur panickey manager.

Pienaar did nect to nothing. To many poor tackles & passes plus his control was shocking at times. Arteta was similar apart from the desire he showed to keep hold of the ball towards the end.

Donovan was poor as well, but I dont think it was entirely his fault. He did try and make runs but some of the balls directed to him were shocking. He did play that one brilliant ball to Saha which was the one time he got some proper space on the ball. IMO he should have stayed on the pitch and Arteta should have gone.

Billy was fucking useless. No movement, no control, tbh Im not sure if it was him or just a cardboard cut out. However I also thought Moyes dropped a bollock here by not getting him to play more central to give Saha more support.

Saha did what he could and its a shame he couldnt finish one of his chances. He was given shit ball and had no support all game. To leave him up top alone was criminal and not having Cahill is not a good enough escuse. Billy should have played off his shoulder so we would at least have some chance of keeping hold of the ball. When we went behind either Vic or Yak should have been on straight away.

It was a pathetic performance from team and manager. I wish I was able to give them a piece of my mind especially to all those fantastic Everton fans who spent a lot of money and out cheered the home fans to watch that crap.

Howard stopped us getting a real pants down dry bumming.

Arteta looked busy and tidy when he got the ball, but he's still feeling his way back in.

Think it is a little unfair on Osman and Moyes that people are giving him a slagging. Moutinho was popping up all over the show, so you put someone on him. Osman is the most mobile of our centre mids ergo...Osman sticks to Moutinho.

Saha was working hard also, but just think we sat back too much and invited the pressure onto us.

Howard stopped us getting a real pants down dry bumming.

Arteta looked busy and tidy when he got the ball, but he's still feeling his way back in.

Think it is a little unfair on Osman and Moyes that people are giving him a slagging. Moutinho was popping up all over the show, so you put someone on him. Osman is the most mobile of our centre mids ergo...Osman sticks to Moutinho.

Saha was working hard also, but just think we sat back too much and invited the pressure onto us.

Thats doesnt mean he should follow him all over the pitch. At one point Osman was playing as a LB because that was where Moutinho was. He should have been passed onto Baines/Billy as it left loads of room through the centre for someone else to exploit. Ozzy should have been picking up Moutinho when he came through the centre which is where he caused the most damage anyway. Osman has been our holding player in front of the back 4 and he has been doing a bloody good job by most accounts, moving him out there meant we had Arteta and Pienaar as cover through the centre (not the best defensive combo) and meant Saha had no-one up with him.

IMO that counts as a bad move and it smacked of desperation. It obviously hadnt been thought of or anticipated before the match and we were caught cold and didnt know how to deal with it.