IGNORED

Longest Thread For Drivel (or the Romelu Lukaku thread)

When he gets near the box or has a decision to make he just looks confused and indecisive.

Just not good enough. Naismith is a much better forward than him. If we can get over £1m for him I'd be made up.

Hope people don't just read that post on its own without reading the previous few given the title of the thread mate :lol:.

Lukaku has been just fine this season. No matter what anyone says the problems have been elsewhere this season. He could do with a few more League goals though.

For most of the season we have been dire, any forward would have struggled to look anything with what we offered.

We need to improve if we ever hope to get the best out of him, probably the same with Barkley.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/romelu-lukakus-return-cant-come-9028534

And just for Haf

Martinez remains a big fan of the player who struck 13 times for him in his single season at the DW Stadium but even if he were to point to the fact that Kone has not played 20 full matches wearing the fabled Everton number 9 jersey he has now clocked up over 900 minutes which totals over 10 full games.

Edited by duncanmckenzieismagic

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/romelu-lukakus-return-cant-come-9028534

And just for Haf

Martinez remains a big fan of the player who struck 13 times for him in his single season at the DW Stadium but even if he were to point to the fact that Kone has not played 20 full matches wearing the fabled Everton number 9 jersey he has now clocked up over 900 minutes which totals over 10 full games.

He's not even a short-term replacement for Rom. For all those moaning about Rom this season, it'll be interesting to see their comments when/if he leaves and we're left with shite like Kone. They'll be begging for a goalscorer then.

And just for Haf

Holy shit, it's like he's gone into my head and phrased everything I've said in a better way!

And just for Haf

7 this season was my point.

I would be interested to understand how many clubs with minimal player turnover have had strikers fail to net 10 times 3 seasons in a row.... for me its a damning statistic of the club rather than a celebration of a players ability.

over 38 prem league games you would expect 15-20 goals that represents a ratio of 1 in 2.5 games for a decent striker.

I think a factor may be the new FIFA regulations coming into force in May. Agent's (from then known as intermediaries) will have their earning capped at 3%. Those rules are being challenged in court by agents who complain that it's a free market and they should be able to earn more.

The FIFA regulations should forbid any club paying an agent. Agents representing players should get their fee from the player.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/romelu-lukaku-says-playing-alongside-9097485

I can't see us playing two strikers against United, so I hope Kone is on the bench and Lukaku is back in.

I've said all along that Kone has the perfect game to be a foil for Rom. Defenders are not going to like seeing those two up against them.

Kone has more physicality and is more workmanlike but he can deffo be a great asset, defences will have to go deeper with those two to counter their pace and they will split them more. It will give the likes of Barkley more space to operate between midfield and defence.

I disagree if we play two upfront it will leave us very open in the middle were United are at their best at the moment plus Kone will bring very little as he has done so far

Herrera Fellaini and co will have a field day if we don't have five men in the midfield we need to break them down at the back and hit them on the counter and with Barry likely to play and McCarthy being pretty limited with pace we will get torn a new shitter if we waste a place on Kone, Lukaku will cause them more than enough problems if we can utilise him properly