Romey 1878

Longest Thread For Drivel (or the Romelu Lukaku thread)

16 hours ago, hafnia said:

I'd have siggy all day long ahead of Barkley but Barkley was a far better and important player than people gave him credit for. 

Don’t disagree with that either. I still think he was a very lazy player for us though. If he wasn’t in form in attack, then he certainly wasn’t going to make up for it by helping out with defensive work, like Siggy is capable of. 

They both offer different strengths to their games, Barkley didn’t stand a chance to show in the Allardyce system he would thrive in the Silva team , but he chose to shit on us so fuck him and I hope he plays Sunday and has an absolute shit game and Gylfi gets the winner and motm. 

Now that would be poetic justice. 

Seen one of the best passing goals scored today.... man city's 3rd.  44 passes from when they won possession.

They won possession when a nice ball was played to lukaku on the half way line and an attack was on..... he miscontrolled it. 

I'm not blaming lukaku for that goal.... there will have been ample opportunities for other players to win it back.... ironically lukaku could have won it off stones if he was bothered to break into a jog. 

It just goes to show the cost of having him.   Looked completely disinterested and even heavier.  We are well rid chaps.

After watching us today we can not accommodate technically inept players.... Walcott is technically better than lukaku but looks a level below what is required.  Bernie will come good.... He's desperate to score and that's the problem but he has nice feet and a good brain. 

5 hours ago, Matt said:

Didn’t he win a penalty moments after coming on after United had failed to really challenge the defense?

Did you watcb the game?  He was absolute dogshit. Shocking. He just gives the ball away all the time. I'll try and find his stats now. 

Complete brain fart by the keeper, lukaku took a touch that looked like it was gonna go over the byline and going nowhere keeper just rushed at him.   I wouldn't say he won the penno.... gifted. 

He's shocking matt. If you are trying to justify his game by getting a penny then it's getting desperate.  He was awful. 

In near 45 minutes he completed 3 passes. More than I thought .... he just seemed to lose it again and again. Foden completed 7 passes having come on in 92nd minute..... 

That is why we could never have him in our team. 

No justification going on,it was a question.  But I did see him come on and win a penalty by being a pest to the defence which created their only shot on goal, which was a goal. If you want to be balanced in your criticism, surely you take that into consideration?

37 minutes ago, Matt said:

No justification going on,it was a question.  But I did see him come on and win a penalty by being a pest to the defence which created their only shot on goal, which was a goal. If you want to be balanced in your criticism, surely you take that into consideration?

I did take it into consideration..... a beautiful ball from martial.  He took the ball left and nowhere but the keeper just nailed him.  Keeper error but 30% of credit goes to lukaku if I have go be generous. 

I also took into consideration that Ashley Young lost his shit with him big time cos he was allowing stones to stroll out with the ball.  Think back to ashley williams vs man United.  Think back to Eden Hazard telling the press in the world cup that he was hiding and the team needed him. 

Just be content that his best season in football will have been in an Everton shirt.  The idiot didn't realise that not only wasn't he above our level.... he was never gonna be at the level to play in a team that we are evolving into.  That is a fact.

I've had 10 times more satisfaction watching a 21 year old converted brazilian winger play the lone striker role for plus than I did watching that fraud for us.   Richarlison yesterday was superb.... bullied 2 centre halves and played the most mature centre forward display I've seen since Duncan Ferguson destroyed man Uniteds defence on his own.  He never got his rewards but his work and hold up play was something else.  Strong, technically superb... a million miles better than lukaku.

9 hours ago, Matt said:

Rashford, Martial and Lingard also did sweet FA in their much longer time on the pitch. I barely remember Mata or Sanchez touching the ball in any meaningful way when they came on the pitch either. 

Martial's strikes have been papering over an inept attack. Last season it was Rom doing the papering now its Martial. Lord knows how they beat Juve with the chances Juve had to win that game. 

