IGNORED

Longest Thread For Drivel (or the Romelu Lukaku thread)

agree and disagree at the same time. Klose (Moose according to autocorrect, which is quite accurate) is and was a poacher with moments of the spectacular nature

He was a more lumbering forward, not a great club record but awesome international one. Very similar player to kane, not natural but very effective

haf will find some way to needle the stats, but yes he's quite the player. love that the young player of the year has 2 of our players in it.

See below post.... "not diluting what he's achieved" - facts state that he does get service. Feel free to argue that one.

ok.... my initial point was that I believe many "good" strikers would score a good number of goals 20+ in our set up with a lone striker as the focal point.

The argument is that Rom doesn't get service. So for me the clearest indication of service is the strikers ability to have a shot on goal - this of course doesn't account for any Deulofeu sizzlers across the 6 yard box that go untouched, but anyhow lets have a look at how Rom fares against other players in the league in terms of shots per game and where they are taken from.

1. Kane - 123 shots - 68% in penalty area

2. Lukaku - 99 shots - 75% in penalty area

3. Vardy - 95 shots - 82% in penalty area

4. Ighalo - 93 shots - 87% in penalty area

5. Aguero - 90 shots - 78% in penalty area

6. Barkley - 84 shots - 38% in penalty area

It is very fair to say that Rom does indeed get good service compared to his fellow top scorers. Rom has more goals in the 6 yard box than any other player here.... he has 5 vs Kane's 2 and Vardys 1.

I'm not diluting what Rom has achieved - i'm highlighting the facts vs this opinion that he doesn't get service.

See below post.... "not diluting what he's achieved" - facts state that he does get service. Feel free to argue that one.

exactly. the article had nothing to do with service. it had to do with minutes played and points. like usual you throw logic to the wind and find some tangential argument to try and win yourself over to the fact that lukaku is shit. the only person who believes this is you, no need to prove anything to us.

exactly. the article had nothing to do with service. it had to do with minutes played and points. like usual you throw logic to the wind and find some tangential argument to try and win yourself over to the fact that lukaku is shit. the only person who believes this is you, no need to prove anything to us.

Don't bait me on this subject, it's fucking boring. If you do then make sure you have your ducks lined up, as it stands they are all over the place.

Have I said Lukaku is shit? No. My recent comments have been that I believe a few good strikers would score the amount of goals he's scored..... note the use of the word "good" strikers.

Have I ever questioned his goalscoring ability??? No. So why the fuck do I need to answer questions around his goalscoring record.

For fucks sake don't get all hoity toity and start point scoring with me in the belief you have a group of people who will support your comments I'll argue my case alone against a thousand and give reasons.

"Oooh I like those stats, the guys like them... Let's call Haf out"

I think he scored the points by your reply Haf.

What points? The debate before the whole harry kane bollocks was "he doesn't get service"... I proved that he did to which the usual "no response"... surprising really because apparently that has been a real excuse for his poor games.

Then dunc posts an article and mark calls me out... I have never questioned his goal record...

Just the usual little pack mentality going on. I can handle it.

What annoys people, Haf, is that you desperately want lukaku to suck. Even if you say you don't, you're always on the lookout for whatever small argument you may find to use against him. And that's annoying, given that this is a forum for EFC fans.

Disagree with you on that completely. If he scored forty goals Haf would be delighted along with the rest of us, got no doubts there.

What points? The debate before the whole harry kane bollocks was "he doesn't get service"... I proved that he did to which the usual "no response"... surprising really because apparently that has been a real excuse for his poor games.

Then dunc posts an article and mark calls me out... I have never questioned his goal record...

Just the usual little pack mentality going on. I can handle it.

The stats don't show that. Was it a clear shot, does it include when the striker has ran into players, or when a player doesn't make a run onto a through ball?

The only thing you can read from it is the amount of hit and hopes.

What annoys people, Haf, is that you desperately want lukaku to suck. Even if you say you don't, you're always on the lookout for whatever small argument you may find to use against him. And that's annoying, given that this is a forum for EFC fans.

What annoys people mirallas is that I'm some sort of know all who thinks he knows more than they do and that my refusal to judge Rom purely on goals shows some sort of hatred for him. I can see that. That's fine, as that's how my posts can come across.

It may seem my irritation at his lazy games and lack of fight is pedantic. Apparently it's not him, it's the service and that pisses me off.

I have my views as to what a forward for Everton should do as a pre requisite every single game and at times the lad let's himself down badly. His athletic ability is without rival as a striker but he doesn't use it enough.

