IGNORED

Longest Thread For Drivel (or the Romelu Lukaku thread)

The 21 comment.

And that's me wading in is it?!!

A bit of humour? In this topic (and others!), his age has been used numerous times as banter and humour, along with good old TT debate. Because its been mentioned so often, more than for any other player. Read back for proof.

Back to Rom, a good night tonight. Great second goal. Just need consistency from him.

Great win, feel the good vibes, ignore the bollocks.

Was a nice controlled win.

Brilliant finish from Rom.

Can't do much about the fuckpigs. Unfortunately exist in all walks of life.

Love you xxx

There's probably better ways of you addressing your need for arguments or whatever it is. Maybe a different website, in the meantime go back to being ignored.

BTW, it's quite telling isn't it. The main source of annoyance for you is my information that you call bullshit. Why would it really annoy you... Really why would it?

Is it like seeing someone wearing a Rolex and because you can't afford one and want one, theirs has to be fake? Deep down you know it may be real but the more you think it could be real the more you have to tell everyone it's fake. It makes you feel better.

You really are a very strange person !

Why would a source of annoyance be your bullshit.......you've just answerd it.Rolex watch, oh dear have you always wanted one.

I'd say if there's something fake around here it's you.Watches, cars etc......what world do you live in.

Back on ignored, that's so funny (like you really think anyone would be bothered, I think that's probably the nail on head, that's the one thing that would destroy YOU, if people ignored YOU ) don't people listen to you in the real world, THIS on here isn't the real world.I don't need to feel important on here, I can have a laugh and banter, but you seem like you need to be someone, more knowledgeable, higher IQ as you put it (and I've seen you wright it exactly as that).You can be king of the forum, but you still talk bullshit, to be fair some of your posts don't contain it.

Ok, you be King of the forum and ban me.......no problem I've got a nice life here in the real world.Night, night darling :wub:

Isn't it just fucking crazy that when we play fast, attacking football in the Europa Lukaku thrives, but in the league we play slow, pedestrian shite and Lukaku struggles?

Spot on. Put the lad in a side that plays like that all the time he'll score for fun.

The system we play mostly does not suit his style but because we paid 28 mil for him he's automatically expected to be able to do whatever we ask of him.

It's pathetic.

Edited by Paddock

Stan collymore came out with whole neymar, aguero, messi comparison the other night and was shot down.

40 of these goals were in the Belgian league as a striker for a club averaging far more than a premier league club. He's played 50 more games than Rooney had at the same age. Rooney did all his in one of the toughest leagues in the world, as opposed to rom at the best club in one of the weakest leagues in europe

In other words, he spent 3 years fishing in a barrel.

Newts that was obv tongue in cheek!

Extra effort was made to make it was obvious...just to avoid any trolling!!!

There's the age thing being mentioned again a few posts up...see, it's hot stuff. I'm not sure what we'll talk about when he turns 22!!! I predict posts will drop 89%.

Stan collymore came out with whole neymar, aguero, messi comparison the other night and was shot down.

40 of these goals were in the Belgian league as a striker for a club averaging far more than a premier league club. He's played 50 more games than Rooney had at the same age. Rooney did all his in one of the toughest leagues in the world, as opposed to rom at the best club in one of the weakest leagues in europe

In other words, he spent 3 years fishing in a barrel.

So McCarthy doesn't have 304 apps in his career already, he only has 194 because 110 of them where in Scotland?

You just can't accept it, can you? :P

So McCarthy doesn't have 304 apps in his career already, he only has 194 because 110 of them where in Scotland?

You just can't accept it, can you? :P

I'ver never really bought into that if i'm honest Matt - I know he's played alot of first team football from a young age and that is why he plays with a higher level of maturity.

I don't think i've ever seen glorified photoshop images putting McCarthys name along the likes of Pele as to "At 23 James McCarthy has played more first team games than Diego Maradona, Ronaldo, Maldini blah blah blah" - because in all honesty its abosolute nonsense.

Gareth Barrry is the youngest player to make 500 Premier League appearances.... does that make him the best? NO.

So based on this ridiculous Lukaku "goals at 21" "100 goals at 21 and x days" - i'm going to say I know someone personally who at the age of 20 had scored 110 goals in the West Cheshire premier league. A better return than Romelu's.

