IGNORED

Longest Thread For Drivel (or the Romelu Lukaku thread)

It does seem an odd situation for him at Chelsea. AVB continues to play an under-performing Torres (who he didn't even buy) rather than a player that he obviously thought highly of considering the fee they paid for him. Perhaps some pressure from Abramovich to keep on playing Torres?

I'd like to see us take a punt on Lukaku on loan, however I can't see it coming off and if I had the choice between him on loan or Stracq as a permanent option I know which one i'd go for..

As far as I can remember he has only played as the central striker once and that was when he bossed our back 4 in the league cup. He has the raw ability but like a lot of youngsters that join big clubs, he will rot on the bench when he needs to be playing week in week out.

• 1 year later...

In an interview to a Belgian radio show today, Romelu Lukaku expressed his wish to play one level higher than West Brom. He said he didn't want to return to Chelsea per sé, but that he wanted to get back in touch with European football.

Chelsea will definitely keep him in the EPL. So there's 7 teams that are better than West Brom who'll play European football. Neither of the Manchesters need him. Arsenal and Tottenham are too close competitors to Chelsea, plus they're from London. That leaves Liverpool FC and Everton FC.

It's vague and it's speculation, but it's his wish and it's a loan that would make sense to both teams, but I suppose he'd get more chances to play at EFC than at LFC, because of Sturridge. All I'm saying is that it is a signal and with a bit of 1+1=2, we can take notice of this. Plus Fellaini and especially Mirallas are buddies of Lukaku

Oh he's Belgian? Darnit didn't know that... Well I suppose I'm gonna have to face some repercussions from certain Swedish individuals for this then....

I like Lukaku, would have been nice.

Dunno if you have noticed Mirallas but I have given you credit when credit is due, Ive been hard on you when you post shit. Sorry if you think ive been too hard on you. Like you said I do tend to go all in with my emotions.

I am swedish and ive been pushing Guidettis name around here a lot. I understand that nationality colours your preferances in players. Im also guilty of that. Its nice to have someone of your own nationality in the team. Its a shame that Hammar is leaving. He was the only swede.

One of the reasons that it is nice for a smaller football nation than England, like Sweden and Belgium is that the national newspapers like to cover the teams with players from their own countries.

Everton recieved more coverage in Sweden when players like Alexandersson, Blomqvist, Limpar and Linderoth featured for the club.

Edited by Peter H

What a shame that we won't be qualifying for Europe. It seems 3/4 years 6th will get you into the Europa League due to the League Cup winner/FA Cup winner or runnerup having qualified for the Champions League or Europa League.

Yup....it's really unfortunate. Also we've already got more points than we had in 04/05 when we were fourthsad.png.

Is that least yellow/red card qualification legit? I call bullshit but I cant see any sarcasm in your post Louis.

"English winners of the UEFA Europa League will enter at the Group Stage, gaining an extra domestic place only if they fail to qualify through other means for the UEFA Champions League or UEFA Europa League. If the holders of the UEFA Europa League have already qualified for Europe, no extra domestic place will be gained."

So if Chelsea were to win the Europa they would qualify on that had they finished outside the top 5, but since they have already qualified for UCL, nothing happens.

Edited by Pearso

Is that least yellow/red card qualification legit? I call bullshit but I cant see any sarcasm in your post Louis.

If the English league finishes in the top three in the UEFA fair play table then there'll be an extra Europa place for the highest team in the premier league fair play table not already qualified....won't be us; Liverpool, Southampton, Fulham and Reading all better placed at the last count.

http://www.premierleague.com/en-gb/matchday/fair-play.html

I would love Lukaku at Everton. I think him and Jela would link up well together. Unfortunately not going to happen, if Chelsea loan him out again it will be to a Spanish side I reckon.

I'd love him, too. Hopefully, we could work something out with Chelsea, and maybe there would just be a "can't play against us" clause.

With jelavic watching from the sidelines while Lukaku bangs the goals in?

Lukaku could use his strength to hold off the defenders and lay the ball to Jelly. The problem with Jelly this season is that for the first half of it he had no service (and therefore lost confidence) which meant that when the service did get better to him he couldn't hit a barn door.

Why would Chelsea loan a striker out when their current strikers are not in great form?

It can be advantageous to a big club to lend a player out in order to have him hurt their rivals, but not sure they would lend him to a direct rival like ourselves. Had we a striker who had scored 17 goals, we would have finished above them. Not going to happen.