IGNORED

Baines In England Squad

MikeO

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will be supporting every team that England come up against now, even if it's the German's.

Fuck off back to Italy Capello.

Terrible thing to say... i will be supporting my country whatever team is picked.. Even if Baines didnt make the squad. To be honest hes a great player better than Warnock in my opinion but he has done himself no favors with reports of homesickness and his performance vs Mexico.. Englands best hope is a fit A.Cole as both baines and warnock are not world class standard.

Everyone should support their country nomatter what. We are England! and its a fekkin joke when people turn round and say stupid things like the quote above. No matter what club they play for we are united under one banner which is the English flag if your so anti england why dont u go to Germany and support them?

Rediculous comment

Terrible thing to say... i will be supporting my country whatever team is picked.. Even if Baines didnt make the squad. To be honest hes a great player better than Warnock in my opinion but he has done himself no favors with reports of homesickness and his performance vs Mexico.. Englands best hope is a fit A.Cole as both baines and warnock are not world class standard.

Everyone should support their country nomatter what. We are England! and its a fekkin joke when people turn round and say stupid things like the quote above. No matter what club they play for we are united under one banner which is the English flag if your so anti england why dont u go to Germany and support them?

Rediculous comment

It's not just that Baines isn't in the squad, it's the fact that Capello is going against everything he said when he first took charge - players would only be chosen if they were fit and could play every game (so why is King going? Barry shouldn't be going either), players would only be chosen if they were being picked by their club (so why is Heskey going, why is Crouch going, why is SWP going?), and only players who were in form would be chosen (so why the fuck is Carrick going?).

You can think it's a ridiculous comment all you want, I don't give two squirts of piss.

It's not just that Baines isn't in the squad, it's the fact that Capello is going against everything he said when he first took charge - players would only be chosen if they were fit and could play every game (so why is King going? Barry shouldn't be going either), players would only be chosen if they were being picked by their club (so why is Heskey going, why is Crouch going, why is SWP going?), and only players who were in form would be chosen (so why the fuck is Carrick going?).

You can think it's a ridiculous comment all you want, I don't give two squirts of piss.

I am with you all the way. It is such a public display of hypocrisy from Capello that it is laughable.

Capello is an idiot in my opinion, on the basis of what romey an others have said...

Warnock is going the world cup,ahead of baines who in my opinion is far better than warnock. He hardly attacks and he is hardly a brilliant defender either... Im just pissed off at the moment, so i won't bother writing stuff, that won't make sense given 20 minutes to reflect and calm down

I am with you all the way. It is such a public display of hypocrisy from Capello that it is laughable.

Me thrice. Im sticking with my guns and saying Holland to the final :) Come on Johnny!! woop woop. Like someone else has said i too hope Donovan (for Bainsy's sake) rips warnocks anus wide open so that his ribcage falls out. Capello you corruptive bastard. We all know its coz Italy have a wank team this year (Ok the team isnt wank but they wont do too well either).

Bainsey is a quite a shy character apparently and I can remember moysey saying that Leighton had a few self belief issues.

It sounds like the whole thing has got to his head which is a real shame because he's one of my favourite Everton players.

Wow, you lot are awfully hard to please at the national level. I'm gutted for Bainsey if indeed he did miss the WC squad, but give Capello a fucking break. At least Englands wins matches now. When you have to deal with Bob Bradley as your national coach you can resume moaning. Bob Bradley is a tactical retard (Moyes looks downright aggressive in comparison!).

Wow, you lot are awfully hard to please at the national level. I'm gutted for Bainsey if indeed he did miss the WC squad, but give Capello a fucking break. At least Englands wins matches now. When you have to deal with Bob Bradley as your national coach you can resume moaning. Bob Bradley is a tactical retard (Moyes looks downright aggressive in comparison!).

Like I said above, it's not even so much about Baines' omission. When Sven was in charge I lost a lot of my love for the national side, and I lost it all when the wally with the brolly took over. Then Capello came in and talked about picking players on merit, not on reputation etc, and he made me give a crap about the national side again. And now he's gone against everything he said. He's not a man of his word so he can do one.

Wow, I find myself agreeing with people even Romey. Capello may be a great manager and may produce a winning team but he has gone against his principles somewhat. Yeah yeah we can change our views and stance on our own thoughts and ways of working but until recently he still stood by his initial comments. Yet now we see the likes of Crouch, Heskey, Carrick and Wright Phillips getting the nod when they are not regulars in their own side, Barry is out of the first game but is deemed fit to go and King can't play two games in a week but may have to play three in ten days. All conjecture but hey as football fans we can have our say too. In a different thread I commented on my thoughts on supporting my country, I won't and don't lose any sleep if they lose and that has definately been enhanced today.

p.s. As long as it doesn't affect Baines mentally then this can be used to our advantage.

