IGNORED

Longest Thread For Drivel (or the Romelu Lukaku thread)

Like any player; play to their strengths. That amazingly ironic phrase; common fucking sense.

There's playing to strengths and there is avoiding weakness.

Play to players only strength and the opposition can set up to nullify that threat. Unless that player can hurt you in a variety of ways.

There's playing to strengths and there is avoiding weakness.

Play to players only strength and the opposition can set up to nullify that threat. Unless that player can hurt you in a variety of ways.

Indeed there is, and they both make sense. Give a player a chance to develop those weaknesses over time, and don't expect an immediate change when that player is thrown in the deep end by a young manager (who is also developing).

I'm excited to see him play with a playmaker, and Ross in the middle too with less pressure to make things happen. A motivated Mirallas and another winger. We could see a lot of goals.

In the present setup we only have 4 places for forwards, two wingers and Lukaku means room for one more player If Ross is in the middle he has got to be the playmaker and in that respect he is not good enough at the moment. Another striker would mean playing 4-2-4 and i dont think we are good enough for that so i doubt we will see it.

I think the present setup is the right one but we have to have the wingers and Lukaku on top form. Osman has come back and is performing better than Ross.

We should sell to make money on Barkley and buy an established foreign playmaker.

IMO.

Edited by Bill

Forget wingers ?, Maybe we should play Hibbert and Alcaraz up with Lukaku. LOL

PS ... Still unable to post smilies.

You're still not putting the colons around the shortcut, like : lol : (without the spaces mind)

And of course I don't mean stick ageing defender behind him, thats idiotic. Who said anythin about forgetting wingers either? Wingers + attacking full backs have not worked. So, either play 2 wingers and have Coleman and Baines restricted (again) or play people who can link up with the FBs when they attack and track back to help defend. Lennon is the only winger who has done this, and he's not ours for much longer.

Edited by Matt

You're still not putting the colons around the shortcut, like : lol : (without the spaces mind)

Never had to do that before, just clicked on whatever smillie i wanted, nothing works in the post panel. No Bold, underlined, Italics or Media.

Edited by Bill

Never had to do that before, just clicked on whatever smillie i wanted, nothing works in the post panel. No Bold, underlined, Italics or Media.

Did you click the light switch, top left?

As you can see, its all shaded and out of action.

panel_zpsulrloryc.jpg

At the risk of repeating it the light switch top left should be the exception; I can create the same image myself..

snip1_zpslsempjnz.jpg

....but click the switch and you get...

snip2_zpsxnekcezz.jpg

Can see from your image that the switch isn't faded so this really should solve it. If it doesn't you could maybe pm me your password and I'll have a look (then you can change the password again so I can't put words in your mouth :)).

Bill I'm not sure what's more worrying, your wanting to sell Barkley or the really creepy photo of Robertos wedding day as your avatar?!

We can still play 4231, I think Barkley and McCarthy can play the middle two without much issue, with more time to mature. Probably not just yet though. I don't think Ross can be the play maker, I think he's better suited further back with more space to exploit.

Why do people keep going on about wingers? Playing with 2 wingers was the downfall of the 1st half this season.

Our downfall was playing a winger on one side and Barkley, Eto'o or Naismith on the other - none of them can do that job that Pienaar and Osman do. The latter two give us balance and fluidity in the preferred 4-2-3-1 system.

Our downfall was playing a winger on one side and Barkley, Eto'o or Naismith on the other - none of them can do that job that Pienaar and Osman do. The latter two give us balance and fluidity in the preferred 4-2-3-1 system.

Exactly my point; neither Pienaar or Ossie are wingers. They clever players who can pick a pass, link up play. I could kinda understand Barkley being played out there, he does have quick feet (just not the knowledge of when to pick the pass, which will come). Even when we did play those few games with Mirallas and McGeady early on, it was a disaster!

A big no no to playing Barkley deep Steve, he cant tackle to save his life.

PS .. Changed the pic for you, Ross Barkleys girlfriend, i think more of her than i do of Barkley as a deep midfielder.

Edited by Bill

PS .. Changed the pic for you, Ross Barkleys girlfriend, i think more of her than i do of Barkley as a deep midfielder.

Obviously with each other because they connect on an intellectual level :unsure:.

bill please go back and read again. we have mccarthy as the destroyer, ross the deep lying box to box transitioning to offense and attack, and moving the ball with his pace. a tackle can be had by mccarthy, barkley wouldn't be barry 2.0.

think of it more as a 4141 with ross dropping back.

I dont need to read again but i think you might.

When the Manager stops selecting Barry, Besic will be Midfield, No room for Ross. Naismith was better playing with Lukaku.

Unless there is a massive change in Tactics and Team selection it will carry on as it is .. back 4.. midfield 2 .. wide 2 with Lukaku and another striker Centre. As i said no room for Ross unless he shows a vast improvement and imposes himself on games.

Edited by Bill

I disagree, I think Ross can play deeper. His best performances have been further back in my opinion. I agree tackling isn't his strength, but McCarthy can do that well enough. I'd rather see Ross in there than Besic as I won't have to panic as much.

I think you may have missed how we've played recently, with Ross along side McCarthy, with Barry behind. Not the usual McCarthy and Barry sitting deep. The best we've played all season like that for me. The 4231 we started with has gone to more of a 4141 to me, not sure how Roberto will move it forward though.

We should probably take this back on topic.

Edited by StevO

I can't think of a 22 year old in world football with a better goal scoring record.

How lucky are we to have such a talent in our squad?

He's like a car in some way that doesn't spring to mind. But, then, someone else is like this other car. And, basically, he can't play with his back to goal as well as this guy who is like the other car, but he scores you more goals. So, keep the car or sell the car? He's only 22 for another 350-some days. Something about a warranty. Cars.

I love this place.

He's like a car in some way that doesn't spring to mind. But, then, someone else is like this other car. And, basically, he can't play with his back to goal as well as this guy who is like the other car, but he scores you more goals. So, keep the car or sell the car? He's only 22 for another 350-some days. Something about a warranty. Cars.

:worship[1]: