IGNORED

Longest Thread For Drivel (or the Romelu Lukaku thread)

How many cycles are we on now where Rom has that game where everyone thinks the penny has dropped?

One game he's like George Weah - then the next 3-4 he's like Kenwynne Jones.

Its happened countless times now.

Whether its Rom or the management team, they need to get to the bottom of this. 9/10 down to 5 or 6 out of 10 for the next few games. Clearly an "up for it" Rom is a weapon. The very fact that he needs to be "up for it" is a problem.

I think he and Kone can form a very good partnership, Kone is as strong as anyone i've seen play up front in a blue shirt.

I've been very unimpressed by Kone personally.

It all seems a bit half-arsed and languid.

Really??? I think people see what they want to see. His hold up play was very good, linked up really well with Garbutt to give us width.

You see, this is what does my nut in. People moan about lack of width and to a degree its true because Rom does not hold up the ball well enough to allow the FB's to bomb on. Kone did that last night, Garbutt got on the ball in more advanced positions as a result.

There was a passage of play that for me justified why both need to play. Kone dropped, held up the ball, Rom ran off him, Kone played ball to FB who crossed it in and we had a striker in the box.... simple!

Really??? I think people see what they want to see. His hold up play was very good, linked up really well with Garbutt to give us width.

You see, this is what does my nut in. People moan about lack of width and to a degree its true because Rom does not hold up the ball well enough to allow the FB's to bomb on. Kone did that last night, Garbutt got on the ball in more advanced positions as a result.

There was a passage of play that for me justified why both need to play. Kone dropped, held up the ball, Rom ran off him, Kone played ball to FB who crossed it in and we had a striker in the box.... simple!

I don't diss kone, but he's not the footballer Lukaku is.

Well Romelu is certainly closer to those standards than Kone.

Not in my opinion - Lukaku's control is erratic, he is very one footed. His movement is poor, never stays onside.

He's a better finisher, thats about it but that counts for a lot. As a footballer Lukaku is very limited - Lineker was, many were. But don't start using "footballer" - he isn't a great footballer. I would guess he is one of the last picked in 5 a side.

Not in my opinion - Lukaku's control is erratic, he is very one footed. His movement is poor, never stays onside.

He's a better finisher, thats about it but that counts for a lot. As a footballer Lukaku is very limited - Lineker was, many were. But don't start using "footballer" - he isn't a great footballer. I would guess he is one of the last picked in 5 a side.

One of the first for me, because he scores and thats what counts at the end of the day.

Let someone else do the technical work (which again is an area in which he is improving) he the person to finish off the move which is the most important part. If you involve everyone in technical aspects, expect all to contribute to the build up, you have a lot of tippy-fuckin-tappy without any end product. Sound familiar?

He's a much better playmaker than kone, his passes are sometimes brilliant and he dribbles better.

One of the first for me, because he scores and thats what counts at the end of the day.

Let someone else do the technical work (which again is an area in which he is improving) he the person to finish off the move which is the most important part. If you involve everyone in technical aspects, expect all to contribute to the build up, you have a lot of tippy-fuckin-tappy without any end product. Sound familiar?

5 a side is more about 1 touch passing, movement, in front of goal 8 yards out most players score. 5 a side is primarily focussed on sharpening a player in the footballing asects. Tight pitch with no space to knock the ball into and run with.

Matt, we have discussed the pros and cons of Rom and hoipefully he and the management team can find a way of making him work. He had a great second half last night, but please don't talk about him being a footballer. He is very limited.

The best attributes we can utilise are his finishing and power running on to a ball at a defence.

I was posed with the opinion Kone is not the footballer LKukaku is - Lukaku is by no means "a footballer" - he has the potential to be an important and impactful player for physical reasons, not techincal.

5 a side is more about 1 touch passing, movement, in front of goal 8 yards out most players score. 5 a side is primarily focussed on sharpening a player in the footballing asects. Tight pitch with no space to knock the ball into and run with.

Matt, we have discussed the pros and cons of Rom and hoipefully he and the management team can find a way of making him work. He had a great second half last night, but please don't talk about him being a footballer. He is very limited.

The best attributes we can utilise are his finishing and power running on to a ball at a defence.

I was posed with the opinion Kone is not the footballer LKukaku is - Lukaku is by no means "a footballer" - he has the potential to be an important and impactful player for physical reasons, not techincal.

I only really ever played 5 a side, until I broke my hip scoring an equaliser in our local cup competition. I know all about it. My point is that, what you need, in any sport, is someone to put the points on the board. I see you're talking about who is the better footballer. Thats a very difficult question to answer.

Kone and Lukaku are different players, but neither are complete footballers. Kone is persistently injured for a start, and can't finish that well (in a blue shirt at least). Kind of essential. I still rate him mind, but its impossible to compare the 2. End of the day, I'll pick a goalscorer over a hold up player every day, if I've other people around to do the hold up play.

That very true Haf and bold of you to admit it!

That very true Haf and bold of you to admit it!

The difference being Dunc- when Rom plays well I will say he has played well. Show me any game where I haven't - you won't find it. I am very tangible in my criticisms of Rom - I give reasons.

The point i'm making is people will ignore a solid performance from a player they had a downer on before he even kicked a ball in anger for us - Kone. It suits their agenda as "super scout" "I told you so" mentality.

I don't think Kone is any kind of superstar but he is far better than the player some are making him out to be.

If we could have the Lukaku from last night in the Premiership more often, that would be ace.

It has been suggested, I think, that he 'gets service' in Europa.

Surprisingly, he averages just about the same shots per game in Europa (3) as he does in the Premiership (2.9). Just that he converts in Europa at a better ratio. So it seems on the surface. Maybe quality of opponent comes into it...5 of those 7 goals against coming against Young Boys.

Kone does look useful. Looked a bit heavy legged last night though. I think he would help to drag defenders away form Lukaku and give Lukaku more space to operate. Won't happen though...Martinez doesn't look set to change formation or preferred starting 11 unless forced to.

From the BBC website:

Cameron Laws: "A lot of people forget Lukaku is still only 21 years old. His ability for that age is remarkable, he'll keep improving."

:fishing:

I'm glad he mentioned that, someone asked me the other day how old he is - I was stumped I think I said 23 or 24. Is he only 21? wowsers. Is Oberfemi Martins still only 19?

p.s MC I don't actually see what you are posting - I just get a little line that says you have posted and it doesn't show it.

I did tell you that you are on "official ignore", so you feel free to reply but I actually don't get to see them.

Its ace, its like listening to Smooth FM without those awful adverts like "Chapplehouse Chapplehouse, chap chap chapplehouse"

I'm glad he mentioned that, someone asked me the other day how old he is - I was stumped I think I said 23 or 24. Is he only 21? wowsers. Is Oberfemi Martins still only 19?

For someone who talks about technical ability all the time and a certain player's lack of it, you fail to point out that Naismith is lacking in that department as well.

P.S. Naismith is 27.

p.s MC I don't actually see what you are posting - I just get a little line that says you have posted and it doesn't show it.

I did tell you that you are on "official ignore", so you feel free to reply but I actually don't get to see them.

Its ace, its like listening to Smooth FM without those awful adverts like "Chapplehouse Chapplehouse, chap chap chapplehouse"

Hahaha. You just can't help looking can you ;)

I honestly think that Kone and Lukaku would really benefit each other. Lukaku can learn from Kone's agression and how he uses his frame so well when taking in the ball, he doesn't get shifted!

I think that the two can really form a partnership I honestly do.

Don't agree with everything you say, but that is spot on. Play them together, let's have a go at teams, no more of this 3 DMs.

For someone who talks about technical ability all the time and a certain player's lack of it, you fail to point out that Naismith is lacking in that department as well.

P.S. Naismith is 27.

Follow the conversation not the post. It was stated that Kone is not the "footballer" Rom is. Rom isn't a footballer. Far from it. Neville Southall wasn't a footballer, Kevin ratcliffe wasn't, Bob latchford wasn't.

That's my point.

Follow the conversation not the post. It was stated that Kone is not the "footballer" Rom is. Rom isn't a footballer. Far from it. Neville Southall wasn't a footballer, Kevin ratcliffe wasn't, Bob latchford wasn't. James McCarthy isn't

That's my point.

Finally

Follow the conversation not the post. It was stated that Kone is not the "footballer" Rom is. Rom isn't a footballer. Far from it. Neville Southall wasn't a footballer, Kevin ratcliffe wasn't, Bob latchford wasn't.

That's my point.

Then I guess Naismith isn't either.

I followed that post because you make light of Lukaku's age but fail to realize that he's so much further along than Naismith was at 21, but you don't bring up Naismith on every thread like you do Lukaku.

Billy Bullshit, the only living Evertonian who would rather Everton win 1-0 with a goal from Naismith or Kone, than Everton win 3-0 with three goals from Lukaku !!

I think in the 'real' world poor Billy is never right......so he comes on here, where........he is never wrong ! :rofl: