IGNORED

Longest Thread For Drivel (or the Romelu Lukaku thread)

Go back and check again Peter but this time check only prem league goals. He's scored 24 in two seasons, not exactly setting the world on fire.

http://www.bluefootyforum.com/apps/forums/show/13942034-fixtures-results

The you have to do the same with every other player you compare him with.

If he gets 1 more goal in the league, he is the third player since 91 to score double figures in consecutive seasons in the league for Everton.

Cant believe the negativity towards Lukaku. Look through Evertons top scorers season by season. How many have scored as many as Lukaku in modern times? I think you can count them on one hand and Lukaku has done it twice, in two seasons.

http://toffeeweb.com/history/players/goalscorers.php

Edit* apart from Yakubus amazing fluke season you have to go back to the early nineties. And lets face it, the league was a different league back then. Football has evolved alot in the past 20-25 years

2012 Fellaini got 12 Lukaku needs two more to equal him.

Season before Jelavic got one less.

Thatsvjusy the first few lines I have looked at.

Not questioning who is the better of all three....but he has had a poor season.

10 goals is below average for a striker.

If he gets 1 more goal in the league, he is the third player since 91 to score double figures in consecutive seasons in the league for Everton.

I havent compared him to anyone Matt, just saying he's not set the world on fire, 24 goals in two seasons !! There should be a better return from a £28m striker.

Edited by Bill

I havent compared him to anyone Matt, just saying he's not set the world on fire, 24 goals in two seasons !! There should be a better return from a £28m striker.

I know, just being preemptive :D

You may not have seen, but this argument of his price tag (which is always quoted wrong) drives me round the bend.

If its on performance It will only be £24m then. lol.

ps .... it wont let me use Smilies, ?

need to put the colons around the word, mate. E.g. :xxx:

edit: Trying to find the breakdown, but theres 110 pages! Its funny looking back at the thread from the beginning!

Edited by Matt

I've been critical of him since he signed at times and he's admittedly had me pulling my hair out but the quality or those atleast a striker needs for the most part are obviously there he needs better service in his defence

We've been massively lacking in creativity and hopefully if Martinez brings in the right player/s that give us that in then I'd expect (hope) to see him do much better

If we could bring in a player like Nolito for example and a good creative mid I'd like to see him and Kev played together or off each other upfront he struggles on his own at times and I think his game would vastly improve with better quality around him

Edited by EFC-Paul

Any £20m+ ( :D ) striker should be getting at least 19 goals per season. In the league that is only one goal every two games. The only thing I would say in his favour is that in some of the games I have seen (TV only) he has been isolated for large parts of the game (usually while the back four pass the ball about) and he may improve his target with better support.

Europa aside this has been a disappointing season for Rom. There have been signs of a player emerging from the ridiculous vision of a 6ft 4 tank who gets bullied and shins the ball all over the place.

I'm not arsed about this 10 goals mularky, it's a criticism of where our club has been with strikers more than a celebration of Roms prowess.

In a fully fit season 10 goals represents a near 1 in 4 goal return. Hardly the stuff of legend.

I look forward to a much improved season all round next year from the lad. My feeling is that if he has a "Kane" season he will be off.

Edited by Hafnia

Lukaku will not improve his goal tally much next season if we sereve up the same rubbish we did for most of this season, in Europe we played with a touch more freedom against teams playing a different style to that of prem opponenets, Lukaku was able to cash in on that.

Can Lukaku improve......only if Everton can, which is probably dependant upon Martinez.

Can't help but think if the Baines/Pienaar magic down the left had been matched by a Colman/anyone down the right with a match winning Barkley behind him, Lukaku would have got some decent service.......but there was no magic down either wing and Ross didn't pull any strings, hence poor season for all concerned.

Lukaku will not improve his goal tally much next season if we sereve up the same rubbish we did for most of this season, in Europe we played with a touch more freedom against teams playing a different style to that of prem opponenets, Lukaku was able to cash in on that.

Can Lukaku improve......only if Everton can, which is probably dependant upon Martinez.

Can't help but think if the Baines/Pienaar magic down the left had been matched by a Colman/anyone down the right with a match winning Barkley behind him, Lukaku would have got some decent service.......but there was no magic down either wing and Ross didn't pull any strings, hence poor season for all concerned.

Very true. It's easy to say that Lukaku's had a bad season when you look at him in isolation, but everyone on the team has been uninspiring and having that bit of knowledge really puts his "underwhelming" season into perspective for me.

Bingo.

3rd?? Lol get him the bronze medal Edited by MC11

3rd?? Lol get him the bronze medal

Shit oh dear! I hadn't realised that things were so bad. Honestly though, Everton has seen many forwards' careers go down the gurgler. They arrived in top form and departed broken men.

We havn't been able to support goalscorers for many, many years in this club across many managers. So what is the reason?

How did he play? Been removing paving slabs.

So I take it he got his 10th premier league goal of the season - he will be our top prem goal scorer with ten goals...

I'm not going on critiquing Rom right now. I hope he has a good break, doesn't put timber on like he did after world cup. Hopefully he develops over pre season and we see more from him and others next season.

Had to smile that the commentator at one point said something like: "the one area where Lukaku needs to improve is his first touch in situations like that. Mind you, he's only a young lad. Only 22." :)

It's a fair point and one that I think needs to be constantly pointed out for the next 362 days :P.

The way I look at it is this; if, come next season, the rest of the side are performing to the level we know they're capable of and Lukaku still struggles then I'll worry. But the fact is that this season the whole side has underperformed, Lukaku included, and he's still managed to score 20 goals. It doesn't matter how many were in the EL, they still count - Harry Kane scored a shitload in the cup games this season but I don't think they've been taken off his tally! And he is clearly contributing even when he's not scoring because he's got a good amount of assists too. As far as I'm concerned Barkley has had a far worse season than Lukaku and yet he escapes the sort of criticism that Lukaku has taken this season, but Lukaku has given us much more - without him we'd have been fucked this season.

20 goals in what we say is a poor season for him; imagine what he could do if he has a good season? We should be excited by him, not tearing him to shreds. He may not be world class, he may not ever be world class, but he's ours and we brought him here to score goals. He does that and his all round game IS improving. You can keep your farty strikers who run around a lot and will be a nice little team player, I want a striker to put the ball in the back of the net. And that's why I'll back Lukaku.

A-fucking-men