IGNORED

Longest Thread For Drivel (or the Romelu Lukaku thread)

Denis hasnt had a chance to prove anything yet so I think thats a bit harsh. Lukaku was a 20m buy because of his potential more than his ability at the moment. I think he could be awesome in the future but is he better than Saha, someone who is proven in the EPL. Im honestly not sure. Im pretty sure Moyes wouldnt start him that much.

Have you been to see Denis play??? He looks totally out of his depth in the English game. If Moyes had the opportunity to play a £20m striker then he would - look how much time Jo got initially (1st loan) before he deserved dropping 2nd loan.

Have you been to see Denis play??? He looks totally out of his depth in the English game. If Moyes had the opportunity to play a £20m striker then he would - look how much time Jo got initially (1st loan) before he deserved dropping 2nd loan.

havent been to see him play in the flesh but from the 10 mins that I saw him play (which im sure is all he has played in EPL right?) he didnt do anything right or wrong. Far too early to write him off.

Fair point on Jo, lightning striking twice though?

havent been to see him play in the flesh but from the 10 mins that I saw him play (which im sure is all he has played in EPL right?) he didnt do anything right or wrong. Far too early to write him off.

Fair point on Jo, lightning striking twice though?

Don't forget Moyes and his team see these players on the training ground every day. If Denis was good enough he would be getting his chance. Yep you saw him for 10minutes against Wigan and to be fair he did okay but against Chelsea he reminded me so much of Brett Angell it was untrue - sometimes you can just tell. (Please note I'd love him to bang 20 goals in now I've said this).

Don't forget Moyes and his team see these players on the training ground every day. If Denis was good enough he would be getting his chance. Yep you saw him for 10minutes against Wigan and to be fair he did okay but against Chelsea he reminded me so much of Brett Angell it was untrue - sometimes you can just tell. (Please note I'd love him to bang 20 goals in now I've said this).

Fair enough, just hope youre wrong and im going to reserve judgement until hes been given a chance.

I think it's more his fitness, he looked a good 2 stone over-weight.

• 2 weeks later...

In the Daily Mail too:

http://www.dailymail...ed-Everton.html

Some comments are on there saying he can't be registered to play for us as he has played for Chelsea and Anderlecht this year. He can be registed, but couldn't play!

But the rule actually says: "Players may be registered with a maximum of three clubs during one season. During this period, the player is only eligible to play offi cial matches for two clubs. As an exception to this rule, a player

moving between two clubs belonging to associations with overlapping seasons (i.e. start of the season in summer/autumn as opposed to winter/spring) may be eligible to play in offi cial matches for a third club during the relevant season, provided he has fully complied with his contractual obligations towards his previous clubs. Equally, the provisions relating to the registration periods (article 6) as well as to the minimum length of a contract (article 18 paragraph 2) must be respected."

Article 5.3 of http://www.fifa.com/...t_en_122007.pdf

He couldn't sign for Stoke on loan in August because players can't move twice in one transfer window.

In the Daily Mail too:

http://www.dailymail...ed-Everton.html

Some comments are on there saying he can't be registered to play for us as he has played for Chelsea and Anderlecht this year. He can be registed, but couldn't play!

But the rule actually says: "Players may be registered with a maximum of three clubs during one season. During this period, the player is only eligible to play offi cial matches for two clubs. As an exception to this rule, a player

moving between two clubs belonging to associations with overlapping seasons (i.e. start of the season in summer/autumn as opposed to winter/spring) may be eligible to play in offi cial matches for a third club during the relevant season, provided he has fully complied with his contractual obligations towards his previous clubs. Equally, the provisions relating to the registration periods (article 6) as well as to the minimum length of a contract (article 18 paragraph 2) must be respected."

Article 5.3 of http://www.fifa.com/...t_en_122007.pdf

He couldn't sign for Stoke on loan in August because players can't move twice in one transfer window.

pretty sure I posted the Daily Mail link Louis tongue.png

edit : thought this 3 club rule didnt apply to loanees?

Edited by Matt

Matt, I think it does..

10.2. (Aricle 10 is about loans) says "Subject to article 5 paragraph 3, the minimum loan period shall be the time between two registration periods."

Part of 5.3 is the paragraph in #39 where it states players can't play for 3 clubs in one season. In September, he played for Anderlecht, he's played for Chelsea since then so wouldn't be able to play for Everton til August 2012 when the new season starts.

Matt, I think it does..