The very fact he can show feats of strength and desire to have a go (run down the left wing the other week, first goal against city, the game against liverpool) makes it all the more frustrating.

I want lukaku to suck??? No. I want him to play for the shirt like he loves the club as much as i do. So you can get to fuck with the accusation I would have a 28m signing turn out to be shit. Btw which team do you support? My guess is that you don't because you wouldn't make such an accusation.

Edited by Hafnia

Haf has proved Lukaku gets a lot of shots off , that does not equate to good service

Either way the point I was making is Lukaka is already an excellent all round centre forward and he is only going to get better

I would go as far as to say he is the best centre forward I have ever seen in an Everton shirt and he is still only 22

See the thing for me with Lukaku is.... He can be lazy, games have passed him by - I've witnessed it on many occassions. However this season he seems to have had a rocket shoved up his rectum. I have no doubt wherever he go's he'll have purple patches and poor patches, just in his makeup.

I'm sure everyone is glad he is banging in goals. But, like every player, he has faults. And of course his price tag means that he is always under the microscope.

On the argument of service, as I've said I'm strongly against this lack of service malarkey, I see it in a very simple way...Rom is furthest up the pitch, 9.9/10, for him to get the ball and shoot...he has to have had service of some sort from his team mates. For him to be 2nd for shots in the league...most of which are inside the area...he has to be getting an acceptable amount of service. It cannot be doubted.

The ironic thing is that we argue about his Pro's and con's against each other...yet no one is actually wrong in what they say! Most of it is pretty much bang on. It's only some male stubborn nitpicking that causes the 2 sides to become 'blurred'.

And the fact that he is continously talked about speaks volumes.

See the thing for me with Lukaku is.... He can be lazy, games have passed him by - I've witnessed it on many occassions. However this season he seems to have had a rocket shoved up his rectum. I have no doubt wherever he go's he'll have purple patches and poor patches, just in his makeup.

He's not the only one in our side who can be lazy and have games pass him by, but he does seem to be the only one who gets pulled up for it.

For example, against Chelsea Ross Barkley was lazy and for the majority of the game he was anonymous. Rom is criticised for not being "up for it" often enough and Ross most definitely was not "up for it" against Chelsea, and he's not "up for it" a hell a lot of the time. But barely a word about that. No extra 10 pages added on to his thread. No posts saying he needs a kick up the arse, or that we should sell him if a good offer comes in and replace him with a lesser player.

I didn't bring it up because he went on to play a role in both of Rom's goals, which is what I (we) want him to do. Just like I (we) want Rom to score goals and is why when he does score goals I can cut him some slack for some negatives in the game, just like I did for Ross against Chelsea.

Everything good Rom does seems to come with the word "but" on the end. He scores goals galore but his first touch is crap. He's improved his hold-up play but his right foot isn't great. He uses his strength better but he doesn't win enough headers. He has improved his fitness but he doesn't get up for games enough...

Always looking to find a negative point to make about him. I really don't get it. For christs sake, he's improving all the time as he learns, same as Ross, so appreciate the strides he's making in EVERTON blue instead of always looking to tear him down. He's one of the best strikers around and he's nowhere near finished yet and while he's ours we should make the most of it, enjoy it.

Edited by Romey 1878

He's not the only one in our side who can be lazy and have games pass him by, but he does seem to be the only one who gets pulled up for it.

For example, against Chelsea Ross Barkley was lazy and for the majority of the game he was anonymous. Rom is criticised for not being "up for it" often enough and Ross most definitely was not "up for it" against Chelsea, and he's not "up for it" a hell a lot of the time. But barely a word about that. No extra 10 pages added on to his thread. No posts saying he needs a kick up the arse, or that we should sell him if a good offer comes in and replace him with a lesser player.

I didn't bring it up because he went on to play a role in both of Rom's goals, which is what I (we) want him to do. Just like I (we) want Rom to score goals and is why when he does score goals I can cut him some slack for some negatives in the game, just like I did for Ross against Chelsea.

Everything good Rom does seems to come with the word "but" on the end. He scores goals galore but his first touch is crap. He's improved his hold-up play but his right foot isn't great. He uses his strength better but he doesn't win enough headers. He has improved his fitness but he doesn't get up for games enough...

Always looking to find a negative point to make about him. I really don't get it. For christs sake, he's improving all the time as he learns, same as Ross, so appreciate the strides he's making in EVERTON blue instead of always looking to tear him down. He's one of the best strikers around and he's nowhere near finished yet and while he's ours we should make the most of it, enjoy it.

spot on.

bingo