If you took the form of all those players before they either came to Utd or how they have performed since Jose took over you would have one of the best squads in the league. Rom, Sanchez, Martial are all 20 goal a season players, Rashford can easily score 10, so can Pogba. Then you have Mata, Lingard and Fellaini who can all add to that. They bought one of Shaktars best players, they league winner in Matic, they signed two in form CBs from top teams and one of the best keepers in world football. Yet they go into games with a must not lose mentality and then only try and turn it on at the end. 

None of those players are playing to the best of their ability and that falls squarely on the manager. It wont change and so I hope Utd stick with him!

8 hours ago, Bailey said:

Rashford, Martial and Lingard also did sweet FA in their much longer time on the pitch. I barely remember Mata or Sanchez touching the ball in any meaningful way when they came on the pitch either. 

Martial's strikes have been papering over an inept attack. Last season it was Rom doing the papering now its Martial. Lord knows how they beat Juve with the chances Juve had to win that game. 

If you took the form of all those players before they either came to Utd or how they have performed since Jose took over you would have one of the best squads in the league. Rom, Sanchez, Martial are all 20 goal a season players, Rashford can easily score 10, so can Pogba. Then you have Mata, Lingard and Fellaini who can all add to that. They bought one of Shaktars best players, they league winner in Matic, they signed two in form CBs from top teams and one of the best keepers in world football. Yet they go into games with a must not lose mentality and then only try and turn it on at the end. 

None of those players are playing to the best of their ability and that falls squarely on the manager. It wont change and so I hope Utd stick with him!

Rom has only broken the 20 prem goal barrier once in 7 years... His average is 16 a season. Huge fallacy calling him a 20 goal striker.... he is if you give him Europa group games against the likes of young boys etc to plump up the stats.  

Still failing massively against top 6 sides. 

Martial isn'tt papering over anything. The only thing getting papered over is you saying a few weeks back that he wasn't all that.  Since he came in and lukaku was dropped they have been far more resilient.  Their front 3 offers more work off the ball and are more efficient with it.  Lingaard martial and rashford at least tried to be disciplined against a world class side. Like Richarlison did for us against Chelsea. 

Any side worth their salt will come in for Martial.  Personally I think Real or PSG will.  Lukaku's value is dropping like a stone.  Did you not see ashley young ripping into him? Other United team mates looked at Rom with a "You lazy fucker".... smalling already went there a few weeks ago. 

Let's face it.  I called out that he would decline after a honeymoon period at United.... but even I didn't expect it to be like this.  He's like a kid who got given a cheat sheet to pass the 11+.... he should be at a comprehensive but now he's at a glamourous grammar school he's getting found out and embarrassed in class. 

Come on lads Haf hates him and wuldn,t accept hi if he was dressed as a French maid and he had no house cleaning done in his life.    winding up haf on this subject will not help in any way shape or form.  one thing though haf  did we have a guy back clause in the contract?  if not  give the lads a rest too eh?

2 hours ago, rubecula said:

Come on lads Haf hates him and wuldn,t accept hi if he was dressed as a French maid and he had no house cleaning done in his life.    winding up haf on this subject will not help in any way shape or form.  one thing though haf  did we have a guy back clause in the contract?  if not  give the lads a rest too eh?

I can't get wound up over it....  how can I? Been proven right.... just surprised how bloody right. Cos I'll be honest... I didn't expect him to be this shit. 

I thi k the next debate with him is - what's his next club? 

10 hours ago, hafnia said:

Rom has only broken the 20 prem goal barrier once in 7 years... His average is 16 a season. Huge fallacy calling him a 20 goal striker.... he is if you give him Europa group games against the likes of young boys etc to plump up the stats.  

Still failing massively against top 6 sides. 

Martial isn'ttt papering over anything. The only thing getting papered over is you saying a few weeks back that he wasn't all that.  Since he came in and lukaku was dropped they have been far more resilient.  Their front 3 offers more work off the ball and are more efficient with it.  Lingaard martial and rashford at least tried to be disciplined against a world class side. Like Richarlison did for us against Chelsea. 

Any side worth their salt will come in for Martial.  Personally I think Real or PSG will.  Lukaku's value is dropping like a stone.  Did you not see ashley young ripping into him? Other United team mates looked at Rom with a "You lazy fucker".... smalling already went there a few weeks ago. 