10.2. (Aricle 10 is about loans) says "Subject to article 5 paragraph 3, the minimum loan period shall be the time between two registration periods."

Part of 5.3 is the paragraph in #39 where it states players can't play for 3 clubs in one season. In September, he played for Anderlecht, he's played for Chelsea since then so wouldn't be able to play for Everton til August 2012 when the new season starts.

Im sure there was a player in the lower leagues, maybe Championship who played for 5 or more teams in 1 season, 1 month loans each time....

Edited by Matt

bloke on the Chelsea forum i was talking too bout this said it was 2 clubs in a calender year, not season.

If that's true then come January we should be alright. i like this guy, tall, strong but quick and good with both feet. He reminds of Drogba actually. Hope he doesn't turn into an arrogant prick as welldry.png

All the same, I doubt we'll get him. I know Torres, Drogba, and Sturrdige are ahead of him, but a couple of injuries and with extra cup/european fixtures they'll need him I'm sure.

I wouldn't mind going for Kalou instead, I don't see him breaking his way back into the team since he normally plays wide for them. Kalou and drenthe on the wings would give us what villa had a few seasons back, with ashley young and agbonlahor. We're not very good at counter attack and I'd actually prefer a quick, decisive player above a potentially good striker. If scoring goals is a trade, setting them up can be an art form. We've genuinely lacked ingenuity in the final third, and I think we have players capable of scoring regularly, we just don't create good opportunities, just half chances and the occasional wonder strike. Still we all knew we would be linked with every out of favour striker in the prem when kenwright said money was available so lets just hope we get something in january.

Edited by The Regulator

Fine pris', ignore me. I post a link to the FIFA regulations but you believe someone from the Chelsea forum. tongue.png FIFA say per season but if the domestic calendar is different for one club, an exception can be made.

Mascherano was given permission by FIFA. Liverpool initially loaned him for his registration and then sought permission from FIFA so he could actually play.

http://news.bbc.co.u...utd/6230031.stm - acknowledgement of the rules

http://news.bbc.co.u...ool/6267319.stm - seek special dispensation

http://www.telegraph...Mascherano.html - special dispensation given

Liverpool needed the FA to lodge the appeal. The Chief Executive of the FA at the time was Brian Barwick, a known Liverpool fan. That's why they the FA did it. wink.png

The decision was made because Corinthians' league runs from May to December. The rules I posted were brought in after the Mascherano decision. The decision helped shape the existing rules.

Mascherano would still have been able to sign for Liverpool under the existing rules because of the Brazilian football calendar operating a different schedule to our own.

If that's true then come January we should be alright. i like this guy, tall, strong but quick and good with both feet. He reminds of Drogba actually. Hope he doesn't turn into an arrogant prick as welldry.png

I agree he's strong and quick, but he's also bad with both feet. I'd much rather play Vellios.

• 3 months later...

Was just going to post that! shaking fist.png

Get's a big fat no from me. He's not played this season for Chelsea and when I have seen him play I don't see what the fuss is about. Chelsea paid an astonishing £13,000,000 for him and would want to re-coup as much of it as they can (money which we haven't got if we was to buy) so I can't see this one coming off - even as a loan deal.

IMO if he's going to move out of Stamford Bridge he will go abroad to Ligue 1.

Villas-Boas could be willing to let the 18-year-old spend next season away from Stamford Bridge on loan

Made me laugh that, is Villas-Boas really going to be there come next season?

Edited by Zoo

Was just going to post that! shaking%20fist.png

Get's a big fat no from me. He's not played this season for Chelsea and when I have seen him play I don't see what the fuss is about. Chelsea paid an astonishing £13,000,000 for him and would want to re-coup as much of it as they can (money which we haven't got if we was to buy) so I can't see this one coming off - even as a loan deal.

IMO if he's going to move out of Stamford Bridge he will go abroad to Ligue 1.

ey

Made me laugh that, is Villas-Boas really going to be there come next season?

It's very difficult to know how good he is, if anything it would have to be a loan, id hate to see us spend money on him, if we have striker money, then it needs to go on someone we know will hit the back of the net.

Agreed that's why I don't want us to go in for him;

I don't want him to come to us on a permanant deal because he will cost too much and will be too much of a gamble. If we have the money out there for a top striker then we should be buying a top striker not someone who can't get a game for Chelsea.

I woulden't actually like him on loan either, he hasn't played all year and surely that speaks volumes (even at Chelsea) so for me he gets a big fat no. Surely there are other players out there that we could bring in that could do a better job?