Blue nose, you will find that a lot of Evertonians (well most of my mates)are quite apathetic towards international football. Don't get me wrong they will watch it and want England to win but it's not a disaster if they lose. It may stem from the many years that we went without any Everton representative in games, who knows. You may even find a few Blues supporting Australia, USA, Nigeria etc because of Everton connections. If that sounds bitter or non-sensical consider this, during the run up to the last Euro Final, Liverpool sports shops where running out of Spain team shirts with 'Torres' printed on the back and pubs where crammed with scouse Spaniards willing their Kop hero to net the winner. It appears that national sides supporters may be as fickle as club supporters when it comes to winning.

i think Capello has been distracted by the Inter claims and the contract negotiations and now doesnt really care. Or Carra passed him a toke on his crack pipe.

Heskey? Really? Warnock - hasnt played in last 3 international friendlies but had a decent season against Baines who has played 2 (1 was pretty poor but so was the team in general) and had a stonkin season. Carra - well, it will be interesting to see how other refs outside the EPL view snapping, hugging and rugby tackling players. Barry - injured, average season. Upson?! UPSON?!

Ive no faith in Capello, had little to start with, but after the last 2 friendlies (dont care that they were friendlies, we were shit) and this team selection shows he cant be arsed. Im not bothered by the fact theres no everton players there, im disappointed that he hasnt delivered a team on 1 thing he promised.

Im disappointed for Baines, hope it doesnt get him down too much. Chin up Leighton, youve just been screwed by an italian..

Edited by galacticaracnid

OK here's my 2 cents. While I feel sorry for Baines, talking about homesickness when not pencilled as a defo squad member may have had an impact on Capello not picking him. It wasn't the wisest move, at international level you do not want players unsettling the camp with any negative energy, and home sickness (symptoms) would definately do that - unable to join in with banter, quietness, poor perfromances. I do not take such things as a crticism of Everton and I am 100% behind Capello.

Got to agree that Carraghers inclusion is a strange one - Jags is a FAR better player. In my honest opinion if they had included Jags in the preliminary squad he may have hit top form just in time, and at that level he is more than cappable of standing in for John Terry who I rate him as better than. Carragher has turned into a bitter aging bully boy sunday league footballer who targets the young quick lads with a hefty OTT challenge whilst protesting innocence (pienaar, aguero anyone)

I think Baines performance against Mexico highlighted some defensive concerns that would not have been evident had Mr Gerrard not gone walkies. None the less I think Capello has gone for the slightly better defensive security of Warnock. Added all in it makes no odds, Ashley Cole will be playing all the time barring injury.

Enjoy a nice holiday Leighton and chin up, don't go too far or for too long!!!

i think Capello has been distracted by the Inter claims and the contract negotiations and now doesnt really care. Or Carra passed him a toke on his crack pipe.

Heskey? Really? Warnock - hasnt played in last 3 international friendlies but had a decent season against Baines who has played 2 (1 was pretty poor but so was the team in general) and had a stonkin season. Carra - well, it will be interesting to see how other refs outside the EPL view snapping, hugging and rugby tackling players. Barry - injured, average season. Upson?! UPSON?!

Ive no faith in Capello, had little to start with, but after the last 2 friendlies (dont care that they were friendlies, we were shit) and this team selection shows he cant be arsed. Im not bothered by the fact theres no everton players there, im disappointed that he hasnt delivered a team on 1 thing he promised.

Im disappointed for Baines, hope it doesnt get him down too much. Chin up Leighton, youve just been screwed by an italian..

They said on Sky that its 2 years since Warnock played in an England shirt.

I can only assume that Baines has let it be known that he was'nt fussy about going.

"May 2008 for the friendlies against the United States and Trinidad and Tobago.[7] He made his England debut against the latter on 1 June 2008 coming on as a substitute for Wayne Bridge in the 84th minute.[8] Warnock shares the shortest England playing career of eight minutes, including stoppage time". (wiki)

Hasnt played since, which makes a mockery of the selection.

Graham Sharp on the OS reckons it's down to "London Press" influence.

A lot's being made of the homesick thing but I reckon it was probably just a throwaway line that the jackal's of Fleet Street got their teeth into.

As in, "Yeah of course I'll miss my family but....."

Warnock's England career is six minutes against Trinidad & Tobago two years ago (to the day coincidentally....maybe Capello decided to give him an anniversary present :mellow: ?).

I wouldn't have said Baines has shown all that much when he's played for England myself.

Saying that Warnock hasn't played so there' not much to go against!

Baines is far too honest and shouldn't have been giving out such negative comments at an important time.

In any case Cashley seems to be fully fit and I doubt Warnock will even get a game in the world cup.

Im dissapointed for Bainse but if he has been moping around the England camp suffering from homesickness I can fully understand why he hasnt been picked and his performance agaist Mexico probably tipped the balance

I agree Heskey and Carrick, and to a lesser extent SWP, shouldnt have gone and I also feel Jags would have been a better bet than Carragher but anyone who says Crouch doesnt deserve to be there is IMO on drugs, his record at international level speaks for itself

Maybe Im a bit biased because Im in the Forces but Im with Irby on this one and I will be supporting England no matter who is or isnt wearing the shirt, even to the extent of wanting Gerrard to do well!

And that means if Warnock plays against the USA I hope he kicks seven bells out of Donovan and doesnt give him a look in

Edited by duncanmckenzieismagic