Let's face it.  I called out that he would decline after a honeymoon period at United.... but even I didn't expect it to be like this.  He's like a kid who got given a cheat sheet to pass the 11+.... he should be at a comprehensive but now he's at a glamourous grammar school he's getting found out and embarrassed in class. 

Huge fallacy yet you then go on to prove that its happened before and can why it can happen in the future?! 

If Martial isnt papering over the cracks then does that mean you think Utd are playing well and have deserved to win the majority of their recent games? Once again if Martial doesnt score he doesnt contribute. He even scored from the spot at the weekend but didnt contribute. He is doind a very good job of putting the ball in the back of the net but he isnt adding much else to the performance of the team which is xactly the same thing you have a pop at Rom for. It would be hilarious if it hadnt got so boring now.

They have been "resilient" either, have you even watched them? Bournemouth should have destroyed them first half, Juve should have put 4 or 5 past them and City barely came out of 2nd gear to knock 3 past them. 

Rom is still the same striker he was with us. Same plus points and same negatives. Well done for claiming the honeymoon period, whilst the rest of us still see the same player that played in blue doing the same things he always did but this time in red.

1 minute ago, Bailey said:

Huge fallacy yet you then go on to prove that its happened before and can why it can happen in the future?! 

If Martial isnt papering over the cracks then does that mean you think Utd are playing well and have deserved to win the majority of their recent games? Once again if Martial doesnt score he doesnt contribute. He even scored from the spot at the weekend but didnt contribute. He is doind a very good job of putting the ball in the back of the net but he isnt adding much else to the performance of the team which is xactly the same thing you have a pop at Rom for. It would be hilarious if it hadnt got so boring now.

They have been "resilient" either, have you even watched them? Bournemouth should have destroyed them first half, Juve should have put 4 or 5 past them and City barely came out of 2nd gear to knock 3 past them. 

Rom is still the same striker he was with us. Same plus points and same negatives. Well done for claiming the honeymoon period, whilst the rest of us still see the same player that played in blue doing the same things he always did but this time in red.

Didn't contribute? Be honest  Did you watch the game???  Martial was the only player linking up the lines. Played intelligently, but you said he was crap weeks ago so you need to be right despite him being one of the most productive players per minute in the league for goals and chance creation.... in fact he actually is the highest. 

20 goal strikers implies they regularly net 20 goals.... lukaku has done this once in 7 years. More accurate to call him a 16/17 goal striker.

Rom is the same player he was with us?  Yeah he is - just a fatter version who actually looks like his shield of arrogance has slipped into a case of self doubt and wondering what he can do to change it round. Cos without scoring goals he advertises his general incompetence. 

I guess it all comes down to the fact that people are horrified that such a poor player could cost man United £90m whereas we were never good enough to deserve him.

Me... I'm fuckin delighted he is gone. He's made his bed.... he can lie in it. 

On 13/11/2018 at 18:37, hafnia said:

Didn't contribute? Be honest  Did you watch the game???  Martial was the only player linking up the lines. Played intelligently, but you said he was crap weeks ago so you need to be right despite him being one of the most productive players per minute in the league for goals and chance creation.... in fact he actually is the highest. 

20 goal strikers implies they regularly net 20 goals.... lukaku has done this once in 7 years. More accurate to call him a 16/17 goal striker.

Rom is the same player he was with us?  Yeah he is - just a fatter version who actually looks like his shield of arrogance has slipped into a case of self doubt and wondering what he can do to change it round. Cos without scoring goals he advertises his general incompetence. 

I guess it all comes down to the fact that people are horrified that such a poor player could cost man United £90m whereas we were never good enough to deserve him.

Me... I'm fuckin delighted he is gone. He's made his bed.... he can lie in it. 

The bit in bold is one of the main arguments you used against Lukaku when he was here and now you want to use it to prove a point. You are so blinded by this Lukaku argument that you don't even realise it. I haven't said that Martial played badly, I just said that you don't notice him unless he scores. His runs are easy to pick up, this isn'tt someone constantly on the move like Hazard, feinting one way and then going another. He make less sprints than similar players of his ilk. I don't believe I have ever said he is a bad player. I have said he shares similar qualities to Lukaku when comparing them to similar players in their position. A brilliant finisher, who doesn't have the all round game to be an elite player. For what its worth, yes I did watch the game. If City didnt take their foot off the pedal, then they could have put another couple past them.