I'ver never really bought into that if i'm honest Matt - I know he's played alot of first team football from a young age and that is why he plays with a higher level of maturity.

I don't think i've ever seen glorified photoshop images putting McCarthys name along the likes of Pele as to "At 23 James McCarthy has played more first team games than Diego Maradona, Ronaldo, Maldini blah blah blah" - because in all honesty its abosolute nonsense.

Gareth Barrry is the youngest player to make 500 Premier League appearances.... does that make him the best? NO.

So based on this ridiculous Lukaku "goals at 21" "100 goals at 21 and x days" - i'm going to say I know someone personally who at the age of 20 had scored 110 goals in the West Cheshire premier league. A better return than Romelu's.

You're seriously comparing the West Cheshire PL???

Who said he was the best? All it is recognizing is a young lad who can score for fun with enormous potential.

Taking into account only the last 3 years, he has 48 goals in 107 games. Celebrate the potential!!!!

You're seriously comparing the West Cheshire PL???

Who said he was the best? All it is recognizing is a young lad who can score for fun with enormous potential.

Taking into account only the last 3 years, he has 48 goals in 107 games. Celebrate the potential!!!!

And there is my point:- You're comparing the Belgian League to the Prem?

Ivan Perisic scored 22 goals in a season for Brugge - in his following 5 years in the Bundesliga it took him the 5 years and 100 games to surpass the 22 goals he scored 12 season over 37 games in the Belgian league.

I'm not bothered about how many goals someone scored elsewhere - Dirk Kuyt and Kezman were absolute goal machines in the dutch league and couldn't score for toffee in the prem.

But Everton fans are celebrating this image of an impressive looking Lukaku with a lovely impressive font with bold white writing putting his name amongst the likes of Neymar, Messi, Rooney for a stat that is so weak its embarrassing that people even try to use it as a point of argument.

Makes me laugh in the same way that when its a heatwave in the UK we hear "it was warmer in St Ives yesterday than it was in Athens" - does that mean people are gonna cancel their holidays abroad for next year?

Ivan Perisic scored 22 goals in a season for Brugge - in his following 5 years in the Bundesliga it took him the 5 years and 100 games to surpass the 22 goals he scored 12 season over 37 games in the Belgian league.

I'm not bothered about how many goals someone scored elsewhere - Dirk Kuyt and Kezman were absolute goal machines in the dutch league and couldn't score for toffee in the prem.

But Everton fans are celebrating this image of an impressive looking Lukaku with a lovely impressive font with bold white writing putting his name amongst the likes of Neymar, Messi, Rooney for a stat that is so weak its embarrassing that people even try to use it as a point of argument.

Makes me laugh in the same way that when its a heatwave in the UK we hear "it was warmer in St Ives yesterday than it was in Athens" - does that mean people are gonna cancel their holidays abroad for next year?

I specifically just compared only the EPL since you don't accept goals in other leagues.

Can't you just be pleased for the lad? Only our 3rd striker in 25 years to get double figures in consecutive seasons, despite being very average in a poor team this season. Is that not something to celebrate instead?

I specifically just compared only the EPL since you don't accept goals in other leagues.

Can't you just be pleased for the lad? Only our 3rd striker in 25 years to get double figures in consecutive seasons, despite being very average in a poor team this season. Is that not something to celebrate instead?

But what are you asking me to be pleased about? Honestly Matt - i'm at a loss. It feels like everyone is desperate to champion anything the lad does and i'm big bad Hafnia who has a downer on him.

I don't have a downer on him - I want him to do well and make me eat my words, but unfortunately he is not the player so many are making him out to be.

Good players have an absolute minimum level of performance which is 6 out of 10. This lad goes from 8/10 down to 5/10, one minute holds the ball up, the next minute gets shoved off the ball. One minute lashes the ball in the next minute hits row z from 8 yards out.

Its nothing to do with being 21 - he has played plenty of first team football. Last night he had a decent game, the game before awful, the game before that decent, the game before that poor.

In between these games its the same old "yes, great game take it into the next one blah blah blah" then he lets you down, in between them there is the odd interview where he tells the press how he asked the manager to change or that he is wanting to play for a bigger club.

He is one of the most frustrating players i've seen in an Everton shirt. Yet he is treated like some sort of "world player of the year in waiting". There is nothing to celebrate as yet - absolutely nothing. He hasn't really done anything - he may do but till then lets just keep the powder dry. Its not like the lad keeps his feet on the ground.

