IGNORED

Baines In England Squad

MikeO

Carrick looks good against the Wigan's but in the big games, when it really matters, like against Barcelona in the Champions League final and he's absolutely anonymous. And like you said, he's slow, can't tackle. He tries the Hollywood ball far too often and it rarely comes off, and he has no awareness of what's around him and plays balls blind which is why he gives the ball away so often.

Basically, I think he's garbage.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I may as well add my 2 cents worth... :)

Cole is the best left back in the world, he may well be a twat but he is a quality defender and is qualiy going forward.

Carrick is a good player but he isnt anything special. His confidence is low and it really showed yesterday as well as for Man utd this year.

Walcott has one of the worst footballing brains in the game. He is fast as fuck but Stevie Wonder can see passes better than him. He wastes too much ball and if he plays against a quick FB he is shit.

Bainsy had a shocker yesterday. He looked likehe wasnt bothered to be perfectly honest (wasnt the only one). He also looked very shackled, he very rarely got forward, he had absolutely no support when he did and defensively he just ddnt look focussed but as has already been mentioned he had very little cover.

Im not sure any of the players had a good game yesterday. Green made a good save (the other was right at him) but the media seem to be forgetting the timid shot that he fumbled ridiculously which could quite have easily fallen straight to an oppo striker.

Rio & King were poor, Milner looked lost, Gerrard went walkies 1st half but did better 2nd, and all the strikers were anonymous due to the complete lack of service. 3-1 really did flatter!

You'd have though Baines would be safely into the twenty-three given the fact that Warnock's not played at all in the last three games....although this article sees it a bit differently...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/world-cup-2010/teams/england/7768829/England-World-Cup-squad-Leighton-Baines-set-to-be-replaced-by-Stephen-Warnock.html

The article was written before the game today though and Warnock didn't play did he?

Realise that but he says...

"Capello could end up playing Cole for the full 90 minutes (against Japan)– although he is likely to be replaced at half-time – and still include Warnock after observing the Aston Villa left-back during England's training camps in Austria, which have sandwiched Monday's friendly against Mexico."

Realise that but he says...

"Capello could end up playing Cole for the full 90 minutes (against Japan)– although he is likely to be replaced at half-time – and still include Warnock after observing the Aston Villa left-back during England's training camps in Austria, which have sandwiched Monday's friendly against Mexico."

Ah, I just skimmed it. It wouldn't surprise me though, Capello's making fucked up decisions left, right, and centre with this England squad.

Ah, I just skimmed it. It wouldn't surprise me though, Capello's making fucked up decisions left, right, and centre with this England squad.

He has certainly made a few strange decisions... I would be gutted for Baines is he didnt make the cut as he would basically be saying that he has been shit in the games he has played. Admittedly he wasnt great against Mexico but he did very well against Egypt.

I also feel a bit sorry for Scott Parker, he played his skin off for West Ham this year but finds Carrick and Huddlestone ahead of him in the DM role. IMO he should have at least been given a chance, especially as Carrick has been terrible most of this season.

Personally I wouldn't have Carrick pass me the salt at dinner.

But when did the choices of any England manager get full approval from the fans?

post of the year so far :lol::lol:

i made my feelings on carrick well known in another thread and i am in total agreement he is the biggest overpaid shower of shite in the premiership

This would suggest to me that Baines is in...

'During the wins over Mexico and Japan, England showed only glimpses of their best form, leading Capello to reveal to BBC Sport: "I know my squad for South Africa. It is the same 23 that was always in my mind."'

Would seem that his troubles against Mexico haven't counted against him :) .

If it's right then Carragher, King, Upson, Walcott, Carrick and Heskey are the wrong choices IMO.

Geoff Hurst:

"Emile Heskey hasn't played all year and hasn't scored goals, whereas Darren Bent has played all season and scored 25 goals - so if you're picking on form, it'd have to be Bent. I don't think that'll happen, but it's my opinion."

Can't argue with that.

i've posted on the england squad thread..should we merge them so it isn't all over the place? thought this was just about baines but could be used for both eh?

Good point...we'll wait to see if he's in or out and then sort it :) .