20 goals a season mean they are capable of scoring 20 goals a season. It shows how blind you are to Lukaku that you only picked him out of the list despite him doing once in the PL only and then doing it for 4 seasons in a row in all comps yet you ignore that I said it for Martial (who has never done it in all comps let alone the PL), nor Sanchez who has done it once in the PL and 3 times in all comps. Its even more hilarious that you quibble over 3 or 4 goals with Lukaku and don't mention anything I said about any of the others.

Lowest rated player yet again for them today (2.9/10 on their main fan site). Fans are furious and want him out in January. Can see him at somewhere like Palace or Watford in a couple of years if he doesn't get his act together. Apparently he hasn't scored at Old Trafford for 8 months. 

53 minutes ago, Isaiah said:

Lowest rated player yet again for them today (2.9/10 on their main fan site). Fans are furious and want him out in January. Can see him at somewhere like Palace or Watford in a couple of years if he doesn't get his act together. Apparently he hasn't scored at Old Trafford for 8 months. 

Funny isn'tt it... spent half his time here whinging about needing to play at a club like United or Juventus.   He's been awful for them... simple as that. Had his honeymoon and now the wheels haven't just fallen off.... it looks like he's eaten them. 

Apparently palaces first attack was set up by lukaku miscontrolling a pass. 

He wouldn't get anywhere near Silvas Everton. All players need to be able to control a ball a find a team mate for starters.... so that's him knackered. 

£90m? Wouldn't be worth half that now. Any money we have should be prioritised in getting Gomes... get rid of schneiderlein for £15m and pay Barca £40m for Gomes.

9 hours ago, Palfy said:

Why are we so immersed in him still hasn't played for us for 18 months who really gives a shite here how he plays.

For the same reason the thread was so lively before we even signed him.... because he is all about hype and exposure.  Even before he had done fuck all he was hyped beyond all logic. 

He brings so much on himself with his big mouth... some football fans are a bit more savvy than to buy into a striker who gives the ball away a lot but scores hatfuls against shit defences.   Unlike us... United fans have had the privledge of watching strikers for the past 20 years who weren't plucked from the bargain bucket on the way out of B&M....  so they see him for what he is.... a shit footballer.  

For us he averaged 16 goals a season and was feted as a world class talent.... and It gave him the platform to tell his managers how they should play football (basically forget nice football just lump it over the top on the counter attack and I can do that).  He took the piss out of us.... if he was Lionel Messi I wouldn't accept that shit but he's so fuckin far from Lionel Messi it's untrue and the fact that he did it should have meant the fans told him to fuck off.... not applaud him. 

Noone will pay anything near what we got for him. He will get sold by United- the fans have had it with him.   He got dropped for 4 games and United scored in each of them - a total of 7 goals.... 2 against us. He starts the first time against the 7th leakiest defence and has 20 touches in 90 minutes..... martial had the next fewest with 51.  

One United fan on Twitter had a rant when someone tried to give the "service" excuse to defend lukaku.  His response was "should we buy wingers who excuse the lack of crosses because the players don't pass the ball to them on the byline...." .  His movement is shit.... that is why he doesn't get the ball, he isolates himself.  Even if he drops deep he isn'tt reliable enough to take it and give it. 

I'm loving watching us under Silva. Watching us create opportunities in the final third... having a front 3 who can play football and seeing the likes of Gylfi get chances because the front 3 can involve the midfield. We may need a clinical striker till Richarlison matures into the role but he needs to be able to play football and that means anyone who resembles lukaku need not apply. 

4 hours ago, hafnia said:

For the same reason the thread was so lively before we even signed him.... because he is all about hype and exposure.  Even before he had done fuck all he was hyped beyond all logic. 