But what are you asking me to be pleased about? Honestly Matt - i'm at a loss. It feels like everyone is desperate to champion anything the lad does and i'm big bad Hafnia who has a downer on him.

I don't have a downer on him - I want him to do well and make me eat my words, but unfortunately he is not the player so many are making him out to be.

Good players have an absolute minimum level of performance which is 6 out of 10. This lad goes from 8/10 down to 5/10, one minute holds the ball up, the next minute gets shoved off the ball. One minute lashes the ball in the next minute hits row z from 8 yards out.

Its nothing to do with being 21 - he has played plenty of first team football. Last night he had a decent game, the game before awful, the game before that decent, the game before that poor.

In between these games its the same old "yes, great game take it into the next one blah blah blah" then he lets you down, in between them there is the odd interview where he tells the press how he asked the manager to change or that he is wanting to play for a bigger club.

He is one of the most frustrating players i've seen in an Everton shirt. Yet he is treated like some sort of "world player of the year in waiting". There is nothing to celebrate as yet - absolutely nothing. He hasn't really done anything - he may do but till then lets just keep the powder dry. Its not like the lad keeps his feet on the ground.

So, our most prolific striker in decades is nothing to celebrate? Ok....

That's the sort of stat Liverpool fans put on twitter - "Since 1990 Liverpool have had 18 players achieve double figures in back to back seasons, Everton have had 3 - Bolton Wanderers have had 8"

Not being funny but DJ Campbell got double figures in back to back seasons playing for Blackpool and then QPR - its hardly the barometer for greatness Matt.

So, our most prolific striker in decades is nothing to celebrate? Ok....

Thing is Matt, whilst this fact is correct, I've never once seen you or come to that matter any other Rom 'fan', ever say they thought Lukaku was world class, the best forward Everton have ever had, potentially a 30 goal a seaon player.No, I'm guesing you probably have enough sence to know we could have bought a player who through luck or skill could have scored more goals (though he would probably have neede a far better Everton team behind him) than Lukaku.

I agree with you that, whilst we know he can do better ( so could about 8 other Everton players), the fact is that we (Everton) have been poor and the tactics questionable, so we need to embrace what he HAS done an Not what he hasn't.At times they all need a kick up the arse includng Martinez.

Your banging your head against the wall arguing with 'Billy' on this one.

Being new to the forum I have looked at this thread with great interest.

Everyone has some very valid arguments about Lukaku and we are all entitled to our opinions.

As long as he is an Everton player I will back him 100%.

There may be times when I am absolutely pissed about his performances, offsides being a prime example but I believe that we have a decent striker in our team.

I hate the tag World Class being bandied around for players, how many genuine world class players are there...... Messi, Ronaldo, Neuer etc.

The Premiership is exciting but there are very few of these "World Class" players operating in it....Hazard, Silva, Toure, Aguero ?.

My point is that we could never afford one of these types of player so we have to make do.

28 million was a lot of money for Everton to spend on one player but after his loan spell I like many other fans, was quite excited about his signing.

Ok this season he hasn't hit the heights of last, but neither have the team.

When the team has played well Lukaku has generally done so too.

He has missed opportunities but at least he is in there to miss them, and we haven't had too many strikers doing that over the years.

A sensible post. Thank you!

Ivan Perisic player a more forward role in Bruges and he always played. He was the star and the team was centered around him. When he went to Dortmund he hardly played. He's also not a regular starter for Wolfsburg. Both at Dortmund and Wolfsburg he would rarely play a full game.

In terms of minutes per goal, the difference is much smaller.

And Lukaku is an Everton boy for heavens sake, Haf, be a supporter will ya ;)

Ivan Perisic player a more forward role in Bruges and he always played. He was the star and the team was centered around him. When he went to Dortmund he hardly played. He's also not a regular starter for Wolfsburg. Both at Dortmund and Wolfsburg he would rarely play a full game.

In terms of minutes per goal, the difference is much smaller.

And Lukaku is an Everton boy for heavens sake, Haf, be a supporter will ya ;)

I am an Everton supporter, not a Belgian player supporter, a manager supporter, a chairman supporter. I critique the people who impact the success of the club.

As it happens lukaku is a decent player for the fact he can score goals. That's about it. Let's not get carried away with him.

• 2 weeks later...