He brings so much on himself with his big mouth... some football fans are a bit more savvy than to buy into a striker who gives the ball away a lot but scores hatfuls against shit defences.   Unlike us... United fans have had the privledge of watching strikers for the past 20 years who weren't plucked from the bargain bucket on the way out of B&M....  so they see him for what he is.... a shit footballer.  

For us he averaged 16 goals a season and was feted as a world class talent.... and It gave him the platform to tell his managers how they should play football (basically forget nice football just lump it over the top on the counter attack and I can do that).  He took the piss out of us.... if he was Lionel Messi I wouldn't accept that shit but he's so fuckin far from Lionel Messi it's untrue and the fact that he did it should have meant the fans told him to fuck off.... not applaud him. 

Noone will pay anything near what we got for him. He will get sold by United- the fans have had it with him.   He got dropped for 4 games and United scored in each of them - a total of 7 goals.... 2 against us. He starts the first time against the 7th leakiest defence and has 20 touches in 90 minutes..... martial had the next fewest with 51.  

One United fan on Twitter had a rant when someone tried to give the "service" excuse to defend lukaku.  His response was "should we buy wingers who excuse the lack of crosses because the players don't pass the ball to them on the byline...." .  His movement is shit.... that is why he doesn't get the ball, he isolates himself.  Even if he drops deep he isn'ttt reliable enough to take it and give it. 

I'm loving watching us under Silva. Watching us create opportunities in the final third... having a front 3 who can play football and seeing the likes of Gylfi get chances because the front 3 can involve the midfield. We may need a clinical striker till Richarlison matures into the role but he needs to be able to play football and that means anyone who resembles lukaku need not apply. 

Don't think it's we may more we do.

13 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Don't think it's we may more we do.

Either way ... Needs to be a substantially better football player than lukaku.  

His agent has a job on his hands finding him his next club.  There is no way United fans are gonna stomach lukaku, matic and probably mourinho any longer. 

They are goosed.  They have spent a fortune on players and nothing is working. 

I wish we got lacazette when we sold Rom. Liked him for a long time. 

2 minutes ago, hafnia said:

Either way ... Needs to be a substantially better football player than lukaku.  

His agent has a job on his hands finding him his next club.  There is no way United fans are gonna stomach lukaku, matic and probably mourinho any longer. 

They are goosed.  They have spent a fortune on players and nothing is working. 

I wish we got lacazette when we sold Rom. Liked him for a long time. 

I was big on Martial but must admit having second thoughts on him he's becoming very lazy, to be fair most of Utd players look disinterested Mourinho is losing the dressing room with his negative football just as he did at Chelsea.

Good players want to express themselves and play attacking football, but Mourinho has put the shackles on them he will be gone soon.

16 minutes ago, Palfy said:

I was big on Martial but must admit having second thoughts on him he's becoming very lazy, to be fair most of Utd players look disinterested Mourinho is losing the dressing room with his negative football just as he did at Chelsea.

Good players want to express themselves and play attacking football, but Mourinho has put the shackles on them he will be gone soon.

I honestly see lukaku at West ham.  Be about the right fit for him.  Suits his big fish small pond mentality and he will get his own way a bit more. 

Interesting stat..... 20 goals out of circa 320 prem goals scored this season have come from counter attack/fast breaks. That's about 1 in 16.....

We have 2, Leicester lead on 4 and Bournemouth and Liverpool have 3. 

No place for him to play his trade here me thinks. 

5 hours ago, hafnia said:

Interesting stat..... 20 goals out of circa 320 prem goals scored this season have come from counter attack/fast breaks. That's about 1 in 16.....

We have 2, Leicester lead on 4 and Bournemouth and Liverpool have 3. 

No place for him to play his trade here me thinks. 

Leicester was actually the team I thought he might go to next if he stays in the prem haha. 

7 hours ago, Vranny said:

Leicester was actually the team I thought he might go to next if he stays in the prem haha. 

Even so... 4 goals.

My argument a lot of the time when I heard "We don't play to his strengths" was that opposition's don't set themselves up to be exposed by his strengths.  

The only time opponents are prone to the counter is when the over commit.... usually when chasing the game.

When does lukaku score most of his goals??? Yep... when his team are already ahead and the opponents open up more.  Hence why his 25 goals kinda meant no chance to our position. 

2 hours ago, Finn balor said:

United fans who I work with think he is a joke. One lad was telling me how he watches the drills before the match and sees the ball bouncing off him everywhere. I believe he had 16 touches in the palace game 😂

And he only received one pass!

Haf should like this.  In Telegraph Sport today there is an item  - Man U expressing an interest in Arnautovic of West Ham.  That sums up Lukaku better than all the analysis provided by Haf.😁

2 hours ago, johnh said:

And he only received one pass!

Haf should like this.  In Telegraph Sport today there is an item  - Man U expressing an interest in Arnautovic of West Ham.  That sums up Lukaku better than all the analysis provided by Haf.😁

I predicted they would go for Arnautovic too.   He would do a great job for them. A pivot point. 

Richie will grow into that type of forward if he wanted to. Naturally strong... not the  "Oh he's 6ft 4 and 15st so he must be strong" ... he actually is strong. 

FFS.... like when you pretend to throw a ball for a dog and it legs it 10 yards before realising you've got it. 

That's a very difficult skill you've just witnessed stop taking the piss there's not many that could pull that off.

3 hours ago, Palfy said:

That's a very difficult skill you've just witnessed stop taking the piss there's not many that could pull that off.

It's genius. Had me in stitches.... it's the instant groan of the crowd. 

Injured himself with his attempt at a first touch. Probably ruled out of the Arsenal game on Wednesday now. 2nd lowest rated player on their fan site today after Pogba (who was utterly awful. I watched the game and couldn't believe he was a 90 million pound player. Always trying to do dumb flashy shit instead of keeping it simple. He needs to watch videos of Pirlo. Mourinho just called him out in his interview when he talked about the "genius of simplicity" in midfield).  

Kind of annoyed we didn't beat these, they're really a shit team   

Oh, and whoever on the United staff is allowing Lukaku to become a bodybuilder should be fired. The guy's insanely huge for a footballer and it's affecting his ability to run and control a ball. 

10 minutes ago, Isaiah said:

Oh, and whoever on the United staff is allowing Lukaku to become a bodybuilder should be fired. The guy's insanely huge for a footballer and it's affecting his ability to run and control a ball. 

His awful ability is what affects his ball control.... athletically he's still quick... just not as much off the mark. 

Although I take the Micky he's probably no heavier than 14.5 stone and is around 12% body fat.  He's just not strong.....  I'm deadly serious, I can spot a strong fucker.... big Dunc, keown, shearer, Kyle walker, Rooney, antonio valencia, Arnautovic all spring to mind.... lukaku reminds me of a lot of lads I've played against or trained in the gym with..... long limbed but unable to power them levers properly.  Has no aggression or timing. 

7 hours ago, Isaiah said:

I agree his touch was always relatively bad (it certainly wasn't one of his strengths, let's put it that way), but United fans who watch him every week say it's getting worse and worse, and they also blame his ballooning weight for it. Just one of many threads on the subject:

http://www.redcafe.net/threads/lukakus-touch.443243/

No... the arrogant pricks that they are were told by the likes of myself that he had an awful touch and was overrated and they started giving it the "he's at United now, a big club. He will get service and score loads".... he has always been what he is. He does look bigger that's about it. 

All it is - is that he has been found out under the microscope of Man United.  His game does not stand up to scrutiny.... all very well scoring when your team is playing well.  Try making the difference when your team needs you to step up. He can't.  

At this level he is finished. No team in the top 6 or 7 will touch him.  Offers absolutely nothing outside of hitting a ball with his left foot if it comes to him in the box.  He will get a move a to a club where he feels he is top dog and park his arse where hevwabts and let others do the running round for him. 

5 hours ago, hafnia said:

No... the arrogant pricks that they are were told by the likes of myself that he had an awful touch and was overrated and they started giving it the "he's at United now, a big club. He will get service and score loads".... he has always been what he is. He does look bigger that's about it. 

All it is - is that he has been found out under the microscope of Man United.  His game does not stand up to scrutiny.... all very well scoring when your team is playing well.  Try making the difference when your team needs you to step up. He can't.  

At this level he is finished. No team in the top 6 or 7 will touch him.  Offers absolutely nothing outside of hitting a ball with his left foot if it comes to him in the box.  He will get a move a to a club where he feels he is top dog and park his arse where hevwabts and let others do the running round for him. 

Not disagreeing with a lot of that but I long ago debunked the one footed theory so you should really let that go.

2 hours ago, MikeO said:

Not disagreeing with a lot of that but I long ago debunked the one footed theory so you should really let that go.

I still maintain he's ridiculously one footed. He has scored goals with his right foot - the same way I used to score with my left, placement..  Would I tee myself up to strike it from 20 yards on my left peg? No chance.   Compare his supposed weaker foot with Kane... he can shoot either foot any distance.   

Many of lukakus big misses are with his right foot.  If squawka has its stats site I'll tryband prove it. 

By all accounts played very well today good movement to create space for others and a well taken goal, if he was here with the opportunities we create he would be in double figures already this season.

13 hours ago, Palfy said:

By all accounts played very well today good movement to create space for others and a well taken goal, if he was here with the opportunities we create he would be in double figures already this season.

He just scored his first goal... a tap in in nigh on 1000 minutes of football Palf...against Fulham when the match was out of their reach funny enough....

He managed to get another lukaku touch added to the highlight reel too.... can't paste it but basically he manages to mess up a simple pass that would have had him clean through on goal. Awful. 

Why when we have a brand of football that is demanding for the more competent footballers in terms of speed of play, precision and touch would you think he is the right player to score goals for us?  Your suggestion is taking us back in time.

He can't hack it at United yet you are suggesting we somehow bring him back here? For us to progress we need players who could succeed at United. 

1 hour ago, hafnia said:

He just scored his first goal... a tap in in nigh on 1000 minutes of football Palf...against Fulham when the match was out of their reach funny enough....

He managed to get another lukaku touch added to the highlight reel too.... can't paste it but basically he manages to mess up a simple pass that would have had him clean through on goal. Awful. 

Why when we have a brand of football that is demanding for the more competent footballers in terms of speed of play, precision and touch would you think he is the right player to score goals for us?  Your suggestion is taking us back in time.

He can't hack it at United yet you are suggesting we somehow bring him back here? For us to progress we need players who could succeed at United. 

But he still had a good game yesterday with his overall play.

10 minutes ago, Palfy said:

But he still had a good game yesterday with his overall play.

Against Fulham.... first game in a long time. A £90m striker.... let that sink in. 

As I always said 'he picks his mood.  He needs to be 100% up for it, his touch needs to be less disastrous.  It's like you need the stars to align to get value out of him.

It's like having Darron Gibson in midfield .... you end up with a load of shite ganes in the hope of the great one off game you may get 3 times a season. Untrustworthy.  He's United's problem.... he will be gone before long and they will be competing with us in the striker market. 

I'm hopeful brands has his targets in Jan.

I'm just happy we did very well out of the deal for him 

He'll end up in Italy at Juve do well something will turn sour then he'll be onto the next club, rinse and repeat until he's playing in China 

35 minutes ago, Isaiah said:

Says what I've thought since the summer. He piled on weight/muscle. 

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/dec/09/romelu-lukaku-world-cup-belgium-manchester-united

He put his weight on for world cup?  So in 5 weeks he put on what appears to be a stone and in 4 months he's been unable to get it off....

He talks absolute shite.  He spent his time in LA filling his face and making Jay Z promo videos like he's a rapper and came back looking like a balloon. His face is round... that's not muscle. 

He waits to score a tap in and makes a big reveal like it's the end of his issues. ... laughable

He put his weight on for world cup?  So in 5 weeks he put on what appears to be a stone and in 4 months he's been unable to get it off....

He talks absolute shite.  He spent his time in LA filling his face and making Jay Z promo videos like he's a rapper and came back looking like a balloon. His face is round... that's not muscle. 

He waits to score a tap in and makes a big reveal like it's the end of his issues. ... laughable

The hate you have for him is melting my screen Haf.